Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

[FORMATION=433,LLORIS,AURIER,TOBY,JAN,ROSE,NDOMBELE,SISSOKO,WINKS,LO CELSO,KANE,SON]home-kit[/FORMATION]

Love this formation, only issue is would love to see Lo Celso in the middle of the park, but can't bring myself to drop any of Ndombele Sissoko or Winks !

So basically last year’s team however:
- our 2nd choice RB starts
- Dele and Eriksen - two of our very top performers in terms of goals and assists are replaced by two players completely new to the PL, one of which is played out of position.

If that’s how it turns out: Meh.

[FORMATION=433,LLORIS,AURIER,TOBY,JAN,ROSE,NDOMBELE,SISSOKO,WINKS,LO CELSO,KANE,SON]home-kit[/FORMATION]

Love this formation, only issue is would love to see Lo Celso in the middle of the park, but can't bring myself to drop any of Ndombele Sissoko or Winks !
Lo Celso doesn’t play up front. He’d be in Sissokos spot and Lucas will be at RF

Compared to only getting Ndombele, it wouldn't be a complete disaster.

giphy.gif

Better than the last window, yay.

To be fair, if we strengthen the rest of the Starting XI and give KWP until Christmas as a Sink or Swim - I think we have smashed the window to bits.

A sink or swim with a proven terrible defender where sink means we try and buy a first team RB in the Winter window after having already dropped a shit ton of points? That’s your plan?

How can people suggest sissoko right back when his technical skills are almost non existent? Do you guys really think that to be a full back you only have to run?
He did cover alot for Trips incompetence at RB, and he used to play as a right midfielder, so he can convert very easily to RB.

How can people suggest sissoko right back when his technical skills are almost non existent? Do you guys really think that to be a full back you only have to run?

Have you heard of a player called Kyle Walker?

It’s a huge if but if we can sign Dybala then having KWP, Foyth, Dier, Sissoko etc as our RB options until January is not a disaster. Look at how many makeshift LBs Man City have used as they won back to back titles. If you can blow the opponent away and limit them to 5 minutes of possession in your third, it doesn’t really matter who is playing full back. You are going to win the game.

So basically last year’s team however:
- our 2nd RB starts
- Dele and Eriksen - two of our very top performers in terms of goals and assists are replaced by two players completely new to the PL, one of which is played out of position.

If that’s how it turns out: Meh.
Do you call reaching the Champions League final 'meh'? Also we were doing great in the league, close to City and Liverpool before the lack of squad depth and injury problems combined to ruin our league campaign.
As for Lo Celso, yeah to be fair we'd probably play him at midfield, just thought it's unfair to drop Winks given how well he's played, furthermore he has played at RW for Argentina. He's so talented he can threaten from anywhere on the pitch.
Also, we could lose Eriksen yes, but I have a feeling both Lucas and Alli will be better then last season. Alli could easily regain his confidence, while Lucas' hatrick vs Ajax has already given him the spark he needs.

Sorry, I don't see that happening. I hope so though, only one more day of waiting!

Reason why I think its a strong possibility is that Eriksen is offski so think we need 2 forwards/AMs to replace Eriksen and Llorente - we were caught out last season through injuries - and if that happens we will have sorted our forward/AM and even CM position out for the next year or two, so should be able to outscore most other teams. Then we look at defence next summer.

Back
Top Bottom