Jewish chronicle article on Spurs and the Y-Word

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you use the word Goyim?
No I don't.
I don't use the N word or the P word either.

Everyone can say what they want to justify their racism/antisemitism - but at the end of the day, that is what they are. The end.

Just say "I want to say the Y word more than I care about the feelings of those that are offended by it".

The question is easy - if you worked with a jewish person, would you call them the Y word in any other context. The answer is no. Because it is UNACCEPTABLE.

Say it, sing it, chant it - do what you fucking like - but just accept youre a racist.

You see, you're upset that your little racist chant may be taken away aren't you?
I do have a list of hate words - it's the same list that all non racists have.
Why don't we chant the N word - afterall, Tottenham is an area with lots of black people. They'll love the Spurs fans reclaiming the word on their behalf.
"du, du, du, dududududu N*******!"
Danny Rose and Ndombele will be so grateful as well. Davinson, Wanyama, KWP will all be crying tears of joy as we all empathise with them.

N***** Army!

Hopefully, this shows the stupidity of your racist arguments.

But as I say, people LIKE to say it, and they will continue to do so - because they are racist and don't care.
Stop talking you plum.

No I don't.

Everyone can say what they want to justify their racism/antisemitism - but at the end of the day, that is what they are. The end.

Just say "I want to say the Y word more than I care about the feelings of those that are offended by it".

The question is easy - if you worked with a jewish person, would you call them the Y word in any other context. The answer is no. Because it is UNACCEPTABLE.

Say it, sing it, chant it - do what you fucking like - but just accept youre a racist.

So, these lads are racist then ? Righto

It’s complicated when the other 8 fans all Jewish belted it out with such passion. In addition when this fella couldn’t make it to a game he would give his ticket to his brother, another Jew, who would proudly chant it.

No I don't.

Fuck off snowflake, seriously, I am mixed race myself - btw, I never really use yid, however i will defend to the death free speech.

I worked in cambodia for 9 months, and they kept calling me barang, should I have called my boss and told my fee fees were hurt? He would fire me on the spot :levylol:

Btw, I do not thnk you have a clue what racism is.

You see, you're upset that your little racist chant may be taken away aren't you?
Why don't we chant the N word - afterall, Tottenham is an area with lots of black people. They'll love the Spurs fans reclaiming the word on their behalf.
Danny Rose and Ndombele will be so grateful as well. Davinson, Wanyama, KWP will all be crying tears of joy as we all empathise with them.

N***** Army!

But as I say, people LIKE to say it, and they will continue to do so - because they are racist and don't care.
Try reading this:

Fuck off snowflake, seriously, I am mixed race myself - btw, I never really use yid, however i will defend to the death free speech.

I worked in cambodia for 9 months, and they kept calling me barang, should I have called my boss and told my fee fees were hurt? He would fire me on the spot :levylol:

Btw, I do not thnk you have a clue what racism is.
Sorry, you're right. I will be told by a non jew that chanting the Y word is fine.

You stupid fucking cunt

I say this because I was (old stadium ST) surrounded by Jewish fans, out of the approx 10 other ST’s in my immediate vicinity I and one other were non-Jews. Out of this group one of them didn’t like the term, so I respected that And I never used the word, why would I knowingly offend the lovely man who I sat next to?!

It’s complicated when the other 8 fans all Jewish belted it out with such passion. In addition when this fella couldn’t make it to a game he would give his ticket to his brother, another Jew, who would proudly chant it.

Just out of interest, the fella who didn't like it obviously said something to make you stop. When he said whatever he said, what was the reaction of the Jewish lads around him ? Did they say anything to him about it or just ignored him ?

I can’t remember a time in my life when I did not identify as a Spurs fan and yet I don’t remember one single occasion when I have said the “y” word. Certainly i’ve not used it inside a stadium / in a football setting. I’ve never sung it. Shouted it or had any such desire to appropriate the word to myself in any context.

The word made me uncomfortable when I young, and makes me uncomfortable now ( as I hit the magic 40’s )

The million dollar question is “why am I uncomfortable?”

I think it’s the same reason that the word or term “Paddy” makes me feel angry. I am from an Irish background and grew up in North / East London with far too many people thinking terms like “Paddy” were fun or friendly, a nod and a wink bit of banter along with an Irishman / Scotsman / Englishman joke.

The thing is, when you receive it, It can offend deeply. And when it hurts it creates problems, it did for me. I think that’s why i’ve tried to avoid the Y word.

That’s just my experience. I don’t feel it has any influence on how others feel, it’s just adding another point of view. I do understand that most people use the term on a surface level only without thinking too deeply.

N***** Army!

Fuck Off Gooner Cunt ................. do you understand that?

Sorry, perhaps I should explain - I don't give a fuck what you tell me to do.

Just accept what you are being told. be a man and admit you are wrong.
Fuck off mate.

I am not the one having a fit.

Wrong about being racist? Again mate, back track that paranoia and have a read up on what racism is.

I don’t believe for one second you have never used the word Goyim or called someone fat, or a pussy or whatever.

Not that I'm in favour, but if the club decided to go down the route of stopping "Yid" being used, then there are some red lines I'd be seeking from the club, police and Premier League as a whole:

1. These things take time. Make it a 5 year phased change with yr1 being awareness (asking people to stop, and why), y2 allowing stewards to actively encourage people to stop (gentle reminders), y3-4 official written warnings to fans who repeatedly refuse to stop using Yid, and from y5 the use of limited time membership suspensions as a last resort for repeat offenders.

2. That legal prosecution is brought against fans of clubs, whether home or away, who engage in antisemitic abuse (hissing etc). These people - not Spurs fans - are the real issue, and our gesture should be supported by equal measures to stamp out all forms of racism.

3. Written assurances from the Jewish community leaders (Board of Deputies, leading media outlets) that such changes will not lead to targeted campaigns against supporters for minor infringements of this agreement. This change should not be weaponized for political purposes.

Anyways, hopefully it will blow over again.

Back
Top Bottom