Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why the fuck would Eriksen go to Utd? Win trophies? Play in the Champions League? Because of the weather? Live in the pulsing metropolitan that is Manchester? I just can't think of a reason why he would join them.
There’s 200,000 reasons why he would want to join them.
I don’t post much (lurking is my thing) nor am I Levy’s biggest fan, but in Eriksens case, I fully support Levy in trying to cash out now rather than lose him on a free next season. United will buy a baller regardless if Eriksen joins them or not. So we may as well supply the baller who has one year left, no intention of signing a new contract and has fallen out of love with our club. AS LONG AS WE GET GLC AND FERNANDES.
Sadly, I can see the former happening but not the latter. To Dare is to Net Spend, as they say in the Bahamas.

When I think about the whole Sessengon thing I can’t help but wonder how it’s an upgrade on what we already have with Rose or even Davies. He had 1 excellent season in the championship and then did sweet FA in the prem. looks lightweight to me as well...whole thing is a little underwhelming...#justsaying 🤷🏻‍♂️

Poch will get him up and running and make sure he’s the best he can be

A bit off topic, but I was thinking that United wage bill isn’t that stupid as it might seem:

If they miss out on CL, their wage bill drops by 25% (75m less costs), which could even be bigger than the loss in revenue going from CL to EL.

I know sponsorship contracts will have clauses too, but I expect the net loss from missing out CL to be smaller than expected.

Where did I say I was unhappy?
I listed facts. Not opinions. I didn't say any of them made me happy or sad.

What has our "world class training facility" got us so far? Fuck all.
The stadium has taken 20 years to deliver. It's incredible but how much of it was necessary? It could have been delivered 10 years sooner if he didn't keep changing the plans. We could have been seeing the benefit of if for years, but we've got it just at the point where it could all go tits up now.
Eriksen was signed with Bale money.
Dele, VDV and Toby were all oportunistic buys.
Tell me a time when Levy has really broken the bank and backed a manager.
So far this window we have Ndombele. No one knows how much actually cost, but lets be generous and say £60m
We've sold Trippier and Jansen for £30m
We still might sell Eriksen, Alderwiereld and Rose.
Lets see how much Levy has spent by the time all the windows are shut.

Nope. Just pointing out facts. There's no meltdown. Just not living in the clouds like others.

Hoddle that got sacked by England for being a batshit mental nut job?
Seems like a totally rational appointment. Turned out exactly that way when he started lording it up with all our players and alienated the squad.
I didn't want Jol sacked for a bloke from Spain who didn't speak a word of English. It was well known the set up at Saville was more about the director of football and scouts. Ramos just picked the team on a Saturday. He was TERRIBLE.
AVB was sacked after half a season of ridicule at Chelsea.

Literally all of Levy's first choices have been dismal. Fuck knows what he asks them in his interviews. It's the fall back options that succeeded.

Pretty much, year. Every time he tried to be creative, he got it wrong. Jol and Redknapp, our only 2 decent managers prior to Poch were emergency appointments. And he sacked both to replace them with utter pillocks.

I can't help it if some people want to wander through life pretending the world is fun.

If you believe we're signing anyone before Thursday without players leaving, I think you might need help

You seriously "have no idea" why you were booted off another forum?

When I think about the whole Sessengon thing I can’t help but wonder how it’s an upgrade on what we already have with Rose or even Davies. He had 1 excellent season in the championship and then did sweet FA in the prem. looks lightweight to me as well...whole thing is a little underwhelming...#justsaying 🤷🏻‍♂️

He will be far more potent as an attacking wing back - Davies just can't get forward and Rose's crossing/decision making is pretty poor

37cu93.jpg

Whilst it would be painful, selling Eriksen to United would be better than him leaving on a free and potentially signing for them next year instead whilst giving us half-arsed performances in the mean time.

But we should only be selling him if we have Lo Celso and Fernandes tied up at the same time. Simple as that.
welcome back mate

Yep....so much for his 'seeking a fresh challenge' statement if he does go. Would then turn out not to be an ambition issue at all....purely mercenary.
Yes originally I wanted him to stay with the club adding maybe one other but now after seeing the last couple of game's admittedly friendlies I want him gone now I suppose that is the wrong attitude but he seems not interested.

Back
Top Bottom