Inter Milan H Sun 4 Aug 15:00 BST

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The guy next to me today was hilarious - he was livid with the ref's lack of bookings, our crap short-corners, and GKN.

I fear for his health come the Villa as to get that worked up over a friendly...

The guy next to me today was hilarious - he was livid with the ref's lack of bookings, our crap short-corners, and GKN.

I fear for his health come the Villa as to get that worked up over a friendly...
The woman next to me was hilarious too. She moaned at me for the entire game about how the old guy on the other side of her had really garlicky-smelling armpits. He then proceeded to remove his shoes, take off his socks and wipe his sweaty face with them hahahahahaha.

The woman in question was my daughter lol - she got the worst seat - I was on the end of the row :)

If only Sissoko didn't have two left feet.
I've not seen anything of the game, but from what I am reading on here I fear it is going to be a very long season. I really hope I am wrong, but I can't see any positive improvement on last season team. Where are our much needed and promised new signings? We need about 4. . There won't be enough time to bed in any new signings, the season starts next week and Villa will be well up for it. I don't want our first game to be a defeat to a newly promoted team. I think there is total disarray behind the scenes but I hope I am completely wrong. I hate being negative, but we do have beer glasses that fill up from the bottom and I wouldn't be surprised if Prince William gets a ticket

This new goal kick rule...
We seem to think it's obligatory to take the kick short, which to my mind is really daft. Attacking players just rush at us, creating all sorts of pressure and kerfuffle in the box. It's only a matter of time before a goal will be conceded.
On one occasion today, we fannied about with the ball in the box, then tried to pass it out, but it went straight to one of their players and they were on us like a rash.
On other occasions, Loris took the kick short, the receiving player was forced to return it to Loris, who proceeded to lump it blindly upfield. Why the hell didn't he just take a proper goal kick, hopefully towards one of our team?

Strategies for this new rule need to be thought through a bit more carefully than they have been so far.

I could be totally wrong with this observation, but interested to see what others think.

Anyone else get an impression that Poch could be losing a small bit of interest? Not only this game, but in pretty much all pre season games on the line to me he has just looked almost like he couldn't really give a shit. Just really subdued.

Coupled with his very prickly pressers etc and it really is hard to shake the feeling this is very probably his last season with us.
Well I lost a lot of interest in that match. The second half was so boring that I went for a piss just as something to do. Poch is fine.

Feel bad for N'koudou - I feel he has more to give. I was at the game and saw him looking a bit dejected being made to warm up on the sidelines with the academy team. He looked a bit lonely and lost. We should try and get behind him a bit more, I felt like a lot of the fans near me didn't even know who this dude was.
I honestly feel he has nothing more to give and is a poor player. The sooner we can get rid of him the better. I'd rather give some academy kid a chance.

Tedious and dull but aren’t most friendlies?

Players don’t want to get injured. Some are still a week away from full fitness etc. It did provide an opportunity to see what the team have been working on in training and the like.

Looked like they started 4-3-3 and then tried several other shapes and formations out. Nothing innovative or even threatening was attempted from set pieces.

As alluded to above, this new goal kick rule is gonna provide a lot of comedy/mishaps/rage. If anything Hugo’s distribution has worsened over time. So this short pass out of the six yard box will be our go-to tactic....almost fucked it up a few times today against players who weren’t really trying...

Players:

Winks has emerged as the main man. All of our attacks start with him. The ball is recycled through him too. Hope he stays fit.
NDombele will give us something extra - unexpected trick, burst of pace, more shots. All seems good. Might have to be prepared for the odd lapse...
KWP looked ok most of the time (couple of times he got caught in the wrong position).
Danny and Kane looked tired
Lucas and Lamela looked busy
Erikssen looked like he didn’t give a fuck
Couldn’t see Poch from where I was sat.

I’m not doom-mungering yet but I’m not convinced we will improve much on last year...

And my final gripe is that the PA generally is too loud. Why does it have to be necessary to shout at your companion, just to be heard?
YES. It's way too loud. Even my old man - who I swear is fucking deaf at the best of times! - complained about it. The constant pre kick-off crap music really pisses me off - it should be muted 10 mins before to allow a bit of atmosphere to build and away fan batter.

Couldn’t see Poch from where I was sat.

I only saw Pochettino get up once in the technical area. Conte was there the whole time screaming, complete contrast in styles

Most exciting thing for anyone who saw or heard it was my bottle of (red) smoothie exploding when I opened it outside on Park Lane all over my white shirt.
Had a navy tshirt on underneath so could take it off but freaked the security out when she saw it in my hand on the way in and had to explain it wasn't blood...

YES. It's way too loud. Even my old man - who I swear is fucking deaf at the best of times! - complained about it. The constant pre kick-off crap music really pisses me off - it should be muted 10 mins before to allow a bit of atmosphere to build and away fan batter.
It's like being at the nightmare pop concert you'd never pay to go to and there's no escape from it, whichever way you turn.
As usual, it's about these nerd DJ's who control sound systems having the mistaken belief that everyone wants to listen to their crap.
How does one complain effectively to the powers that be?

ps - your old man didn't take his socks off and wipe his face with them, did he?

That's correct. All the ICC games this year have advertised themselves as 3pm but are actualy 3.06PM, or 8pm but actually 8.06pm etc, so that TV viewers tune in for 3pm and get inaundated with adverts before the game.
Really? We decided yesterday it was because my mate Pat was going and his time keeping is atrocious...
He definitely has an Irish clock that one.

Back
Top Bottom