Inter Milan H Sun 4 Aug 15:00 BST

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just got back, we started really well, especially H, Lamela and Lucas, but fizzled out. Second half it really had the typical feel of a friendly, with both sides pulling out of tackles etc. A decent attendance but surely was not actually the 58,000 they said? Lots of people bringing their kids for the first time etc. Didn't see many people I knew or recognised. Inter had about 20 ultras who gave good support.
There were no spare seats except in the away end and those posh heated ones, so it was def 58,000.

There were no spare seats except in the away end and those posh heated ones, so it was def 58,000.
There were no areas left completely empty, but there seemed to be lots of little gaps here and there throughout the South and North Stands, so maybe people who didn't turn up? But as I understand we usually count the actual number through the gate not the tickets sold, as the scum do. So maybe it was right and there were just 2,000 little gaps here and there, I just thought it looked like more...I hope we ain't gone and copied the goons with their embarrassing reading of attendances.

What Inter have you seen? Juventus is favored in Serie A but Inter di Conte (and especially Ancelotti's Napoli) will be a bad customer ...

Looked pretty familiar from last season overall. I was impressed with Stefano Sensi and Politano as good individual players. Nico Barella was good too but seemed to have picked up a knock at the end. No idea where Icardi was but can expect Juve to easily win the title again next season...

Looked pretty familiar from last season overall. I was impressed with Stefano Sensi and Politano as good individual players. Nico Barella was good too but seemed to have picked up a knock at the end. No idea where Icardi was but can expect Juve to easily win the title again next season...

Icardi is off the team: Conte did not appreciate his behavior and put him out of the way (even Nainggolan, sold to Cagliari). Barella is very good. Di Sensi is said to be a new Verratti.

There were no areas left completely empty, but there seemed to be lots of little gaps here and there throughout the South and North Stands, so maybe people who didn't turn up? But as I understand we usually count the actual number through the gate not the tickets sold, as the scum do. So maybe it was right and there were just 2,000 little gaps here and there, I just thought it looked like more...I hope we ain't gone and copied the goons with their embarrassing reading of attendances.
I noticed that most of the posh seats were empty.

Well, I only missed the first five minutes of the game, just missing Moura's goal. The stadium is bigger than I imagined it. Yep, our new home is really pukka. The only thing I do not like is the digital wraparounds.
Anyway, all our youngsters look good and I was actually impressed with Nkoudu. He seems to have bulked up a bit and looks quite capable now. No need to flog him for peanuts. Harvey White looked really comfortable out there today. I like him.

It looked full apart from those expensive seats but zero atmosphere. The game was boring too & we allowed inter to grow into it. Eriksen was dreadful & tackles like an 8 year old. Stadium is fantastic tho & hopefully Saturday they'll show a different energy to today.

It looked full apart from those expensive seats but zero atmosphere. The game was boring too & we allowed inter to grow into it. Eriksen was dreadful & tackles like an 8 year old. Stadium is fantastic tho & hopefully Saturday they'll show a different energy to today.
😂 Eriksen tackles like he's playing a pre-season friendly when it's the CL final. His tackling today was notable by its absence. (Still hope he stays and knuckles down though.)

I could be totally wrong with this observation, but interested to see what others think.

Anyone else get an impression that Poch could be losing a small bit of interest? Not only this game, but in pretty much all pre season games on the line to me he has just looked almost like he couldn't really give a shit. Just really subdued.

Coupled with his very prickly pressers etc and it really is hard to shake the feeling this is very probably his last season with us.
Poch out because he didn't get angry about drawing with Inter in a friendly. Get a grip fella.

Feel bad for N'koudou - I feel he has more to give. I was at the game and saw him looking a bit dejected being made to warm up on the sidelines with the academy team. He looked a bit lonely and lost. We should try and get behind him a bit more, I felt like a lot of the fans near me didn't even know who this dude was.

My wedding anniversary today and booked lunch ages ago in a really nice Hotel in Dublin. Didn't realise the date clash at all 😔. Anyway I've asked the wife to Whatsapp me and let me know what the food was like :thumbup:
:coys:

Haha

You wouldn’t dare and neither would I

KWP had a good game. Parrot didn't really get long enough tbh. The Inter defenders seemed to succeed in winding him up, though his temperament could be to his benefit if channelled in the right way.
Agree. He and Rose were both good, but KWP saw more of the ball and showed some lovely skills. Lamela ran around like a headless chicken, but at least he tried. Ndombele showed some excellent touches & tricks. Lucas tried hard. The kids all tried quite hard in the 2nd half, but overall the whole team lacked the incisive punch in the final third.
Things need to change drastically next Saturday, when it counts. I think they will.

Back
Top Bottom