Inter Milan H Sun 4 Aug 15:00 BST

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I could be totally wrong with this observation, but interested to see what others think.

Anyone else get an impression that Poch could be losing a small bit of interest? Not only this game, but in pretty much all pre season games on the line to me he has just looked almost like he couldn't really give a shit. Just really subdued.

Coupled with his very prickly pressers etc and it really is hard to shake the feeling this is very probably his last season with us.
He probably just doesn’t care about the results. Pre season is all about match fitness and trying tactics out

I could be totally wrong with this observation, but interested to see what others think.

Anyone else get an impression that Poch could be losing a small bit of interest? Not only this game, but in pretty much all pre season games on the line to me he has just looked almost like he couldn't really give a shit. Just really subdued.

Coupled with his very prickly pressers etc and it really is hard to shake the feeling this is very probably his last season with us.
Yeah, did you not see him holding up the "Will work for food" sign?

I stand corrected, you're right, it's more about providing that lotion for the negativity circle jerk that many people thrive on.

Christ, it's a fucking pre-season game where the primary goal is to get players fit, test out some formations or strategies, give the kids a chance to shine and show their mettle and not pick up any serious injuries.

We lost. Whoop-de-fucking-doo.

Let's see how we play and perform when it matters before the sky starts falling, can we?
Hang on. What negative circle jerk?

If that’s the case, and I say this as someone who loves the fella, he should just fuck off. I’m getting more than a bit bored of this narrative that Poch is *owed* something by us. He gets a fabulous wage and is given realistic targets.

If it’s such a chore managing us then enjoy the wonders of Real when he gets sacked after 8 months for not delivering the moon on a stick.

Last edited:
Well, that was one of the dullest games I've seen in a long time. Scoring after only 2 minutes I thought we might be in for a treat - How wrong can you be? The heat & humidity were quite oppressive, but that's scant excuse for thelacklustre performance. I'm afraid the personnel looked like they were just continuing their league form from the end of last season.

And even the 25 Inter fans were louder than us.

Still, lunch at the Turkish cafe was wonderful and I took a lift up to the Dispensary bar on the 5th floor. Very nice, but sadly the PA was so loud it was unbearable. Luckily the 1882 bar was open. It had seats, a nice view of the ground and it was quiet.

And my final gripe is that the PA generally is too loud. Why does it have to be necessary to shout at your companion, just to be heard?

Preseason games mean fuck all. It's a run about. The results mean nothing.

Just got back, we started really well, especially H, Lamela and Lucas, but fizzled out. Second half it really had the typical feel of a friendly, with both sides pulling out of tackles etc. A decent attendance but surely was not actually the 58,000 they said? Lots of people bringing their kids for the first time etc. Didn't see many people I knew or recognised. Inter had about 20 ultras who gave good support.

If that’s the case, and I say this as someone who loves the fella, he should just fuck off. I’m getting more than a bit bored of this narrative that Poch is *owed* something by us. He gets a fabulous wage and is given realistic targets.

If it’s such a chore managing us then enjoy the wonders of Real when he gets sacked after 8 months for not delivering the moon on a stick.
61ENSFh%2BMFL._SY679_.jpg

Back
Top Bottom