Audi Cup 2019

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How did Foyth and KWP play to people who watched the game? Can we expect either of those to be our starting right back our will it be more likely Aurier is first choice when he is fit?
I watched the first half in the pub, Foyth made a couple of rickets and lucky to get away with them. Did OK otherwise. I'm not convinced about him there.

I saw about 5 minutes of the 2nd on my phone waiting for the rain to stop and the cricket to begin. KWP only one thing in that time - a fantastic through ball to Dele which should have led to a pen.

Like many people here, I've seen every first team game Oli Skipp has played. I cannot recall him doing one wrong thing in any game. While I accept that Winks created a similar buzz when he arrived in the first team, I can't see how Skipp is 'not as good as Winks just yet'. His control is good, his passing is good, his vision is good, his defensive play is good, his tackling is solid, etc. Up to this point the lad's done nothing but good in the team.
Sorry to disagree but he had a mare against Leicester last season.

As a result of our injuries he found himself out on the left of midfield. He was anonymous as well as terrible (if that's possible!)

Last night he looked good, but this is pre-season and is almost meaningless.

Winks will start against Villa but we should all have high hopes for Skipp.

Sorry to disagree but he had a mare against Leicester last season.

As a result of our injuries he found himself out on the left of midfield. He was anonymous as well as terrible (if that's possible!)

Last night he looked good, but this is pre-season and is almost meaningless.

Winks will start against Villa but we should all have high hopes for Skipp.
Did I forget to mention my selective memory problem?

BTW where is (was) Dier?

Didn't get a run-out in Singapore (as I remember) or last night.

Surely not injured?
Yup - so they say. Small knee operation, or something? I never noticed his knees weren't normal size tbh.*

Edit - probably why he has trouble running.

Walker-Petersou?

I think he's Cypriot, but he shouldn't be playing LB. He showed just from that cross that he has an end product and would be better used at LM.
Think he's only filling in there because Davies is injured and Rose wasn't involved before yesterday.

Words fail me!

Why is his having an operation on his small knees ten days before the season starts? Surely 2 June would have been better.
I might be getting someone elses knees muddled up with Dier's groin. Anyway - he's recovering from a small procedure.

Walker-Petersou?

I think he's Cypriot, but he shouldn't be playing LB. He showed just from that cross that he has an end product and would be better used at LM.

We don't play with a traditional LM. Think it's good for our fullbacks to have an end product, as against 90% of the sides, they are pushed right up and overlapping the wide players up front.

Back
Top Bottom