Kieran Trippier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I hope they intend to replace him, if so fair enough. I think 21million is a little cheap imo. I don't believe kwp will ever be good enough and aurier is ok back up but nothing more. Surely they wouldn't sell our first choice right back cheaply and not replace him...Would they ?

@Sky:

Kieran Trippier has revealed "behind the scenes" issues caused him to leave Tottenham for Atletico Madrid.

Probably referring to the abuse he got from many fans just for being one of our many good players who had a poor season. I imagine he preferred to leave and go to a club where the fans would be excited by his presence rather than have to prove himself all over again to our legions of fickle idiots.

Probably referring to the abuse he got from many fans just for being one of our many good players who had a poor season. I imagine he preferred to leave and go to a club where the fans would be excited by his presence rather than have to prove himself all over again to our legions of fickle idiots.
Well, you can fuck off

Same lot are now saying KWP and Sessegnon are good enough to play full backs. What a joke.

He never proved himself good enough, was shit since he arrived and showed no signs he was ever going to improve. People say he had an amazing World Cup, when in reality all he did was put in some good corners and score a free kick, from open play he did nothing and he came up against not a single oppo winger with anything about him.

Same lot are now saying KWP and Sessegnon are good enough to play full backs. What a joke.

They may or may not be, who would have thought that nobodies like Robertson and Alexander-Arnold would become two of the best full backs in Europe? Players with talent will always succeed with Pochettino if they are ready to work hard.

What annoys me is the idea that Trippier is some scrub who belongs in the Championship. Just because he was a cheap signing from Burnley doesn’t make him shit. Overall he was a very good player for us over 4 years and had an exceptional World Cup, to join Atletico and have interest from Juve, Napoli, Bayern etc says everything. He didn’t deserve the pure hatred he got from many fans last season, all our defenders were shite yet because he’s an English lad with a daft barnet he got dogs abuse. If he was some Belgian who’d cost us £40m people would be falling over themselves to make excuses for him. I’m not surprised he wanted to leave.

5 minutes out the door and he's already throwing Poch and the club under the bus. Never rated him as a player but always thought he was a decent bloke, but this is just a low blow really.
FYI Kieran, you were shit last season and have been a bang average player for the majority of your time here, apart from one purple patch at the end of 16/17. And now he's talking like he's some big shot. Good riddance.

Back
Top Bottom