Spurs vs Man Utd. ICC, 25/7/19, KO 12:30pm BST. Shanghai

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He is just offering his opinion about two Spurs players. There will be votes on both votes.
There is no such thing as English Kane fan boys. Saying Son is better shouldn't create something of that effect too.
Anyway , am just so happy we have another player that can be compared to Kane
It is this constant disrespect towards Kane from a certain section of our 'fans'. I must say, I am getting fucking sick of it. It is not normal to constantly compare two of your own players in such a way. It reminds me of dippers or Leicester constantly shouting about how much better Salah or Vardy are compared to Kane. Almost as if they aren't...

It is this constant disrespect towards Kane from a certain section of our 'fans'. I must say, I am getting fucking sick of it. It is not normal to constantly compare two of your own players in such a way. It reminds me of dippers or Leicester constantly shouting about how much better Salah or Vardy are compared to Kane. Almost as if they aren't...

Son v Kane is the new Son v Lamela... It's bullshit and serves no genuine purpose but for building up barriers to SUPPORTING all our players and the respective qualities they bring in their own right.

Fuck fanboyism.... Esp. when it's at the unnecessary 'expense' of another of our lads; used as a mechanism to denigrate others.... Afterall, a player's strengths (and weaknesses) should stand by/for themselves.

p.s. Sissoko haters claiming he maliciously stood on that utd player yesterday... Bollocks, the kid had hold of Moussa's leg as he tried to pull away. Tough shit.

Never. Who would we replace him with?

Ricardo Pereira or Nelson Semedo. If they aren't obtainable I'd like the younger version, Yan Valery. Even though he's French, he's been at Southampton long enough to count as HG.

If we can't get our top targets now, I would like Trippier's "twin", James Tavernier, to fill the void, and he might be available for £10m. At 27 he may still have some re-sell value in a years time or two, while we monitor the next big thing: e.g. Max Aarons, Yan Valery, Jayden Bogle, Dujon Sterling, Kayne Ramsay etc.

I really don't see the reason in HIGH PROFILE pre-season friendlies...

If we don't take them seriously and lose, we're out of the title race already... and if we DO take them seriously, (like today) then we have to issue apologies to the opposition for taking them seriously!

I mean WTF? "Sorry Man Utd, for going in hard on your precious little darlings who I assume you wanted to get match fit in order to beat us next season..."

SOWEEEEEEEEEE!

gimme Stevenage away any day!
Leyton Orient down Brisbane Road on a summery Wednesday early evening, days to die for

If Moussa didn’t intentionally step on him I’d be disappointed, let the little fucking prima donas realise you’ll not just roll us over when the real business kicks in.

I’m not advocating violence but I am. The apology makes it even better Poch letting them know to stock up on iodine and bandages it’s not going to get any easier

Son v Kane is the new Son v Lamela... It's bullshit and serves no genuine purpose but for building up barriers to SUPPORTING all our players and the respective qualities they bring in their own right.

Fuck fanboyism.... Esp. when it's at the unnecessary 'expense' of another of our lads; used as a mechanism to denigrate others.... Afterall, a player's strengths (and weaknesses) should stand by/for themselves.

p.s. Sissoko haters claiming he maliciously stood on that utd player yesterday... Bollocks, the kid had hold of Moussa's leg as he tried to pull away. Tough shit.
Keane vs Defoe ran for years, maybe this one will as well.

Keane vs Defoe ran for years, maybe this one will as well.

Thankfully, i wasn't such a forum dweller back then (esp. not footy stuff)... Pre-twitter etc it can't have been as bad tho.... Every cunt's a tactical and scouting 'expert' these days. :pochunimpressed:

I watched the game back last night there were some late challenges and some deliberately late (stopping player progress once past an oppo press) on BOTH sides last night. That it was a pre-season friendly they might have been deemed a tad aggressive as no one wants to lose a player in pre-season. But I'd say of the two sides Man U's challenges were far more aggressive/potentially dangerous than anything we did. That high tackle on Kane in the 2nd half should have been a straight red card! (FWIW - I don't think Sissoko's stamp was deliberate, where else do you put your foot when the player in lying underneath you, and trying to grab his foot to prevent him from progressing?).

Anyway, all that seems to be written up about the game is Poch apologising. I like OGS's response as I think it is appropriate and reflects how it was and should be played.

If Moussa didn’t intentionally step on him I’d be disappointed, let the little fucking prima donas realise you’ll not just roll us over when the real business kicks in.

I’m not advocating violence but I am. The apology makes it even better Poch letting them know to stock up on iodine and bandages it’s not going to get any easier

With VAR and this attitude, we'll end up with 9 players on the pitch.

Everyone needs to tread very gently (pun intended) until the officials come to terms with VAR.

I'm afraid the 'over the top tackle', 'leaving your foot in', deliberate elbow in the face under the guise "I was challenging for ball", and a 'little bit of afters' have been consigned to history.

You don't appear to be refering to the alleged 'stamp' i posted about.....
Apologies if I wasn't.

I was referring to the stamp on the ex-Swansea lad in the corner. It will get him sent off with VAR.

I also noticed that the 'windmill-impersonation' that he was so fond of in the CL final was absent yesterday.

Apologies if I wasn't.

I was referring to the stamp on the ex-Swansea lad in the corner. It will get him sent off with VAR.

So you're choosing to overlook the fact that the kid had hold of Sissoko's foot with his hands?

Why?

...Where else was Sissoko's foot gonna land?

So you're choosing to overlook the fact that the kid had hold of Sissoko's foot with his hands?

Why?

...Where else was Sissoko's foot gonna land?

He trod on his body as he moved away after the ball.

OK his feet have to be somewhere, but don't put it on the opposition's body.

5WksA34.jpg

Scenario with VAR this season,

1 Cue much rolling around,
2 Refer to VAR,
3 Red card for violent play.

Back
Top Bottom