Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I get the impression that others watch more of Poch's press conf's than I do. Can anyone recall EVER saying anything other than I don't comment on rumours, because the player belongs to another club?

I get that saying we don't want him, would rub salt in the wound, but why would Poch start rolling that out from nowhere in the first place. So if we're not interested he could have rolled out the standard response.

His comment, mentioning US as an option for Bale's destination, suggests to me that we are in for him, and he feels free to effectively say so, because yes he does belong to another club, but their manager has made it abundantly clear that he doesn't want Bale to belong to his club anymore. Again, if not, he would have pleaded the 5th by doing his standard comment.
Makes sense but let’s be honest.... Poch says some weird stuff

bet365 have us at 16/1. I don't do betting - is that good odds?

Betfair Exchange has us at 20/1 - which would be about 19/1 after their 5% commission - so that would be a better place to go for starters (haven't checked other bookies).

Also mention it because the exchange is a better reflection of the market's, ie. the betting public's, perception of titles chances. 20/1 reflects that we have 5% chance of winning the title. Better chance than that - by a wider margin than the 5% commission, or the 20% juice, you're paying for the pleasure of using Bet365!!! - and you'll have a good odds, or value if you will.

It's damn near impossible to assess long shots like that. Are we 2, 5, 8, 10% for the title? Who knows? Look at it "top down" instead.

City are 3/5-ish, reflecting 62.5% chance. Do they have a smaller chance than that? If no, that's were the value is and highly unlikely there's any elsewhere. If yes, then look at Pool, who are 11/4, a 26.67% chance. Smaller chance than that for them? If yes, the value is elsewhere still. And like I said smaller percentages are harder to put a true value, so it's more about gut feeling at that point, as to where the value is.

Personally I feel, City are well short of where they should be, Pool about right, so yeah we're value, as best as I can stay neutral on this one. 16/1 is borderline, 19/1 is good.

Yeah, I'm bored :pritchardeyes: (and was looking at the market anyway after our match and waiting for Pool to play).

Last edited:
People can argue if Kane or Bale are the better player until the cows come home.

But Harry Kane does and will by the end of his career mean more for this football club than Gareth Bale does, has and most likely ever will.
Quite a different argument and indisputable.

Yes. The selfish bastard. He hates Spurs. He has only one thought in mind - his own personal glory, the selfish git. Jeopardizing the team every time he walks on the pitch.
Let's just watch the git jeopardizing our team 36 times last season, the bastard:

Yes selfish to the point that it affects the team thats my opinion and you only need to look at the champions league final. I think he is good but obviously not as good as most of you. I won't go wank over him. Let me know when he wins us a trophy ok

Yes selfish to the point that it affects the team thats my opinion and you only need to look at the champions league final. I think he is good but obviously not as good as most of you. I won't go wank over him. Let me know when he wins us a trophy ok
BUT WHAT ABOUT THE FUCKING BURGER FIGHT?

Why did you fight over a fucking burger?

Makes sense but let’s be honest.... Poch says some weird stuff

He very much does. Still though, as I said, how often does he say weird stuff about incomings? It always seems standard response and party line stuff, not weird in those spots.

When he does say weird stuff about his own future, the club, or whatever, then as much as it comes off as weird, out of place, and near impossible to interpret, I always get the impression that it's considered and he has an agenda with everything, he says. So what the agenda here? :pochserious:

Back
Top Bottom