Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I agree that he failed to show the “galactico” character in the final, but none of our other players showed up either. I think that he is not that type of player, he is not someone who will win you a game on his own. He has never been like Hazard or Bale. That’s probably why mega clubs are not busting a gut to sign him, for the fee we are asking for he doesn’t represent a guarantee of success, why would Real/Juve spend £80m on him when they already have Kroos, Modric, Isco, Ramsey, Pjanic etc?

I think Tottenham at this moment is the correct level for a player like him. A player with excellent quality but maybe not the most gritty character.
Isn't it at times when the rest of the team 'don't turn up' that you need someone of his calibre to produce a masterclass and galvanise the side into action ??. God knows Bale did it a few times for us.....woke the crowd and the rest of his team mates up with some scintillating stuff.
He does have a tendency to just drift out of the game if our play starts to look a bit staid and stale. I'd much prefer him to try and grab the match by the scruff of the neck with a "Fuck this for a game of soldiers" attitude and try to show an example to our other sometimes lackadaisical squad members. He's good enough to do just that and I find it extremely frustrating when he decides not to bother.

Isn't it at times when the rest of the team 'don't turn up' that you need someone of his calibre to produce a masterclass and galvanise the side into action ??. God knows Bale did it a few times for us.....woke the crowd and the rest of his team mates up with some scintillating stuff.
If Eriksen could play like Bale in his prime, he would not even be here for us to discuss.

lion
@epllion

·
52m

BREAKING: ERIKSEN SIGNED A NEW 3 YEAR DEAL WITH RELEASE CLAUSE
If true that's fantastic news. A lot of us put his poor form at times to possible contract issues so if he has signed he needs to be 100% focused and dedicated to our club.

Really hope this doesn't effect any possible Lo Celso move as we need cover and a player to challenge Eriksen for his place. I think he needs it also.

I agree that he failed to show the “galactico” character in the final, but none of our other players showed up either. I think that he is not that type of player, he is not someone who will win you a game on his own. He has never been like Hazard or Bale. That’s probably why mega clubs are not busting a gut to sign him, for the fee we are asking for he doesn’t represent a guarantee of success, why would Real/Juve spend £80m on him when they already have Kroos, Modric, Isco, Ramsey, Pjanic etc?

I think Tottenham at this moment is the correct level for a player like him. A player with excellent quality but maybe not the most gritty character.

Agree. But i don't think its down to him not being good enough. He's just not that type of player. In personality or playing style.

Eriksen rarely wins games "directly". But he is easily in the top ten outfield players in the PL imo. Imagine a player that technically proficient who also consistently outruns 90% of the league. Also, watch us play without him in the squad. Turgid springs to mind.

The world may have moved on gradually in their understanding of modern football to be able to appreciate the importance of players who don't necessarily fill highlight reels. It took Modric nine odd years of being the most important midfielder in the best team in the world to win the balloon door.

But there is still a requirement for commercial value in any £100m+ transfer. You have to have a good chance of being on the next Fifa cover to command that sort of fee. Its why i've always thought that Alli would have been the one to have smelled us later out of our top tier players by now.

Eriksen doesn't really have that. The "proper football" bunch may think that he's not been snapped up because of his inability to beat the first man on low percentage set pieces. Like he isn't clinical enough to put the ball in the box if he where told too tactically.

But i think during this window, we have been lucky that there isn't really a suitor for him prepared to double his wages for what they get back in "brand value".

Back in the day there where a whole host of CL teams that could be considered a step up. We where also prepared to sell to other PL teams. Nowadays, how many teams will genuinely be a step up on what we can offer. Wages aside.

Even then, if Eriksen wants to double his wages there are still only 4 or 5 clubs that can do it right now at the level he'll require.

If true that's fantastic news. A lot of us put his poor form at times to possible contract issues so if he has signed he needs to be 100% focused and dedicated to our club.

Really hope this doesn't effect any possible Lo Celso move as we need cover and a player to challenge Eriksen for his place. I think he needs it also.
They were going to announce it but they can’t find the correct table and sweater for Poch.

Agree. But i don't think its down to him not being good enough. He's just not that type of player. In personality or playing style.

Eriksen rarely wins games "directly". But he is easily in the top ten outfield players in the PL imo. Imagine a player that technically proficient who also consistently outruns 90% of the league. Also, watch us play without him in the squad. Turgid springs to mind.

The world may have moved on gradually in their understanding of modern football to be able to appreciate the importance of players who don't necessarily fill highlight reels. It took Modric nine odd years of being the most important midfielder in the best team in the world to win the balloon door.

But there is still a requirement for commercial value in any £100m+ transfer. You have to have a good chance of being on the next Fifa cover to command that sort of fee. Its why i've always thought that Alli would have been the one to have smelled us later out of our top tier players by now.

Eriksen doesn't really have that. The "proper football" bunch may think that he's not been snapped up because of his inability to beat the first man on low percentage set pieces. Like he isn't clinical enough to put the ball in the box if he where told too tactically.

But i think during this window, we have been lucky that there isn't really a suitor for him prepared to double his wages for what they get back in "brand value".

Back in the day there where a whole host of CL teams that could be considered a step up. We where also prepared to sell to other PL teams. Nowadays, how many teams will genuinely be a step up on what we can offer. Wages aside.

Even then, if Eriksen wants to double his wages there are still only 4 or 5 clubs that can do it right now at the level he'll require.
Pay the Nordic and indifferent prick

Isn't it at times when the rest of the team 'don't turn up' that you need someone of his calibre to produce a masterclass and galvanise the side into action ??.

NAIL ON HEAD

I find I’d mind boggling that people don’t realise this. Aparrently the world class Eriksen needs the “Champo” players around him to make everything easy for him.

Apparently we will suffer more if Dier has an off day than if Eriksen has one (or 20).

The absurdity that people will chat in order to defend their favorite players is never ending.

with Eriksen he can see the killer pass easily/quickly feel the only other one that can see the pass is Kane (when he's not on for a shot), then the next would be Toby, with the rest they either pass simple or take their time looking for the best pass by that time its gone

NAIL ON HEAD

I find I’d mind boggling that people don’t realise this. Aparrently the world class Eriksen needs the “Champo” players around him to make everything easy for him.

Apparently we will suffer more if Dier has an off day than if Eriksen has one (or 20).

The absurdity that people will chat in order to defend their favorite players is never ending.

Yeah, it's really absurd how some people will just repeat the same nonsense over and over again. I see you've been busy in this thread.

Yeah, it's really absurd how some people will just repeat the same nonsense over and over again. I see you've been busy in this thread.

I’m repeating my opinions on the never ending debate on Eriksen in the Eriksen thread.

Others are repeating their opinions on how many times I say what I think about Eriksen.
Each to their own.

Funny how no one would care how many times I posted if I was sucking him off though eh

I don’t really remember individual games for any of our players, save Moura in the CL semi.

But I absolutely remember there have been plenty of occasions where after a Spurs match, I’ve thought “Eriksen was great today.”

This revisionist history that Eriksen hasn’t been one of the best players on our team the last 6 years is absurd. And it all comes down to fans having their feelings hurt by him saying he’d like another challenge. Quite pathetic really.

But the rest of our players bar Kane haven’t been labeled as irreplaceable and the best and most productive midfielder in Europe.

I find it odd that Eriksen is supposedly so superior to everyone else yet then everyone wants to compare him to Dier and Moura.

Why shouldn’t I expect him to stick out in games if all this hysteria is true?
Winks stuck out. Son stuck out. Sissoko stuck out.....but not Eriksen

Also the revisionism that keeps banging on about the past.
Who said anything about the last 6 years?

I’ve slagged him for last season. What’s 2014 got to do with anything?

I’m repeating my opinions on the never ending debate on Eriksen in the Eriksen thread.

Others are repeating their opinions on how many times I say what I think about Eriksen.
Each to their own.

Funny how no one would care how many times I posted if I was sucking him off though eh

...but then again, your strongest argument is that we all suck off Eriksen. That's nice.

Tell me. Who would you play or buy instead of Eriksen?

So what the fuck Is going on here then . Is he fucking off or staying ?
Are we looking at buying a playmaker ? Because we need one , even if he stays .

...but then again, your strongest argument is that we all suck off Eriksen. That's nice.

Tell me. Who would you play or buy instead of Eriksen?

Last season I’d have happily played two up top with either Son and Kane, Llorente and Kane or Son and Llorente in some games.
Could have had Moura, Lamela or Son instead of Eriksen.
Could have had Dier in CM instead of Eriksen, could have had Wanyama in CM instead of Eriksen, could have used wingers, could have pushed Dele up and dropped Eriksen....

List is endless.

If you don’t drop him, then he plays, simple as that.
If you bench him, then someone else plays.

It’s just to do it.
Half an hour here, 20 minutes there and see what works to change a game and mix it up.

But noooooo apparently he was world class and our attack was fucking amazing

Last season I’d have happily played two up top with either Son and Kane, Llorente and Kane or Son and Llorente in some games.
Could have had Moura, Lamela or Son instead of Eriksen.
Could have had Dier in CM instead of Eriksen, could have had Wanyama in CM instead of Eriksen, could have used wingers, could have pushed Dele up and dropped Eriksen....

List is endless.

If you don’t drop him, then he plays, simple as that.
If you bench him, then someone else plays.

It’s just to do it.
Half an hour here, 20 minutes there and see what works to change a game and mix it up.

But noooooo apparently he was world class and our attack was fucking amazing

I'm sorry, but I just can't take you serious. You're bored with Eriksen but you wouldn't mind replacing him with more boring options (Dier and Wanyama), where none of them have been 100% fit at any time of the season.

That's also a part of the story. Eriksen has been over-played because too many of our players have been absent or no way near fit enough.

He does have a tendency to just drift out of the game if our play starts to look a bit staid and stale. I'd much prefer him to try and grab the match by the scruff of the neck with a "Fuck this for a game of soldiers" attitude and try to show an example to our other sometimes lackadaisical squad members. He's good enough to do just that and I find it extremely frustrating when he decides not to bother.
Well first Eriksen is a completely different player to Bale so it's an unfair comparison, but to claim he doesn't step up with a bit of magic when the team need him is just absurd.

He has done this numerous times with late winners/assists against bus parking teams or clutch games where the team look out of ideas or struggling to make this happen, exactly as Bale used to. Even last season alone, where he was poor according to some, he did it a number of times.

Back
Top Bottom