Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ive just come across this, thought I'd share:

This guy gathered all the numbers from a PL season (not sure which one). Apparently only 20% of corners lead to shots on goal and only 10% of those end up being actual goals. 2% of corners leads to goals.

I've only skimmed through it burn the dude also talks about how he more teams score from corners, the greater the chance they will be ones fighting relegation.

Here for anyone who wants to dedicate a few more minutes looking at it than I've been able to this afternoon.

He could have saved himself the time as it's all been done before:

That was hilarious. The club literally tried to claim that for the whole summer that Bale couldn't train or play because of a pulled arse muscle, and some fans still bought it.
I was once following a litigation case, and the defendant wanted to delay proceedings for a few weeks because he was suffering from "anal fissure".
I already thought of that guy as "that arsehole" before then, and always wanted to tear him a new one, except he did that to himself from eating like shit.

That was hilarious. The club literally tried to claim that for the whole summer that Bale couldn't train or play because of a pulled arse muscle, and some fans still bought it.

Looked distinctly like AVB bought into the club's reassurances that he was going nowhere too.

All just smoke and mirrors until the chips fall, innit.

Absolute load of bullshit. Also plain lie just vomited out to suit your (baseless) agenda!

"lack of commitment from a defensive perspective" ?!? FFS he was the player who covered THE MOST ground of all our players.
For his size and statue he did more defensive work than we could have had right to expect. If you want to see slagger - just look what that c*nt Özil is doing on the field. There are very-very-very few so creative playmakers around the world who would work harder back to defense. It might have been true when he joined us that he did not track back to defense but those times are long gone.

To me he will be remembered as technically gifted player whose goals, assists and general contribution helped the team immensly over the seasons. Even in the last season - without him we wouldn't have either reached CL final nor finished in top 4!

Gotta love how those to whom Eriksen can do no wrong always trot out the stat about covering most ground. Covering the most ground means absolutely fuck all without context. If you truly believe he is showing commitment defensively when he's dangling out a leg then there really is no hope! I suggest you go and have a re-watch of Burnley's winner against us if you want to see classic Eriksen defending (or lack of).

With regards to your last point you can attribute almost any and every player for getting us to the CL final and the top 4. Moura's goals, Hugo's saves, Jan's defending, Son vs City etc.. It's pointless trying to claim any single player is the reason we got there. Also, I could say to you that if it weren't for VAR at the end of the City game then Eriksen would've cost us with his ridiculous pass to Aguero.

I'm not denying his ability or the fact he's scored goals and created chances but when I think of Eriksen now I see a guy that's taken the set pieces for 6 years and produced very little after the first year or 2. I see a player that believes he's better than Spurs and is now probably going to sign a new contract because he has realised that none of the top clubs see him in the same light that some of you lot do.

I really don't think the money is that important for Eriksen when it comes to his next contract. He has to feel that he can win the biggest trophies in his prime years. If he doesn't get that feeling from us then he isn't going to sign.

I think it's possible to persuade him but it will take some big signings from us in the next 3 weeks and we have to hope nobody comes in for him. I still feel that as soon as a big European team make an offer he will go.

I really don't think the money is that important for Eriksen when it comes to his next contract. He has to feel that he can win the biggest trophies in his prime years. If he doesn't get that feeling from us then he isn't going to sign.

I think it's possible to persuade him but it will take some big signings from us in the next 3 weeks and we have to hope nobody comes in for him. I still feel that as soon as a big European team make an offer he will go.
He was 90 minutes away from winning the biggest trophy in Europe as the most important player in our attack. He did fuck all. Maybe he needs to go to Juventus so CR7 can gift him a farmer's league trophy.

He was 90 minutes away from winning the biggest trophy in Europe as the most important player in our attack. He did fuck all. Maybe he needs to go to Juventus so CR7 can gift him a farmer's league trophy.
Look what you’re making me do StripiestPilot StripiestPilot I’m agreeing this this lot.

As it should be. A player in his position shouldn't depend on single moments of brilliance in a few games, he should be consistent and have longevity.

What? I said “remember that game”
Who said anything about single moments?

People are saying Eriksen has been excellent but no one can name a game he was excellent in.
Except one half against Barca due to one pass.

How’s that for a single moment..

What? I said “remember that game”
Who said anything about single moments?

People are saying Eriksen has been excellent but no one can name a game he was excellent in.
Except one half against Barca due to one pass.

How’s that for a single moment..

I don’t really remember individual games for any of our players, save Moura in the CL semi.

But I absolutely remember there have been plenty of occasions where after a Spurs match, I’ve thought “Eriksen was great today.”

This revisionist history that Eriksen hasn’t been one of the best players on our team the last 6 years is absurd. And it all comes down to fans having their feelings hurt by him saying he’d like another challenge. Quite pathetic really.

He had a chance to win the biggest of them all, but he didn’t show up, so what we are saying is he wants to go to a team that will win it for him?

He had a chance to win the biggest of them all, but he didn’t show up, so what we are saying is he wants to go to a team that will win it for him?

I agree that he failed to show the “galactico” character in the final, but none of our other players showed up either. I think that he is not that type of player, he is not someone who will win you a game on his own. He has never been like Hazard or Bale. That’s probably why mega clubs are not busting a gut to sign him, for the fee we are asking for he doesn’t represent a guarantee of success, why would Real/Juve spend £80m on him when they already have Kroos, Modric, Isco, Ramsey, Pjanic etc?

I think Tottenham at this moment is the correct level for a player like him. A player with excellent quality but maybe not the most gritty character.

Back
Top Bottom