Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If anything thinks that, they are being silly. Just that we cant claim in any shift of policy yet, until the window is over. We've mostly operated in a way that we spend with what we have sold. If we end up selling one of our better players to compensate for Tangy's purchase , nothing much has changed. Shouldnt include Trippier in one of our better players, so that sale is just a positive on its own.

We know they're out there, right?

I agree with your post tho. However, if we get all our business done as required and don't significantly break net spend that really needn't be a basis for criticism tho.... Just points to good business... The sooner the stadium get's paid off and we are free of the burden of loan-interest the better.

I don't post on here anywhere near as much as I should, but I have no idea how you guys stand that arrogant, obstinate cunt, bus-conducter.

I used to read SC, and on there he was an insufferable prick who literally believed he knew better than anyone else, including one of the highest rated managers in the world, with one of the worst cases of confirmation bias I've ever seen. If his posting on the last couple of pages is anything to go by, I see that little has changed in his self-obsessed world.

And this place is far less forgiving on pretentious cunts like him than SC is. I'm surprised you lot havent torn him to shreds yet.

Apart from playground-esque feuding in the toilet, this place is mellowing in it's old age...

I don't post on here anywhere near as much as I should, but I have no idea how you guys stand that arrogant, obstinate cunt, bus-conducter.

I used to read SC, and on there he was an insufferable prick who literally believed he knew better than anyone else, including one of the highest rated managers in the world, with one of the worst cases of confirmation bias I've ever seen. If his posting on the last couple of pages is anything to go by, I see that little has changed in his self-obsessed world.

And this place is far less forgiving on pretentious cunts like him than SC is. I'm surprised you lot havent torn him to shreds yet.
Give someone enough rope

Plus he’s got decent competition

During his time at spurs, do you remember whether we have ever had a £40 odd mill spend? Maybe when we bought defoe, keane and kabul? Can't remember without looking it up.

My gut tells me it's happened but that's a bit of a research job.... Maybe you could be that man? :)

Ake is by far Bournemouth's best individual defender. Have a look at any Bournemouth forum and most will say that with out him they would most likely have let in twice the amount of goals that they did.

There's also the factor that playing with better players might make Ake better as well.

We could probably look at flashier names but Ake should not just be written off because he plays for Bournemouth.

I get your point and not to write him off, but isn’t being Bournemouth’s best defender a little like being the tallest dwarf?

Apart from playground-esque feuding in the toilet, this place is mellowing in it's old age...
Haha I find that hard to believe. As I said, I'm not a TFC expert, but fuck me, some of the cunt offs on here have included some of the most ruthless shit ever posted on the internet. What I like about most of those too is that they're usually original. There's no lazy, tired memes here.

Even if we get Eriksen to sign a new deal with a release clause, and he goes for £100m next season. If we can get Lo Celso in now it'd be superb as he gets a year with the squad alongside Eriksen.

Poch was trusting Aurier in a lot of big games last year.

If it wasn't for injury, over the course of the season; I believe Trippier would have been relegated to #2 based on performances otherwise....
Problem is though, that trust really hasn't been repaid one bit, mainly due to the fact that Aurier appears to be a complete simpleton and incapable of staying fit. I worry about us at right back next season if we sign no one, I really do.

Fuck him- His day is coming.

Last edited:
I expect Rose is negative and deflating a lot of the time. Probably not ideal having around. Best to just fuck him off seeing as he knows what he's worth and all that. Paris is up north right?

I think he's a good player, but we had to put up with years of shit for him to get there, then he's willing to just fuck us off because Walker got a big money move? Nah bollocks to him. So long and thanks for all the fish.
You know fuck all fucking bag of withered quins ffs...you know fuck all.

But if we sign Lo Celso now we will be in a much better position and whatever we get for Eriksen goes into the pot to spend in the future

Getting money in the pot is fine and well. But Poch has pretty much just now stated once again that he wants a 25 man squad. Lo Celso or not, if our squad gets cut by a player, a key one at that, from the 25 Poch planned the season on, with no chance to replace other than Onomah, Edwards or some 16 year old.

If it's due to not doing the clause right, then we've shit the bed.

Poch was trusting Aurier in a lot of big games last year.

If it wasn't for injury, over the course of the season; I believe Trippier would have been relegated to #2 based on performances otherwise....

As someone on here once told me, what you believe is irrelevant in this context, because what actually happened was Trippier was clearly first choice for the last two years, the CL final (with both available) being the clearest example of this.

Problem is though, that trust really hasn't been repaid one bit, mainly due to the fact that Aurier appears to be a complete simpleton and incapable of staying fit. I worry about us at right back next season if we sign no one, I really do.

I suggest Poch thought otherwise.... Wouldn't those opportunities have dried up rather than continued?

Why deploy him in the CL when he could face Brighton instead? (Rhetorical.. I've not checked the fixture list)

As someone on here once told me, what you believe is irrelevant in this context, because what actually happened was Trippier was clearly first choice for the last two years, the CL final (with both available) being the clearest example of this.

(I'm interpreting evidence.... Stats if you will... Funny you'd be against that... Again, twice in 24 hours you turn your nose up at me doing so.... Complexity of character or just hypocricy? Hmmmm....)

We were led to believe Serge was unfit for the CL final... So all the melting goes, he and the 2 Harrys should not have been on the pitch.

Q. Why was Serge played in the bulk of CL games instead of say Brighton, Newcastle et al? :kanehand:

Back
Top Bottom