Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know not many here like him but I'd still go for Ake. He can cover at left back, is brilliant going forward, very athletic and is home grown too.

My concern is that even in a relatively poor team, the likes of VVD & Maguire still had a positive effect over their clubs defenses.... Ake has never shown this.... Bournemouth's goals conceded has been atrocious for years.

I don’t believe their chairman said was they’re not looking to sell Zaniolo & Pellegrini, but they’ll listen to offers.

Tweet(s) posted a couple of days ago(*) quoted him as saying as much; I didn't not the caveat as part of the said quote tho'....

(*Pinch of salt as usual, but they were actual quotes attributed to him.)

No, as I've said before. Gonna be very difficult to shift him because he's overpaid. Plus I think he likes living in London too much. Dumb contract to give out.

If he spends August not involved let's see how much he wants to play football or just sit on his arse and earn 100k a week.

August determines things now? It's a long, old season, where the full squad will be needed. If he decides to stick around and continue to be a part of what Poch is building, even if not as a starter, as oppossed to fucking off somewhere to, start matches yes, but contest getting mid-table or winning some minor league no one cares about, does that really reflect poorly on him? Not for me.

That he just wants to sit around and earn his easy money, rather than continue to contribute best he can, is just your assumption. Also not for me.

Assuming we're selling Rose, our agenda currently is:
- Getting 5 players in
- Sorting Eriksen's situation
- Sorting Toby's situation
- Shifting N'Koudou and Janssen

There's a ton still to do. You can take away from that number of 5 incomings however many youngsters, Poch feels are ready to really step up and be a part of the squad. We're looking at a turnover in the squad of 5-8 players either way. "Painful summer" comment or not that's a big shift. And you think getting Lamela gone is in any way, shape, or form is on anybody's mind? Lamela who by all accounts is well-liked within the squad, happy with his bit part role, has Poch's trust, and reading between the lines a bit of a mentor to Foyth (who Poch clearly wants to develop), plus he might be neat to have around to integrate Lo Celso, should we get that one over the line.

Thinking Lamela is or even should leave is just plain your feelings towards the player showing, while completely ignoring what is actually happening at the club.

I’m not sure but is there anything on this thread suggesting that we’re trying to sell Sissoko

bus-conductor reckons we’re trying to “hawk “ him around

I’m not sure but is there anything on this thread suggesting that we’re trying to sell Sissoko

There was one story that he was considered part of a deal to bring in Zaniola (I think, might have been someone else). That's it, I think.

Just ignore it. If everything that gets a mention just once in some paper rumour was true, we'd be in for some transfer window.

So you’re alleging that we’re trying to sell Sissoko
First I’ve heard of that story
One of our most popular players apart from you of course
Any reliable sources you’d like to share??

Tripps had a shit season after a good WC
That’s why Poch got rid

I’m delighted he won’t be wearing our shirt again

But Poch kept picking Trippier, all the way to the CL final. So either you think not everything Poch does is right or that you were wrong about Trippier. Which is it.

On Monday, though, both Calciomercato and Gazzetta dello Sport report that Spurs could offer both Alderweireld AND Moussa Sissoko in a swap deal.

Zaniolo

Depends on what Poch thinks personally believe he think Foyth will be able to replace Trips and I don't think Aurier will be sold also so those two will be our RBs next season.

We'll certainly have options.... My position from before the winow openend hasn't changed however. Regardless of who stays, my only disappointment is that we go into the season with the same question mark hanging over the position.

i.e. 3 into 2 doesn't go and one (I'm guessing KWP) will likely rot further.

But Poch also picked Trippier continually for the last two years, even though you didn't rate him, no?

And we are apparently hawking Sissoko around - most recently as part of a deal for Zaniolo.

We will be lucky if we get the same amount for Sissoko (despite paying 30m for him) we did for Trippier (which represented 5 times the price we paid for him) and we shall see if he ends up at one of Europe's top clubs like dippier eh?
Your wrong- Toby is the player Roma want and Zaniolo could come the other way. Have you had a brain snap or something , or were you born this way!

Yep.Good business if true

Indeed.

Primarily, from a Spurs point of view, CE will know he's 'stuck' here if he doesn't perform.

Would still somewhat suprise me if CE did sign the rumoured deal though as it puts US firmly back in the drivers seat again, whereas he had/has us by the balls currently.

If at all genuinely interested, I certainly think RM would have been rolling the dice on getting him for nothing next summer.

Let's face it as fickle as they are, RM (club and fans alike) will be all over him if he has a good season and their current revamp isn't going according to plans.

I've certainly seen a couple of media stories suggesting Sissoko might be included in a deal for Zaniola from Roma. How true they are are anyone's guess.

Loads of possible deals floating around at this time of the transfer window. However Spurs agenda is clearly to bring in maybe 6 players ( including youngsters) whilst sorting out Eriksen Alderweireld contract situations and dealing with s few players that actively want to leave ( Trippier and maybe Rose) as priority.

And that means that whilst Poch might have half a dozen players in the ," not bothered if they stay or go," category, fact is that if any of he players go we need to replace them somehow to ensure we end up with a decent sized quality squad - so if say Sissoko. Lamela and a few others are on that list it's actually unlikely they will leave this TW as there is too much to do ,( transfers take time as you will appreciate, unless you are an FM player !)

So in short I think Sissoko stays until January or next summer or maybe even longer

Not perhaps the ringing endorsement you are looking for, but a pragmatic one

My concern is that even in a relatively poor team, the likes of VVD & Maguire still had a positive effect over their clubs defenses.... Ake has never shown this.... Bournemouth's goals conceded has been atrocious for years.

Eddie Howe is not known for sending out defensively minded teams. They play in a certain way which puts the defence under a lot of pressure. I'm not saying Ake is a VVD or Maguire but I think he offers a versatility that Poch appreciates.

I think that is really sensible for everyone concerned.

Well yeah sensible, but ONLY if a part of that clause is that it's only valid up until X days before the English transfer window closes.

If Real are allowed to come in late August and fuck us over with no chance to replace, the sensible part's gone

But Poch also picked Trippier continually for the last two years, even though you didn't rate him, no?

And we are apparently hawking Sissoko around - most recently as part of a deal for Zaniolo.

We will be lucky if we get the same amount for Sissoko (despite paying 30m for him) we did for Trippier (which represented 5 times the price we paid for him) and we shall see if he ends up at one of Europe's top clubs like dippier eh?

Oh Blakey... :pochcmon:

Btw, just noticed you have your posting history hidden... You don't want people to be able to re-visit any past 'gems'?

Last edited:
Indeed.

Primarily, from a Spurs point of view, CE will know he's 'stuck' here if he doesn't perform.

Would still somewhat suprise me if CE did sign the rumoured deal though as it puts US firmly back in the drivers seat again, whereas he had/has us by the balls currently.

If at all genuinely interested, I certainly think RM would have been rolling the dice on getting him for nothing next summer.

Let's face it as fickle as they are, RM (club and fans alike) will be all over him if he has a good season and their current revamp isn't going according to plans.
I can never understand why a player would want to play for that lot.
Hero to zero through no fault of your own.

Apart form the millions of pounds and trophies,that is ;)

Well yeah sensible, but ONLY if a part of that clause is that it's only valid up until X days before the English transfer window closes.

If Real are allowed to come in late August and fuck us over with no chance to replace, the sensible part's gone

But if we sign Lo Celso now we will be in a much better position and whatever we get for Eriksen goes into the pot to spend in the future

But Poch kept picking Trippier, all the way to the CL final. So either you think not everything Poch does is right or that you were wrong about Trippier. Which is it.

Poch was trusting Aurier in a lot of big games last year.

If it wasn't for injury, over the course of the season; I believe Trippier would have been relegated to #2 based on performances otherwise....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom