Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'd love to see this one happen. What an amazing young talent he is and he's just the kind of player I want tom see Spurs give an opportunity to. 19 years of age with it all to look forward to!
For 25 million it would be a steal, funny too as Fulham are rumoured to have turned down 50 million for him from us last season.

If we get Lo Celso & Sessengon in as some people have suggested and we hang on to Toby & Eriksen (Even just for this season), then I will be happy.

However Lo Celso has gone quiet, nothing new that is credible has come up. After the speed at which the Tripps thing happened I know that anything is possible but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Eriksen, Lo Celso, Ndombele, Winks, Sissoko are all amazing options for different reasons in midfield and I could see us returning to our old 4231 formation pushing Eriksen higher up the field again.

Eriksen, Dele & Kane still have some of the best link up play in the world when they are in the same area of the pitch together instead of Dele/Eriksen being pushed further back. I think we would do well next season.

Also it's time for Kane to reclaim his Golden Boot from the Egyptian God of Bin Diving.

I agree but think we need a replacement RB, Foyth, Aurier and KWP are not good enough to play there consistently, if they were then at least one of them would have been first choice last season considering how bad Trippier was imo.

I think it's imperative that we get Lo Celso done and keep Toby and Eriksen and also sign a RB and LB, if we get those things done then I agree it would be a good window for sure, we will be improved from last season.

If we end up with just N'dombele, whilst he is a great player and will strengthen us in the centre immeasurably I do believe our weakness with depth and flaws in other areas will cause us the same issues we had this season, especially once injuries start piling up.

N'dombele was the most important purchase because when Dembele left it left a massive void imo, a void which he will fill.

That being said though, the reason we need players like Lo Celso and a RB/LB is because Eriksen needs some healthy competition and we need players on the bench that can change a game and cause a threat, especially in attacking areas.

Plus we need fullbacks that have some pace and can beat a first man as our first choice options.

22377141baa11b3064a1f4072c750aed27ce67e891a3bb1ac5ea7a7298536c81.jpg

But Liverpool, Man City already have strong squads. In order to really challenge for the PL championship, we have to strengthen our squad, not keep playing most of the same players in that awful diamond. We simply don't have the strength to cope with injuries.
Liverpool squad is not that strong. Does not compare to city. They got away with it last season as the front three hardly missed any games. Who covers for Mane or Salah. Both have played in Afcon and may be susceptible to injuries late in the season. Same for Firmino in copa America. The cover is shaquiri and Origi. Sturridge has gone. Also young lad from under 17 World Cup team. Brewster.
Ox will be back and Milner is one yr older. No left back cover as Moreno gone. Suggestions are that they have bid for Rose (epllion).
If they were hit with half the injuries we had last season ....they would be nowhere near.
All their goals are from the front 3. Prob get goals from Ox but not much from the rest of midfield.

I agree but think we need a replacement RB, Foyth, Aurier and KWP are not good enough to play there consistently, if they were then at least one of them would have been first choice last season considering how bad Trippier was imo.

I think it's imperative that we get Lo Celso done and keep Toby and Eriksen and also sign a RB and LB, if we get those things done then I agree it would be a good window for sure, we will be improved from last season.

If we end up with just N'dombele, whilst he is a great player and will strengthen us in the centre immeasurably I do believe our weakness with depth and flaws in other areas will cause us the same issues we had this season, especially once injuries start piling up.

N'dombele was the most important purchase because when Dembele left it left a massive void imo, a void which he will fill.

That being said though, the reason we need players like Lo Celso and a RB/LB is because Eriksen needs some healthy competition and we need players on the bench that can change a game and cause a threat, especially in attacking areas.

Plus we need fullbacks that have some pace and can beat a first man as our first choice options.
That's one thing about Poch he's got to own his mistakes and realise once we buy we can't always get rid of them easily. Aurier was his choice as far as I know, he has to take responsibility for that and do better next time.

Interesting table on the BBC website listing the top 20 most expensive defenders in the world. If anyone wants any more evidence of how Man City are as successful as they are, suggest you have a look. They have 6 of the top 20 - so to all those who say we should be competing with City, how do you fancy spending upwards of £400m on defenders? To be fair we do have 1 in the list - Davinson comes in at no. 20!
Problem is if you had a look at a similar table for midfield and attack I imagine the result would be very similar.
It really is just obscene how they get away with it and how pundits and general public pour so much praise on the club and particularly the manager. Given a billion pounds to spend on the best players in every position, I think that even I could coach a decent performance out of a team, and without that money would they even be in the Premier League?

9m9 minutes ago
More
Matthijs de Ligt's £67.5m move from Ajax to Juventus makes him one of the 20 most expensive defenders in the world - but can you name them all? Have a go: https://bbc.in/2Y88sU5

Just looking at the new kit on Spurs site and can see that Llorente is still listed under player personalisation whereas Trippier is not. Maybe I'm reading too much into that, but possibly means new deal on the way?
Interesting. Llorente still describes himself as a Tottenham player on his twitter.
Edit: Just went to the shop and Llorente's name not an option.
Ndombele is no 28.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom