Jan Vertonghen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we can win it, we can give Dembele one of the medals since he actually played in a couple of the games before he left. I mean, that'd be pretty awesome.

Hopefully Kane, Winks and Vertonghen will be back as Liverpool will surely be all fit by then too. COYS

The club gets 40 medals to distribute as they see fit to players and staff. Giving Dembele one would take one away from someone more involved in the business end so unlikely I would have thought.

mousa-dembele-of-tottenham-hotspur-denzel-dumfries-of-psv-during-the-picture-id1053301092

He's played his part.

Would be harsh not to get him a medal.

Putting this here as don't know where else to put it.
Been a bit behind with reading and posting as in Malta meeting my newly born great-nephew. When he cries, I sing the Jan/Toby song to him and he seems to really like it. He also likes the Poch is magic one, but not keen on Dele's.
Poor kid. Only 5 days old and he's already been indoctrinated. His first words are going to be Yid Army :)

FUCKING LOVE THIS MAN!

Just 1 of a string of reasons why the 3 weeks off is a godsend.

Dunno why.... But when I think of 'stayers' like Hugo & Jan, I can't help but miss Moussa.... Win, lose or draw Madrid is part of their legacy.

Last edited:
Cooler than The Fonz!
I hope we get a few more years from him, as he's going to be a hard act to follow. Can't imagine what Toby's thinking, fancy wanting to play alongside someone else!
Love him.

Contract runs out next year - would be nice to get him tied down for a few more years.

Would be horrible to lose Dembele, Alderweireld, Eriksen and Vertonghen all within a year and a half due to contracts.

As a Dutchman it'd genuinely make me sad to see so many former Eredivisie players leave the club.
Maybe bring in de Ligt to make me feel better? :levyeyes:

At least he's not itching for a move, hopefully with a young 'un alongside him, we'll get another couple of seasons out of him. It will be a sad day for us when he has to hang up his boots. Apart from a little sticky patch a few years ago, where he didn't seem bothered (and that, TBF, may just be his demeanor), he has been a giant for us and one who can wear the mantle of "legend" quite comfortably. Oh, and he preferred us to that lot down the road, too!
Jan, Jan, Super Jan.

At least he's not itching for a move, hopefully with a young 'un alongside him, we'll get another couple of seasons out of him. It will be a sad day for us when he has to hang up his boots. Apart from a little sticky patch a few years ago, where he didn't seem bothered (and that, TBF, may just be his demeanor), he has been a giant for us and one who can wear the mantle of "legend" quite comfortably. Oh, and he preferred us to that lot down the road, too!
Jan, Jan, Super Jan.
Has been and will continue to be a great player for us.

That sticky patch seemed to coincide with sherwoods reign......when poch came in you could see the change in body language and attitude from jan.

Back
Top Bottom