Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Absolutely and you’re not melting, Tripps gone on the cheap and if Toby and Rose follow, that is 3 first choice players lost. Kwp or Foyth are not proven epl defenders to replace them and neither is Dier.
What is the plan?!
a92YKf.gif

I think we will sign some more players personally.

However, in a hypothetical scenario if we don't I would like to ask the people constantly accusing others of being melters if they would be happy with just the one first team signing in N'dombele and if they think that's enough for a team that is supposed to be showing ambition to win trophies?

Or if the worst case scenario happens (which I really hope it doesn't) and we lose Eriksen and Toby and we don't buy a new RB to replace Trippier or anyone to replace Eriksen and Toby, would people still feel this has been a good window or that we have progressed from last season?

Personally I think selling Trippier was a mistake, yes, he's lacklustre and shit for a FB, there is no denying that whatsoever, that being said, our other RB options are clearly not good enough or Poch would have already been playing them ahead of Trippier before now, which means we really do need to buy a replacement RB.

I don't know why people think that our other options in that area will suddenly be good enough, reminds me of when people were believing VJ or Soldado would suddenly come good when it was clear they were never going to and we needed much better,

I personally think that if we wrap up LO Celso, get a replacement RB and LB and a backup striker and keep what we already have in Eriksen/Toby and others then that's a good window for us.

Basically 4 more signings is what we need for now to make sure we have good depth and a strong first 11 that can compete for trophies going into the new season imo.
First of all, a backup striker is the last thing we need. Son and Moura are cover for Kane and Alli further forward will also contribute with more goals. Poch prefers a fluid system where players can interchange, anyway. When he played Llorente he played him more as a foil, rather than expecting him to be the main goal scorer.

And if we get no one else in, but keep all our players, I wouldn't call it a bad window. We will have addressed our main deficiency by signing a future world class player in Ndombele and the rest of the squad is top notch, Foyth at RB included. The only thing that would still be lacking would be competition/cover for Eriksen. But if the current squad stays healthy and gets a good pre-season, I'm pretty optimistic about our upcoming season.

Yes, because Llorente didn't prove useful at all...apart from playing a key role in getting us into the champions league final.
As I mentioned later in my post (which you conveniently omitted), he served more as a foil. It was Son and Moura who did the damage.

Absolutely and you’re not melting, Tripps gone on the cheap and if Toby and Rose follow, that is 3 first choice players lost. Kwp or Foyth are not proven epl defenders to replace them and neither is Dier.
What is the plan?!
It’s crystal clear there is a fucking plan mate. You need to listen to what the manager says once in a while.

What he isn’t going to do is tell you who is being sold and who we are bringing in and in what particular order, because that’s just ridiculous if you are expecting that.

Back
Top Bottom