Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Must be looking at Sessegnon, if all rumours are true.

And in fairness training and learning from Vertonghen and Davies every day with Poch in the mix as well, you would expect his defensive game to improve. KWP can always fill in there too.
Poch definitely building a very versatile squad.

But is Sess ready to be a starter? We can’t mess around with the FB positions we need players on both the left en the right side who are ready to fill those positions from the start. We cannot mess around with prospects etc. we need certainty.

But is Sess ready to be a starter? We can’t mess around with the FB positions we need players on both the left en the right side who are ready to fill those positions from the start. We cannot mess around with prospects etc. we need certainty.
Davies is the starter with somebody else as back up I guess.

Got to take risks sometimes. Look at the Liverpool full backs.

Sessegnon will be back up for Davies. If he’s not ready KWP is there too. Vertonghen can even fill in if required.

Play 3 at the back he becomes more of a left winger.

The reality is he is a prospect who could become a very very good player in the future. And I imagine that remains key to our business model and paying off the stadium.

I'm sad to see Danny Rose go. His workrate is phnomenal - he never leaves the pitch with any regrets. His commitment is incredible. He's almost getting back to his best. He regularly gets us free kicks in good places. He can put in a good ball from the left wing, or cut inside nicely. His defensive commitment is second to none.
Personally, I'd like him to stay for one more season*, because Davies isn't quite as dynamic or talented.

*unless he's replaced with someone incredible

His athleticism is good. We should keep him. If we can forgive Alli's weaknesses we can forgive Rose's

Forgive Alli's weaknesses and forgive Rose's? Dele is a different level ability and output wise to Rose. I'm sure you're a fine Spurs fan but to compare these two quality wise is chalk and cheese.

Dele is a young player, has won two player of the year awards at his age level and has outscored Lampard, Gerrard, Scholes etc at his age. Rose was probably on loan somewhere like Sunderland at Dele's age (don't quote me on that one)

I am still astounded at the levels even Spurs fans see Dele. In him we genuinely have one of the countries gems it amazes me how different we all see him but to me he's a proper footballer just needing a little bit of time to get his rhythm again.

It's a million miles away comparing Rose and Dele in my opinion, even though I rate Rose and would rather see him stay.

There are no certainties in football, Felipe Luis was one of the best defenders in Spain and couldn’t hack it at Chelsea. Andrew Robertson was just a kid when he joined Liverpool after being relegated and just won the CL after an outstanding individual season.

If Poch thinks Sessegnon has the talent then his age doesn’t matter, as a coach his main job is to develop talent.

We have to remember that over the last few years Danny has spoken about wanting to leave and preferably head back up north

Guardiola rates him highly, Mendy is permanently injured so now they have one real left back. Delph has also left.

Depending on how much money they have maybe Newcastle is an option. Bruce tends to buy Spurs players wherever he goes

We will sign a left back.
Appreciate the confidence but I am taking nothing for granted
There really isn't long left til the window closes and it's looking likely that we are set to lose our first choice fullbacks , a first choice centre back and possibly our only creative midfielder
Apologies if I am not jumping around with excitement right now , I really don't expect us to sign 4 players in the next 3 weeks

Sessegnon flopped pretty hard this year in the prem at both fullback and winger/forward, really would be a huge risk to spend 35+ million on him and have him underperform.

Buying an English defender right now is extremely difficult because you have to pay 3x what you'd pay for a similarly talented Argentine, Spaniard or German. Rather go abroad or academy to be honest.

Looks like he will be on his way. I am not happy about it. I wanted this team to stay together. Apart from Eriksen all the talk about players leaving have been defenders. Most confidence i have had in that dept for quite a while now too.

This all seems very strange unless theres something going on that we dont know about. No rumours of asking for a move, nothing. Very odd.

As for a replacement I dont see Sessegnon ultimately playing there... more of a wingback/winger now I think? Probably Davies first choice and potentially KWP as backup with Jan to play there if desperate...

Sessegnon flopped pretty hard this year in the prem at both fullback and winger/forward, really would be a huge risk to spend 35+ million on him and have him underperform.

Buying an English defender right now is extremely difficult because you have to pay 3x what you'd pay for a similarly talented Argentine, Spaniard or German. Rather go abroad or academy to be honest.

Flopped? Get off it.

He didn't excel for sure, but that's hardly the same as flopping given all the circumstances. Three managers in the same season, in a team drained off all confidence and with no structure due to way too many new players in one summer. All while having his first season in the PL as a very young man.

Sessegnon as backup at LB is a bad idea. He's a winger for sure.

KWP at LB is an even worse idea. He hasn't really looked ready for serious PL duty at his preferred position, let alone the opposite side of the field.

Back
Top Bottom