Juan Foyth

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well firstly I don't believe Foyth has ever been taught to "get rid" Or Poch would encourage that, secondly playing out from the back doesn't mean taking on 2 or 3 players just outside your own 18 yard box.

He's played 12 times and already has a catalogue of errors in my opinion he's a defensive liability because of the stupid decisions he makes, I don't call it being brave I call it being stupid.

Foyth has his positives but he needs to learn when he should do certain things and when he shouldn't.
This is what he does, this IS why he's been trusted, THIS is why he's special. It's absolutely being brave, brave to play him, brave for him to play as he always has done (I'm not a Foyth historian, I've watched his YouTube clips and read up on him and we've bought a lad that takes the ball out of defence, this is his overriding feature/ability).

Let him play. He will make mistakes, not all of the dribbles will come off, but let him play. Let him learn by playing.

This is what he does, this IS why he's been trusted, THIS is why he's special. It's absolutely being brave, brave to play him, brave for him to play as he always has done (I'm not a Foyth historian, I've watched his YouTube clips and read up on him and we've bought a lad that takes the ball out of defence, this is his overriding feature/ability).

Let him play. He will make mistakes, not all of the dribbles will come off, but let him play. Let him learn by playing.

I know it’s a bit of a risk but I would like him to have a go at playing on the right, maybe in cup games and against easy oppositions. Some have said that it might hinder his development but Jan hasn’t turned out too bad learning to play on the left as well.

The bigger concern is whether he might cost us as he’s relatively new to the position but if he’s talented as Poch thinks he should grow into that role.

What concerns me more is that once Foyth is broken down we have Sanchez covering him - he was a bit shaky to say the least last season.

It is a bit of a gamble, would feel a lot better if we had a more reliable option other than Aurier and KWP.

People want us to get these hot young players with bags of natural ability, yet seemingly don't want to give them the time and space to grow into the players we all hope they will become. :avbfacepalm:

We as a team take a hell of a lot of risk playing out from the back.

More than I can bear at times (CL final was shiting myself).

But if thats the way Poch wants to play then who am I to argue.

We as a team take a hell of a lot of risk playing out from the back.

More than I can bear at times (CL final was shiting myself).

But if thats the way Poch wants to play then who am I to argue.
We are on the whole excellent at playing out from the back. Fans who are used to defenders not hoofing it clear can’t stand it, i’d argue they haven’t got much of a clue what in fact we are trying to achieve.

I know it’s a bit of a risk but I would like him to have a go at playing on the right, maybe in cup games and against easy oppositions. Some have said that it might hinder his development but Jan hasn’t turned out too bad learning to play on the left as well.

The bigger concern is whether he might cost us as he’s relatively new to the position but if he’s talented as Poch thinks he should grow into that role.

What concerns me more is that once Foyth is broken down we have Sanchez covering him - he was a bit shaky to say the least last season.

It is a bit of a gamble, would feel a lot better if we had a more reliable option other than Aurier and KWP.
I’m loving him playing there of his country, as great for his development. From what I’ve seen I don’t think he has the pace to become a top RB. I enjoy watching him play at CB, I don’t get that same pleasure when he plays at RB, but may be that will come with more development???

IMO Aurier and KWP are better than him at RB ( based solely on a couple of games though).

We are on the whole excellent at playing out from the back. Fans who are used to defenders not hoofing it clear can’t stand it, i’d argue they haven’t got much of a clue what in fact we are trying to achieve.

I wouldnt say I cant stand it. Im a ball playing defender myself. Ive controlled a goal kick from my own keeper on my chest, done a cruyff turn and calmly lay it out to the full back and been criticised by my team mates for being to flashy.

I think its great how we play. But it does get me on the edge of the seat.

I understand that we are drawing attackers forward and making space in behind. So its worth it.

I wouldnt say I cant stand it. Im a ball playing defender myself. Ive controlled a goal kick from my own keeper on my chest, done a cruyff turn and calmly lay it out to the full back and been criticised by my team mates for being to flashy.

I understand that we are drawing attackers forward and making space in behind. So its worth it.

If I was playing on your side I’d take off my boots and start throwing them at you while simultaneously shouting “Just what the fuck is wrong with you!!”

What's your transfer value? We may be in need of some depth

Sorry mate that wasn't aimed at you. Those that sit around me most definitely it does, it drives me fucking nuts!!!! "Out"!! "Get rid"! "No"!!

:pochfacepalm:

Good interview with him:

I like his attitude a lot. Very focussed and clearly determined to be the best player he can be. I'm not quite sure about him at CB but he's got time on his side. He could be our best hope at RB if we don't make a signing there, trumps KWP in every way and doesn't get constantly injured like Aurier.

giphy.gif

I don't think Foyth or KWP will cut the mustard at Spurs Aurier is our best hope.

Foyth might make a decent wing back but early days and with Poch’s coaching who knows

A bit disappointed with KWP and thought he would have improved by now

Really don’t know what to make of Aurier

Real shame about his injury, I had a sneaky feeling that Poch was going to pull one out of the bag this season and Foyth was going to really excel at RB - much like Dier when he moved to DM. Hopefully comes back stronger.

Back
Top Bottom