Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Debating on acting like I know who the fuck any of these players Spurs are linked to are, or just wait to see what shakes out...

I'll just Danny Rose'em and if something pops up I can post a link like I'm a big smart football man.

Last edited:
If this is true and Danny is also potentially on his way out, they have to have plans in place to secure these positions. I cannot see how we would sanction something for one or both to leave without it. Say what you will about Trippier but Poch trusted him enough to perform in big games, I cannot see how they would rely upon KWP and Aurier at this point when they are trying to build a stronger team.

My guess is that we are going to see sudden movement on a replacement if/when this gets announced.

:avbpray:

Don't know the player myself, but I think subbed off 48 times is the most telling part of that story tbh.

Well Van der Vaart only played 90 minutes 8 times for us in his full season.
28 starts, taken off 20 times. Harry didn't trust him past 60 minutes but leaves him with a goal every 212 minutes, which is pretty fucking solid.

I'm making no argument for signing Correa though. Couldn't give a fuck unless Poch fancies him.

The difference is that he plays as a mediapunta or no 10, sometimes as the striker, not as a playmaker. If he has played 90 minutes only 17 times it's because he isn't good enough

Not sure - look more of a right winger.

Also not sure why this link wont embed.

Article claims Atlético wanted to go after Semedo but the Griezmann saga hindered any negotiations, so Trippier is their plan B.

I wonder if we would/could go after Semedo then

I for one enjoy other clubs dictating our transfer policy. Think of the money we are saving on scouts.

Well Van der Vaart only played 90 minutes 8 times for us in his full season.
28 starts, taken off 20 times. Harry didn't trust him past 60 minutes but leaves him with a goal every 212 minutes, which is pretty fucking solid.

That's a pretty shabby comparison considering were talking a player at the opposite end of their career.... One is 24; whilst for VDV it wasn't thru lack of quality.

Last edited:
That's a pretty shabby comparison considering were talking a player at the opposite end of their career.... One is 24; whilst for VVD it wasn't thru lack of quality.

Oh yeah it's a shabby comparison. I can't claim to have more than next to no knowledge about Correa.
Just purely as number of times subbed off being a telling stat. He might be a fat chain smoker that just cant cope with 90 mins?

VdV was 27 when he joined us wasn't he? Only a few years older, but neither kids, and neither 'old' really.
I couldn't honestly say that Correa keeps getting subbed off through a lack of quality either. Though that probably is the case.

Back
Top Bottom