Juan Foyth

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I can definitely see his defensive potential. I can also definitely see he is currently nowhere near "defensively solid" and his positional sense is currently not good. Can it get better? Of course but right now it's not up to scratch.

I think he could have a lot more success as a DM. He dribbles way too much for a CB.

Makes the wrong decision on the ball a lot and gets praised for his stupidity on here when he unnecessarily dribbles past two players just outside his penalty box for no reason only to be disposed the next time he tries it.

He has got some very positive attributes and all the makings of a very good pro but can you coach stupidity out of a player that's the key here.

Makes the wrong decision on the ball a lot and gets praised for his stupidity on here when he unnecessarily dribbles past two players just outside his penalty box for no reason only to be disposed the next time he tries it.

He has got some very positive attributes and all the makings of a very good pro but can you coach stupidity out of a player that's the key here.
You can coach out of a player to stop being brave on the ball and turn him into a side-foot run of the mill everyday defender. Let the KID play and stop expecting him to be the finished article at 21yrs. He will make mistakes, this is what young players do.

Foyth right now has striking similarities to Vlad Chirches. Very good on the ball and brilliant dribbling ability but lacks in everything else. He has age on his side so that's good.

Well aren't we something. Turning our noses up at Argentina's right back. Not good enough for us. Played right back in the last three matches in the recent Copa America. At 21. Lost in the semi-final to Brazil, won the third place play-off against holders Chile.

I have a feeling that Foyth will be one of those Spurs players that you either love or hate. Much like Coco.

And as he has one brain fart for every two things he does right, he'll give plenty of ammunition to the diehard moaners.

I'd love to see him at DM or RB. Especially if Aurier struggles for injuries.

There are several other places in the Argentina team I'd like to turn my nose up at if we've got time.

I too find the logic of "he played on a good national team so he must be really good" totally ridiculous.

At least it's better than the logic I saw one time where somebody said a player was a WORLD CUP WINNER.....which was true! They had won the U-20 World Cup. :pochrolleyes:

Foyth right now has striking similarities to Vlad Chirches. Very good on the ball and brilliant dribbling ability but lacks in everything else. He has age on his side so that's good.

Said the same the other day in the Transfer thread, there's a worrying soupçon of the Chiriches/Bunjevkivic about our boy Foyth.

Tendancy to overplay and I've rarely seen a game where he doesn't look a bit flappy defensively. I love a footballing CB but he strikes me as being too footbally and not enough CB...y.

You can coach out of a player to stop being brave on the ball and turn him into a side-foot run of the mill everyday defender. Let the KID play and stop expecting him to be the finished article at 21yrs. He will make mistakes, this is what young players do.

Its not what young players do tho is it? Sure most have room for improvement and some mistakes but Foyth is having stupid moments every other time he plays, some of his play is excellent some is ridiculously unintelligent.

Age is probably a factor in Foyth but most young players aren't as up and down as Foyth is.

Its not what young players do tho is it? Sure most have room for improvement and some mistakes but Foyth is having stupid moments every other time he plays, some of his play is excellent some is ridiculously unintelligent.

Age is probably a factor in Foyth but most young players aren't as up and down as Foyth is.

The only way he’ll iron that out is if he gets to play on a regular basis and, at the moment, the only available spot is the right back it seems.

Most young players aren't trusted to playout from the back, or to try to dribble past an oppo player, as "get rid" is screamed by their managers. Tell him to get rid enough and that is all he will ever do, it's safe, it just shit defending too, ultimately conceding possession. I am more than aware that I've inserted "get rid" and that's maybe not what you are referencing but it is the point that I'm trying to make that he is good enough to be trusted and encouraged to try to play football and NOT be safe. Only good players are afforded this.

He, among other young players, will have a very hard time as they develop under the gaze of a live PL game, more so than others because they are the obvious players to target if you were the oppo. It's a testament to his ability in the first place that he's trusted by the manager to play.

Most young players aren't trusted to playout from the back, or to try to dribble past an oppo player, as "get rid" is screamed by their managers. Tell him to get rid enough and that is all he will ever do, it's safe, it just shit defending too, ultimately conceding possession. I am more than aware that I've inserted "get rid" and that's maybe not what you are referencing but it is the point that I'm trying to make that he is good enough to be trusted and encouraged to try to play football and NOT be safe. Only good players are afforded this.

He, among other young players, will have a very hard time as they develop under the gaze of a live PL game, more so than others because they are the obvious players to target if you were the oppo. It's a testament to his ability in the first place that he's trusted by the manager to play.

Well firstly I don't believe Foyth has ever been taught to "get rid" Or Poch would encourage that, secondly playing out from the back doesn't mean taking on 2 or 3 players just outside your own 18 yard box.

He's played 12 times and already has a catalogue of errors in my opinion he's a defensive liability because of the stupid decisions he makes, I don't call it being brave I call it being stupid.

Foyth has his positives but he needs to learn when he should do certain things and when he shouldn't.

Back
Top Bottom