Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

OK, i've seen these videos last for ten minutes and they're padded out with goal celebrations and shit...but this almost twenty minutes long with virtually no padding!!!! This guy will be giving opponents fucking nightmares, get too close and he'll trick his way past you, stand off him and watch a laser guided through ball go by...His feet are incredible it almost looks as if he's hitting the ball by accident, but it happens too often to not be deliberate, I could say more but I think I need a cold shower to calm down...

Christ he looks a masterful mix of Dembele, Sissoko, and Eriksen. Watching him dispossess Messi with such ease at the 8:20 mark... :pochsmirk:

(Tune - Go West)

Tanguuuuuuy Ndombele
Tanguuuuuuy Ndombele
Tanguuuuuuy Ndombele
Tanguuuuuuy Ndombele

You're welcome

Original song:

Call - 2 syllables
Response - 5 syllables

Chant:

Call - 2 syllables
Response - 4 syllables if you pronounce the N, 3 if you treat it as silent.

Doesn't scan. Must try harder
D-

I suppose you could hold the "guuuuyyyy" for an extra beat over the original "west" (4th beat of the second bar assuming the first bar starts with 3 rests) instead of the 2 syllables "in the". Then it would work, and I'll let you have it. But own up, you were making it fit by using an ugly 1 syllable into 2 on his surname weren't you?

Original song:

Call - 2 syllables
Response - 5 syllables

Chant:

Call - 2 syllables

D-

I suppose you could hold the "guuuuyyyy" for an extra beat over the original "west" (4th beat of the second bar assuming the first bar starts with 3 rests) instead of the 2 syllables "in the". Then it would work, and I'll let you have it. But own up, you were making it fit by using an ugly 1 syllable into 2 on his surname weren't you?

Is this you?

images

Original song:

Call - 2 syllables
Response - 5 syllables

Chant:

Call - 2 syllables

D-

Wow, you're good at this.

Perhaps you can you help me. I need to fit 'Tanguy Ndombele' into the tune of 'What Have I done To Deserve This?". I reckon it will be the one we've been waiting for.

Original song:

Call - 2 syllables
Response - 5 syllables

Chant:

Call - 2 syllables

D-

His full name actually fits the response perfectly (if you drop the ‘n’ in his surname). Just need something for the call that isn’t ‘come on’ or ‘we love’.

I suppose you could just use his first name twice.

Tongeeee

Tongee Dombele...

OK, i've seen these videos last for ten minutes and they're padded out with goal celebrations and shit...but this almost twenty minutes long with virtually no padding!!!! This guy will be giving opponents fucking nightmares, get too close and he'll trick his way past you, stand off him and watch a laser guided through ball go by...His feet are incredible it almost looks as if he's hitting the ball by accident, but it happens too often to not be deliberate, I could say more but I think I need a cold shower to calm down...

Well put and close to how I feel watching it.

Like many I'm highly skeptical of highlight reels, and in my case have been since Rasiak. Often it's just thunderbolt shots, incisive passes and trickery in those vids. Which can come and go based on confidence levels, teammates, quality of opponents, luck and what have you.

This feels different.

All the technical stuff and strength can be built upon as a player develops, but this guy seems to have insane levels of awareness of the players and space around him. Where the pressure is coming from and how hard, plus where the space is to drive past an opponent and into. That stuff can't be taught and he has it in spades. Couple that with what looks like high levels with his first touch, strength, balance and turn of pace, and we've got a potential monster of player here.

Back
Top Bottom