Which player(s) did you pretend to be as a kid?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Pavel Nedved, OG ronaldo and a bunch of others.

Used to play Champions League with a friend in the park, one in goal and the other one outfield for each game. The person in outfield would be the commentator.

We would have entire draws for the groups,, write down group stage and then play through all of it, counting goals and points and all. Only each team facing each other once in the group though.

Can't believe we were so meticulous, but I guess we had all the time and passion for football in the world.

It was the grandest of times.

Hah great stuff.
Reminded me of what my brother and I used to do for World cups and FA cups..
We would draw the flags / club badges and make a 'wall chart' which matched the actual draws.
Then draw from a hat who was each team and have 1 vs 1 penalty shootout in the back garden.
There was no google for finding who were the takers and goalkeepers - so relied on our trusty annuals and such. Everything was logged, and repeated several times each week.
I'm pretty good with flags and club crests still though haha

When it got dark, we sellotaped torches to the goal posts - but usually it ended well before that when the ball went over next doors - where some grumpy old git used to come out holding a knife when we jumped in the garden threatening to pop the ball if we do it again.

He should be long dead by now. Drove a 'plastic pig' 3 wheeler. What a cunt.

Jurgen-Klinsmann.jpg

when the ball went over next doors - where some grumpy old git used to come out holding a knife when we jumped in the garden threatening to pop the ball if we do it again.

He should be long dead by now. Drove a 'plastic pig' 3 wheeler. What a cunt.

Did all kids have a neighbour like that? We had one we called Grumpy. Used to stick a garden fork through balls that went over into his garden. Miserable twat.

Did all kids have a neighbour like that? We had one we called Grumpy. Used to stick a garden fork through balls that went over into his garden. Miserable twat.

My neighbour was Mrs B, used to take all my wayward footballs and stash them in her shed.

When I was about 7, I nicked the little scissors from the cupboard, and cut through the fence to try and break in to her shed and get them back!

I didn't get them, just got a bollocking for ruining the scissors...

Del Piero or Batistuta

Watching Serie A highlights with James Richardson sat in a piazza reading the pink Gazetta Dello Sport was my football education
Our neighbour was a Mrs G, she kept every ball that went into her garden, bitch.
When she died her loft was full of them, at least we learnt how to control the ball an shoot with accuracy.
Thanks Mrs G
:adethumbup:

Back
Top Bottom