Ben Davies

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Everyone heroes last night but nice little cameo by him. Played an important part in the final goal with a strong challenge. Another player who can do the job starting or can come of the bench to help.

Is a favourite of mine so might just be getting carried away!! :)

An utterly reliable squad player, and positionally flexible to boot. All great clubs have and value guys like that.

Fergie always had a handful at his disposal. Darren Fletcher, John O'Shea, Ji-Sung Park, etc.

I see his surgery has been postponed until after Wales' Euro 2020 qualifiers. 6 weeks of recuperation after surgery. He's going to be struggling to make the start of the season ffs.

About to sign a new long term contract, according to the Mail.

I think he deserves it and I’ve always rated him higher than Rose. He’s more reliable and a more intelligent player, although Rose at his absolute best is a level beyond Davies he hasn’t had a game like that for a long time. It’s easy to forget that Davies was the first player that Poch brought to Tottenham.

Great news.... Massive fan of 'the quiet one'. Hope he retires here.

Part of our best ever EPL defense. Thoroughly capable whatever the occasion, yet criminally under-rated by many of our own.

...A truly class act!

He really suffers from this rotation policy at fullback. When he gets a run of games hes much more solid and tactically better than rose. Rose has shot his mouth off more than once aswell

He really suffers from this rotation policy at fullback. When he gets a run of games hes much more solid and tactically better than rose. Rose has shot his mouth off more than once aswell
Rose offers nothing in attack despite all his endeavors, and for me Davies is a more stable player.
I like both and would happily just stick with them for now rather than bring in anyone else.
But yeah, Rose is not exactly overly committed

Quite happy to hear that he's signed a new contract. He's a good second teamer at a position we need to rotate a lot.

Silly to talk about him being preferred to Rose though. Maybe against minnows at home where we know the opposition will park the bus. Davies puts in a better cross than Rose does. But in a match where a player is required to both attack AND defend, Davies just doesn't have the ability to get up and down the field enough to do both effectively, so he ends up falling out of our attack altogether. He's certainly a solid enough defender but so is Danny.

Quite happy to hear that he's signed a new contract. He's a good second teamer at a position we need to rotate a lot.

Silly to talk about him being preferred to Rose though. Maybe against minnows at home where we know the opposition will park the bus. Davies puts in a better cross than Rose does. But in a match where a player is required to both attack AND defend, Davies just doesn't have the ability to get up and down the field enough to do both effectively, so he ends up falling out of our attack altogether. He's certainly a solid enough defender but so is Danny.

Myth.... 2016/2017 says "hello".

We have 2 excellent LBs.... What's not to like.

Back
Top Bottom