We can be heroes champions league final 01/06/2019

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What’s really fucking boring is your biased Sissoko FC bullshit.

Sissoko is a weak link who cost us much more in this final than Trippier did. And not just his stupid fucking penalty, all he did all game was fucking hide and point. Unlike Trippier.

If you think Sissoko was better than Trippier was in this game then you either didn’t watch it or are totally incapable of objective honesty. You are just peddling your cliched narrative. And it’s fucking tedious.

Sissoko did fuck all except hide and fucking point. I’ve even posted evidence of it in the Sissoko thread.

Interesting that one of Europe’s best teams is interested in Trippier, we haven’t been able to give Sissoko away for the last 4 fucking windows, even to China. Wonder why?

Because Poch values him highly and knows more about the game than you by watching it without having his nose buried in meaningless statistics

If we put Sissoko up for sale there would be a queue a mile long offering well in excess of £60 million
The £30 million we paid for him was a bargain

Ever wondered why it’s just you that has this view or is it you that’s so arrogant that you think you’re right and everyone else is wrong

Not just me calling you out on it

I wish Tripps well though

What pissed me off and still does(it ain't going away) was the fact the scousers weren't that good either.20% more effort/fight from most of our players and it could of all been so different...

Mate not to continue bashing on the referee but the fucking penalty after 24 seconds killed the game for us.

It’s by far the worst final I’ve ever seen and that’s not because we’ve lost it.

What is even more surprising there are some, even here were justifying the penalty calls. Not even when the law was it’s most confusing were those incidents ever infringements.

What is even more surprising there are some, even here were justifying the penalty calls. Not even when the law was it’s most confusing were those incidents ever infringements.

Sissoko is standing with his arm out, the ball hits his arm virtually at the same time it hits the side of his chest. Not like a freak ricochet. If that was up the other end we’d all be wanting it.

And Rose has his arm up in the air sliding to block a shot and blocks it with that arm. Again, most of us would be wanting it.

Hand ball definitely needs some reworking, but I haven’t got much problem with either of those as things stand.

What I’d rather is the whole penalty notion changed, so that only when the incident - handball, foul, etc - is directly preventing a possible goal scoring situation, is it a penalty, and I’d extend that outside the box too.

If it’s an innocuous foul where the player is on the edge of a packed box running away from goal, or like the Sissoko one, where it’s just a loose cross going across a packed box, then it’s just a free kick.

I still think the Rose one is fair game though, he’s got his arm in the air and blocks a shot at goal with it.

If it was at the other we’d be wanting it? That’s a loaded truism, I want everything that can possibly go in my favour, however if it’s unfair advantage I’d be aware enough and moral enough to admit I got away with it, not continue to wrap myself into all sorts of contortions to justify an inaccuracy

If it was at the other we’d be wanting it? That’s a loaded truism, I want everything that can possibly go in my favour, however if it’s unfair advantage I’d be aware enough and moral enough to admit I got away with it, not continue to wrap myself into all sorts of contortions to justify an inaccuracy

We'd want them because they were pretty blatant hand balls, very little contortions or inaccuracy.

How any human being on the planet can believe the Sissoko penalty was legitimate is beyond me. It hit his chest first then deflected on to his arm, that rules out a penalty under any interpretation. If the ref had gone to review it he would have ruled it out. I suspect there was probably a language barrier between the ref and var official.

I'm glad the PL have come out and called it a crap decision and I wish UEFA would man up do likewise, admit the whole thing about trying to change the handball rule mid competition, without fully contemplating all the ramifications and scenarios that could (quite ridiculously) be interpreted as penalties, led to two teams - PSG and us - being unfairly eliminated, and completely ruined the showpiece football final. We don't want football to turn into a rugby, where it becomes a central tactic to try and win penalties all throughout the game.

The fact there's even a discussion about it shows the rules are fucked up. There should be a rule that isn't open to interpretation and everyone understands.

Sissoko is standing with his arm out, the ball hits his arm virtually at the same time it hits the side of his chest. Not like a freak ricochet. If that was up the other end we’d all be wanting it.

And Rose has his arm up in the air sliding to block a shot and blocks it with that arm. Again, most of us would be wanting it.

Hand ball definitely needs some reworking, but I haven’t got much problem with either of those as things stand.

What I’d rather is the whole penalty notion changed, so that only when the incident - handball, foul, etc - is directly preventing a possible goal scoring situation, is it a penalty, and I’d extend that outside the box too.

If it’s an innocuous foul where the player is on the edge of a packed box running away from goal, or like the Sissoko one, where it’s just a loose cross going across a packed box, then it’s just a free kick.

I still think the Rose one is fair game though, he’s got his arm in the air and blocks a shot at goal with it.
"Handball definitely needs some reworking" - Yes, I agree. They need to go back to it being 'deliberate'. There was never anything wrong with that concept. They've failed to take the element of subjectivity out of it, so just go back to a rule that was largely fair.

Whatever the powers that be do now its too fucking late for us!! The worst(and most important for Spurs) decision I have ever seen and we've had some wopper's over the years.

"Handball definitely needs some reworking" - Yes, I agree. They need to go back to it being 'deliberate'. There was never anything wrong with that concept. They've failed to take the element of subjectivity out of it, so just go back to a rule that was largely fair.

Hand ball has never just been “deliberate” or not for a long time anyway.

The problem with making it subjective is you then get massive inconsistency and people just as unhappy as refs give/don’t give different punishments for the same things.

And players can easily make themselves bigger using arms but make it look natural, when it’s not.

I don’t know how anyone can bitch too much about Sissoko’s; he’s stood there with his fucking arm straight out, everyone knows the score now. And it’s not like it took a wild ricochet off his knee or something, it hit his arm and body pretty much simultaneously- it’s not like the ball was diverted onto his arm randomly. And he’d been doing it all fucking season, because I’d mentioned it several times in match threads.

The problem with making it subjective is you then get massive inconsistency and people just as unhappy as refs give/don’t give different punishments for the same things.

And players can easily make themselves bigger using arms but make it look natural, when it’s not.

I don’t know how anyone can bitch too much about Sissoko’s; he’s stood there with his fucking arm straight out, everyone knows the score now. And it’s not like it took a wild ricochet off his knee or something, it hit his arm and body pretty much simultaneously- it’s not like the ball was diverted onto his arm randomly. And he’d been doing it all fucking season, because I’d mentioned it several times in match threads.
you're like a footballing deity
YOU KNOW FUCKING EVERYTHING!

It is the VERY FIRST LAW of handball for fucksake!!!!
It is an offence if a player:
  • deliberately touches the ball with their hand/arm, including moving the hand/arm towards the ball

It even states that;
It is not usually an offence if the ball touches a player’s hand/arm:
  • directly from the player’s own head or body (including the foot)
The laws written state that it wasn't handball, yet you are saying it was because YOU think it was!! Get back on your bus Blakey!!

:pochfacepalm:

Last edited:
  • deliberately touches the ball with their hand/arm, including moving the hand/arm towards the ball

It even states that;
The laws written state that it wasn't handball, yet you are saying it was because YOU think it was!! Get back on your bus Blakey!!

HERETIC!

It even states that;

It changed:

deliberate...usually... very subjective. dont touch the ball if you dont want to put th erefere in a position to decide... personally if your arsm are not flush with your body.... ie contact between elbows, hands and your body , its a penalty

unfair to critcise Mousa here i feel.... my first through was he was making his frame bigger to force the pass back and not a cross, and given the position on the edge of the box didnt seem to be unreaosnbale .... however seems fair penalty

Back
Top Bottom