Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

All the English papers are saying we are putting the negotiations on hold. The foreign press seem to saying we are close. It does seem like an awful lot of money though.

I watched the Argentina va Chile game just now and although it was a meaningless game so it's hard to judge, I thought he looked good but not record signing good.

He has a beautiful touch, wants to receive the ball and goes looking for it, knows how to win a free kick and is clearly a smart player with raw qualities. For me he's overpriced, he should be no more than £50m if Ndombele has cost us an initial £53.8m.

I like Lo Celso, he'd be a player Spurs fans like and value and he's technically better than all of our attacking options bar Eriksen and Dele when Del is on form but for me if he comes in it'll only mean we see less of Sonny or Lucas. He's a nice player, I hope we get him but I'd prefer Havertz.

He'd be a lovely little footballer but I don't really like the idea of him being a record signing. Nostalgic feelings of Rebrov eat away at my soul. Real Betis are being greedy, he should be valued at around £45m if I'm being realistic with what I saw whilst keenly looking at his mannerisms so we'll see how it pans out.

I watched the Argentina va Chile game just now and although it was a meaningless game so it's hard to judge, I thought he looked good but not record signing good.

He has a beautiful touch, wants to receive the ball and goes looking for it, knows how to win a free kick and is clearly a smart player with raw qualities. For me he's overpriced, he should be no more than £50m if Ndombele has cost us an initial £53.8m.

I like Lo Celso, he'd be a player Spurs fans like and value and he's technically better than all of our attacking options bar Eriksen and Dele when Del is on form but for me if he comes in it'll only mean we see less of Sonny or Lucas. He's a nice player, I hope we get him but I'd prefer Havertz.

He'd be a lovely little footballer but I don't really like the idea of him being a record signing. Nostalgic feelings of Rebrov eat away at my soul. Real Betis are being greedy, he should be valued at around £45m if I'm being realistic with what I saw whilst keenly looking at his mannerisms so we'll see how it pans out.

out of curiosity would you buy messi on that games showing? or would the answer be...

out of curiosity would you buy messi on that games showing? or would the answer be...

Well seeing as Messi got sent off I think you already know what my answer would be to that one mate.

I first mentioned Lo Celso on this Forum last summer (I just checked and it was mid September that I mentioned him first of all) along with Dani Ceballos as players I thought we could target as I saw a little of him at PSG and a couple of games during the season. At the time I thought he looked good but I didn't need watch him like I would a target for the club.

As I mentioned in my message, I know it was a meaningless game and one that is difficult to judge a player on but can't the same be said for a scout who goes to a game and judges someone after 90 minutes and then chooses to walk away or continue watching a player? Anything can change, he could play a stormer but from what I saw I didn't need see a record transfer player. You can only judge based on what you see and I saw a classy little grafter who would fit in very well but not a player that's think I could fall head over heels for. Very direct, excellent control and maybe he can grow but if he comes in as an Eriksen replacement I didn't see enough similarities to reassure me that our chances created will not see a decline.

Lovely, tidy footballer who probably had plenty of room to scope but I can only go on the 90 minutes I watched today and I would be surprised if we smash our transfer record substainally for him like we apparently need to do. Both Betis and Spurs need to manoeuvre a little but that's just how I it after literally watching his every move tonight pal.

Seems we are taking the funds we saved negotiating down Ndombele and Clarke by a few million each and putting it in the Lo Celso kitty.

I agree with you - I think £45m is where this should be landing, but other clubs seem to value him as well (Atleti reportedly bid €55m). If he is a player that Poch wants and another £5m or so gets it over the line, so be it.

I just don’t understand what the rush is, or at least seems to be. He can’t report until July 28 - plenty of time to work out the details.

Seems we are taking the funds we saved negotiating down Ndombele and Clarke by a few million each and putting it in the Lo Celso kitty.

I agree with you - I think £45m is where this should be landing, but other clubs seem to value him as well (Atleti reportedly bid €55m). If he is a player that Poch wants and another £5m or so gets it over the line, so be it.

I just don’t understand what the rush is, or at least seems to be. He can’t report until July 28 - plenty of time to work out the details.

Those extra millions negotiated in previous deals as yoive suggested an make it worthwhile and easier for us to strengthen elsewhere which is what frustrates me when people expect Levy to just pay the money etc, if we end up shaving £5m off of each transfer this summer and end up bringing 5 new faces in etc that's a whole players worth of money we have for when we need it's to be spent. If Poch wants him and we have the cash though I think he'll end up a Spurs player, especially if Eriksen has decided he wants a move.

Just under 5 weeks until the season starts and the window ends,. Things will start to speed up for a few transfers and a few clubs fairly soon I expect.

When you consider Ziyech will cost about 25 mill this summer then LoCelso is very expensive at anything over 40 mill

I thought Ziyech was pretty good against us in both legs, goals and assists. Shame he is a gooner lover

When you consider Ziyech will cost about 25 mill this summer then LoCelso is very expensive at anything over 40 mill

I thought Ziyech was pretty good against us in both legs, goals and assists. Shame he is a gooner lover

Lo Celso will end up being a better buy than Ziyech even if he's more expensive. Lo Celso offers competition in midfield, in a creative role and if need be could probably play as a WF. Ziyech has some lovely attributes but I don't think we need him if we have Sonny, Lucas, Lamela etc in our ranks.

I'd drop £50m on Lo Celso, even more so now Eriksen's exit looms large.

Those extra millions negotiated in previous deals as yoive suggested an make it worthwhile and easier for us to strengthen elsewhere which is what frustrates me when people expect Levy to just pay the money etc, if we end up shaving £5m off of each transfer this summer and end up bringing 5 new faces in etc that's a whole players worth of money we have for when we need it's to be spent. If Poch wants him and we have the cash though I think he'll end up a Spurs player, especially if Eriksen has decided he wants a move.

Just under 5 weeks until the season starts and the window ends,. Things will start to speed up for a few transfers and a few clubs fairly soon I expect.
European window open to Sep so we can still sell after start of our season. It was said Europe would come into line with us, no chance. Why would they

Lo Celso will end up being a better buy than Ziyech even if he's more expensive. Lo Celso offers competition in midfield, in a creative role and if need be could probably play as a WF. Ziyech has some lovely attributes but I don't think we need him if we have Sonny, Lucas, Lamela etc in our ranks.

I'd drop £50m on Lo Celso, even more so now Eriksen's exit looms large.

LoCelso does offer the option to play him in a variety of roles so yes in that sense he would be a better buy

But at 25 mill someone will get a bargain in Ziyech

Back
Top Bottom