Which player(s) did you pretend to be as a kid?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I didn’t dream I was anyone else, because in my mind I was certain I was going to be called up any moment. In my back garden I played with Hoddle - he was actually a brick wall and was surprisingly good at one-two’s and lay offs. Hod the wall didn’t seem to think there was anything unusual about a ten year old boy being in the first team.

I've always just wanted to be Mrs Perryman (although I confess that I wouldn't have minded having Daveed on the side!)
What?!!
fZHVUAB.jpg

Played on my own and used the shed as a goal in my garden. Would imagine we were 3 or 4-0 down to one of our rivals in like the 70th minute, keane and sheringham or keane and defoe would normally get 2 each before I (the 7 or 8 year old super sub) came on and scored the winner

Pavel Nedved, OG ronaldo and a bunch of others.

Used to play Champions League with a friend in the park, one in goal and the other one outfield for each game. The person in outfield would be the commentator.

We would have entire draws for the groups,, write down group stage and then play through all of it, counting goals and points and all. Only each team facing each other once in the group though.

Can't believe we were so meticulous, but I guess we had all the time and passion for football in the world.

It was the grandest of times.

My two year old has recently discovered the joy of booting an inflatable ball around the garden. He takes great pleasure in shouting 'HAWWY KAME' each time he does.

It bodes well, it really does.

Only one player for me.(showing my age though)..if the ball broke and I was within 30 yards of goal I would close my eyes and thump it to a loud shout of "Rivelino". Some of his World Cup free kicks were just superb....guess the younger members would have to 'google' him....but worth watching on Youtube

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom