Retro Spurs photos

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Talking of songs from the charts;

Remember this from the early 80's
Ar*enal Ar*enal,
Ar*enal you're nuffing to be scared of.
Don't you ever
Don't you ever,
Come down to Tottenham
Otherwise we'll getcha

Yup - tis Corrigan.
That season we had a midweek game at home to Coventry. That was the only time I've ever left a game before the final whistle. We were winning 3-2 with a couple of minutes to go, but fart arsing around wasting time. Coventry broke away to equalize. I was so peed off that I walked out of the ground. As I was going up Park Lane, I heard the crowd roar - Falco had scored the winner. I had learnt my lesson.
Only time l left early was when the chavs stuck 6 on us at home. Back in the apparently glorious reign of Alan Sugar. After 5, I thought "we ain't pulling this back", and fucked off home (via my local, several pints and a large doner with large chips)

Talking of Bournemouth, did anyone go to a pre-season friendly back the early 70's can't remember exactly, but there was loads of trouble after the game. We had running battles back to the station, but there was a cricket match on in a local park which got stopped as the cricketers run for safety. The numbers which Hung on the score board were being thrown like frisbees at the Bournemouth fans. That's the day where I met all my mates from South London, been mates ever since.

I went to that. Loads of us got boats out and got chased around the water by the owner. Mental turn out that weekend. Place was in chaos.

Alice Cooper's "School's Out" came out the year I left school so became one of my all time favourite tracks. When I went to see "Rock of Ages" at the theatre, at the end, the orchestra started playing the opening bars of "School's Out", and someone walked on stage. I said to my friend that I thought he looked like Alice Cooper. Then I realised that it was Alice Cooper. It was the 40th anniversary of his first concert in the UK and he decided to celebrate by appearing as the finale.
Sorry, gone right off track, but the previous posts just brought it all back.

Nothing off track about Alice Mrs P !! Like you I left school to Schools Out and have been hooked ever since. Bought every album and seen him live all over the UK. This year, seeing him in Berlin, Brighton and at the O2 (supported by another of my favourites, The Stranglers). My rock n roll hero.

Saw Alice Cooper at Wembley in 89(?!)
Wasn't a fan, but my mates younger brother was,so he was taking him and one of his school mates. So i went along as i had nothing better to do and they had a spare ticket.
Probably the best gig i have ever been to.Superb.
He did his newer stuff to start with,then cam back and did his classics.The video show that led from one set to the other was superb.
For the encore he came on stage waving a massive Union jack and wearing a t shirt that said "DIE, YUPPY SCUM!" . Talk about capturing the mood of a nation.

D-uVNSUWkAAFdmS.jpg

D-uVQPQWkAUA93M.jpg

D-uVQPMXoAAaioq.jpg

D-uVS3IXkAAVhG7.jpg

Back
Top Bottom