Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ooooh, controversial..... And coming directly from a stats site too!
A month after that article was written Dele has the thigh injury and was out 48 days and missed 12 matches. That is when his form dipped a bit, and he only had the 2 assists against Ajax in the CL semis and 2 assists over the last 8 league games.

Here is another one from late November:

Dele Alli is having an MVP season for Tottenham Hotspur

Without that thigh injury in January, I doubt we are even having this conversation.

A month after that article was written Dele has the thigh injury and was out 48 days and missed 12 matches. That is when his form dipped a bit, and he only had the 2 assists against Ajax in the CL semis and 2 assists over the last 8 league games.

Here is another one from late November:

Dele Alli is having an MVP season for Tottenham Hotspur

Without that thigh injury in January, I doubt we are even having this conversation.

Poch has this idea that you have to play Dele into form.....if that takes 6 months, it’s really not a very good idea

And when I have been having arguments all fucking season that he's been our main presser in the side and they say he doesn't press at all!!!

Mood.
caf3d0dbcdf9822a39dd65a60cb0971f.jpg

It's pretty clear he was picking up a lot of the defensive work that used to be done by our midfield. With Ndombele and maybe another proper midfielder in the line-up, he can go back to playing further forward, which would see him back to his previous attacking contribution. Or he could be playing deeper forever, in which case you have a midfield pair of Ndombele, Dele, and all of the swagger in the known universe.

I do tend to buy the "everyone had to put in more defensive work" theory of last season, especially when combined with the tired legs of the most World Cup games played.

There could be some very encouraging bounce-backs coming. If I had to choose one, Dele would be it, because even the shit out of form Kane is plenty good enough.

Big season ahead for him. Hoping he comes back nice and refreshed and injury free after his beers.

Needs to be playing just off Kane and I would like to see his petulance return, seems to up his game when he plays the pantomime villan

I can't believe a 23 year old multi-millionaire is drinking on his only 3 weeks of time off he gets a year for a job that is pretty much 7 days a week the remaining 11 months.

Big season ahead for him. Hoping he comes back nice and refreshed and injury free after his beers.

Needs to be playing just off Kane and I would like to see his petulance return, seems to up his game when he plays the pantomime villan

The fact we seem to be only buying midfielders makes me extremely hopeful that Dele will be in a more attacking role this season.

I'm a bit Trumpian when it comes to Dele. Very little he could do that I wouldn't support.

His ability to score against Chelsea and wind them up makes him a legend in my eyes.

As far as Im aware he's off work, off season and can do what he wants. He has a pre season to sort himself out.......the tragic cunt is the one hiding on a beach with a camera. Probably bought a ticket on the same flight just to spy on him.

Back
Top Bottom