Juan Foyth

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

100% not a RB...at least not for us. Nowhere near dynamic enough.

I still think Aurier can do a job for us. People forget he was in quite good form around the time we beat Dortmund.

I don't think Poch gives a fuck if our players pull off daredevil tackles. He'd probably tell them to go in rougher if he could.

He can play wonderful 89 minutes and then outta nowhere does a brutal huge mistake. It’s a very hard player to read. But very young still

Classic symptom of yer average young player....

Iron out the mis-haps and he's a gem.

Just like Davinson.

Seemingly KWP too, but for some reason Poch has little time for him...

Last edited:
Foyth should not be a long term fullback.

He could be back up for it like how both Jan and Toby are for us. But his future lies more centrally in the pitch.
Bang on, he's simply just doesn't have the pace to be a great FB. I have absolutely no problem with him learning the roll with Argentina, great for his development. One of the reasons why Toby and Jan are so good is because they played RB and LB for Belgium but there is no doubt their position is at CB.

Bang on, he's simply just doesn't have the pace to be a great FB. I have absolutely no problem with him learning the roll with Argentina, great for his development. One of the reasons why Toby and Jan are so good is because they played RB and LB for Belgium but there is no doubt their position is at CB.
Realistically Juan could transition back to a central midfielder as well but I think his future is as one of those center backs that know how to break forward when needed. Like a certain Vertonghen.

Him an Caleta-Cár at Marseille are the two young CBs I know of that have that potential.

Slight exaggeration but I believe he’s completed more take-ons this tournament than Tripps & Serg did all of last season

Not hard when Tripps cant take anyone on and Serge played a handful of minutes.

If Foyth is our benchmark for dangerous Fbs we are in trouble. Like most have said, he should be focusing on keeping a cool head as a CB.

I don't like the idea of a Utility player. Although they can fill voids, they tend to be more general than refined. Look at Dier. His whole career has been hindered by the desire to place him all over the pitch. Instead of being first team for England as a CB he is going to struggle to get game time. At this stage in their careers they should be getting minutes in their best position.

I know btw that Dier was more or less forced in at RB his first year and then in at DM. Our lack of squad depth has hurt his development and I don't want to see the same happen to a very talented Foyth. RB and CB are both in defense, but they are world's apart in technique and positioning

Dier joined as a CB, played many games at RB (used to have a great cross in him-dunno what happened about that) and then moved to midfield.
He made/makes less mistakes than Foyth but if Juan is even close to as good as Dier has been for us we have a great player on our hands.

Back
Top Bottom