Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

20170703-the18-image-jurgen-klopp.jpg

:pochcmon:

I bet he does "I'm still hip, kidz" dancing at the U16s disco too!

Whatever else and assuming the curse of non-signing players is lifted, Pochettino has to show less favouritism going forward.

Arguably his biggest flaw.

I stand by my belief that it will take a lot for Moura to forgive his CL final omission from the starting line-up.

Honestly what Moura did against barca and then what he did at ajax was biblical, one of the most thrilling games of football for a decade. To put him on the bench was criminal.

I think today was massive as far as Pochettino’s future is concerned. His general rhetoric over the last year has heavily implied he wants to see serious investment and backing, otherwise perhaps the project has gone as far as it can.

Well he’s got his (reportedly) number one target, smashing our club record transfer fee at the same time. He’s got a young prospect for the future as well, and it sounds like we’re still trying to bring in more.

We’re not the Sheik Mansour team, so we’re not going to throw £200m in a summer window. However, Levy has backed his manager and delivered a marquee signing that will improve the team.

I’m not going to claim to be too familiar with Ndombele, but I know he’s been seen as one of the most exciting central midfielders in the world and had a number of elite teams looking at him. This transfer is a massive show of support.

In its way I felt like Poch not being there today spoke volumes. Long, hard season over, the manager is on holiday, he hands Levy his list of targets, and the club has gone out and signed #1 on the list before preseason training starts. That's backing in a way that goes beyond just money.

Plenty more to do and plenty more to discuss about the financial side of it, but this is a very positive sign.

Where’s he at today? Imaging signing for Spurs and not having a big sexy Pochettino arm draped across you.

Bet he smells great too. Poor lads.
He's still on his wave rider. Heading back across the atlantic so he can see the presents Levy have delivered. A school of dolphins traveling next to him.

Last edited:
I’m not going to claim to be too familiar with Ndombele, but I know he’s been seen as one of the most exciting central midfielders in the world and had a number of elite teams looking at him. This transfer is a massive show of support.

I'm sure even CE's corner tekkers look great in a highlight reel but if you have five minutes, clap your peepers on this and you'll see why he is compared to Dembele.

So, how did Pochettino convince Ndombele?

"It is difficult to describe but he knows how to touch people, to leave a mark on people. He looked at me in the eyes and said: 'Come with me, I am sure that you will progress.'

"It is these types of little things that made me want to sign over there. I could see that he really, genuinely wanted me, that he genuinely liked me
."

They have quite a young team, with very good players and a very good manager. When a club was a Champions League finalist this season, you have to look at their project. When I look at Tottenham, I see a big European club. It is another dimension. To go to the next level, it was the best choice."

Back
Top Bottom