Judas....Legend ?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Will Judas ever be considered or included in a "best ever" team

• Yes a legend

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Never a legend

Votes: 124 70.9%
  • Yes, include in a "best team" of all time

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Yes include in a "best team of the 90s

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Never include in a best ever team

Votes: 114 65.1%

• Total voters
You only need to hear what he has to say for himself and about himself to realise he's damaged goods.
Personally I think it's wonderful as it means he's doomed to show the world what a massive wanker he is from now until he crawls back under the rock he crawled out from under.

Couldn't give a shit what you look like... You still act like a cunt and accuse people left right and centre of being a multi when they so much as disagree with you. In the meantime, you deflect with pseudo-intellectual bollocks whilst constantly pontificating about spelling and grammar even though yours absolutely fucking sucks!

Nah, kicking off isn't your thing is it? .....A shrinking violet like you wouldn't dream of stirring up a row would you ?

You seem pretty trigger happy with the ol' 'disagree button' too.

[Waits for impending 'disagree']

You missed the point Airfix mi- ole mucks. The point I made to Mrs. P was nothing to do with what I look like but about owning my posts by not hiding behind a cartoon character.

It's fine to have your own opinion and to hold to it.
But don't expect not to get challenged on some of your more extreme ones.
For someone who welcomes debate, why is it that instead of defending your view with reasoned and articulate debate you refuse to, instead you come out with some pseudo intellectual bollocks along the lines of;

I'm still waiting for the answer to my question by the way.

There’s nothing wrong with a good “ pseudo intellectual” answer Stevie. It’s much better than calling someone a cu*nt. But just for you I will re-look at the question as it was put and in the context it was put answering as frankly as I can. ✌️😁

There’s nothing wrong with a good “ pseudo intellectual” answer Stevie. It’s much better than calling someone a cu*nt. But just for you I will re-look at the question as it was put and in the context it was put answering as frankly as I can. ✌😁

I never had an issue with your opinion. I had an issue with you assuming people would ever change their opinions of him. The guy will be hated by the vast majority of Spurs fans long after he’s dead. I don’t disagree that people can be two-faced in the aftermath of a death, but in his case it’s not going to change anything.

I never had an issue with your opinion. I had an issue with you assuming people would ever change their opinions of him. The guy will be hated by the vast majority of Spurs fans long after he’s dead. I don’t disagree that people can be two-faced in the aftermath of a death, but in his case it’s not going to change anything.
I have to say that that is nonsense IMO. No one person can speak for the majority opinion of Spurs supporters. I know plenty that say they hate Sol Campbell and I know absolutely that their hate does not have a capital [H] as in real hate. I was one of them for long enough to know.

In the car wreck death scenario I depicted, I am convinced that those that hate with a capital H will be in the minority and will be look at as - as I said previously- absolutely barmy! True the social sciences have rather too many inconsistent variables for many to accept them (as are the natural sciences), genuine science; but a grounding in basic psychology and sociology together with 50 years of life is IMO more than sufficient for any man to make a sound judgment - even if based on probability!

You only need to hear what he has to say for himself and about himself to realise he's damaged goods.
Personally I think it's wonderful as it means he's doomed to show the world what a massive wanker he is from now until he crawls back under the rock he crawled out from under.
I think I said in an earlier post on this thread, that I can’t stomach the man when interviewed as his mega-ego has overtaken him and that he is an absolute embarrassment to listen to.

You’ve pretty much said the same but worded it differently; the only question then is- is your hate capital [H] and barmy or peer group hate and juvenile?

I have to say that that is nonsense IMO. No one person can speak for the majority opinion of Spurs supporters. I know plenty that say they hate Sol Campbell and I know absolutely that their hate does not have a capital [H] as in real hate. I was one of them for long enough to know.

In the car wreck death scenario I depicted, I am convinced that those that hate with a capital H will be in the minority and will be look at as - as I said previously- absolutely barmy! True the social sciences have rather too many inconsistent variables for many to accept them (as are the natural sciences), genuine science; but a grounding in basic psychology and sociology together with 50 years of life is IMO more than sufficient for any man to make a sound judgment - even if based on probability!

You’re speaking for the majority when you assume most people would change their opinion on Judas in the event of his death. I’d say this is a marginal view, and that the vast majority will continue to hate the chump.

I do see where you’re coming from, but in my view it’s optimistic at best. There’s a lingering bitterness to his departure that won’t go away, regardless of the circumstances. Psychologically a football club is like a religion for its passionate followers, and Sol is a blasphemer, or indeed the word often used to describe a back-stabbing betrayer...Judas.

Nobody should judge you for forgiving him. That’s your right. It’s the assumption that the majority would ever change their opinion on him that is being questioned. I think he’ll forever be a figure of hatred, and for good reason.

I most definitely do not speak for anyone other than myself; it is the social sciences that consistently predict human behaviour correctly and it’s the level of “ hate” that determines if the opinion be changing or not -precisely why I introduced the capital [H] into the scenario.

As to your introducing the concept of blasphemy based on religion into the issue. We use the term “ football is a religion “ very lightly, and always have done so - most definitely we do not extend the concept to include terms like blasphemy- that is total bollocks!

If football is anything - football is community - it’s our community verses their community; leave the religious bollocks to those pricks in Glasgow!

Psychologically a football club is like a religion for its passionate followers, and Sol is a blasphemer, or indeed the word often used to describe a back-stabbing betrayer...Judas.

To add:

If your chosen religion connotation is in reflection to the Israeli flag and Jewish nationalism in relation to my football club - again you are clutching at straws in the opinion stakes.
I’m not Jewish, I’m not Muslim, I’m not Hindu or even Christian;

I’m south London Tottenham Hotspur and my lot have fuck all to do with a fascist apartheid regime !

If that doesn't tell you something then there's no helping you..........

:pochfacepalm:

It tells me the plain obvious: it tells me that most message boards are clique orientated. The many prefer to agree with one another rather than disagree; and when a poster goes against the grain he is bushwhacked by a stand out clique who have an agenda to either reform or ban him.

Yes: it tells the same story over and other again, but then, so do the social sciences!!

It tells me the plain obvious: it tells me that most message boards are clique orientated. The many prefer to agree with one another rather than disagree; and when a poster goes against the grain he is bushwhacked by a stand out clique who have an agenda to either reform or ban him.

Yes: it tells the same story over and other again, but then, so do the social sciences!!

Jesus, it's hardly rocket science....... Bleat an opinion that goes against the popular opinion of any social circle and you'll get criticised.....
You're hardly breaking any new ground in the social sciences mate.... Just offering a contrary opinion..... Doesn't make you right.

But each to their own.

Jesus, it's hardly rocket science....... Bleat an opinion that goes against the popular opinion of any social circle and you'll get criticised.....
You're hardly breaking any new ground in the social sciences mate.... Just offering a contrary opinion..... Doesn't make you right.

But each to their own.

You neglected to address both the terms “ clique and bushwhacking” that’s just a hint mind!

You said nothing in this post.. you merely posted for posting sake; perhaps you’re bored - it’s a lovely day today so why not go sit in the park with your youngens enjoy the weather some beer and ice cream as I’m so doing?

Or at least post something sensible!

You neglected to address both the terms “ clique and bushwhacking” that’s just a hint mind!

You said nothing in this post.. you merely posted for posting sake; perhaps you’re bored - it’s a lovely day today so why not go sit in the park with your youngens enjoy the weather some beer and ice cream as I’m so doing?

Or at least post something sensible!

Ha ha.... Your unbelievable reasoning skills are no match for me.....

:adethumbup:

Back
Top Bottom