WHICH TOTTENHAM PLAYER DID YOU WANT/HOPED WOULDN’T DO WELL.....BUT DID.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don’t understand why any Spurs fan wouldn’t want a player to succeed, but I’m sure there’s some on here that hoped a player failed so they could say they we’re right about him.

So, who is man (or woman) enough to admit they hoped a former or current player was a bust?
You didn’t fancy exhibiting such bravery yourself then ?

You know, to get the ball rolling

Not the best thread imo

In case you couldn’t tell this thread was created as a parody of the other thread.

It seemed that from the title of the other thread that the OP was suggesting that there weren’t players Spurs fans hoped would have success for Tottenham.

Great post. What kind of fan hopes a player plays badly?

One that posts frequently on a forum that they think a signing was a big mistake? The chance to gloat is probably a great joy for them! I am sure we can find dozens of 'I told you so' posts on Sissoko when he played badly!

Other players that spring to mind that were disliked when signed - Ryan Nelson, Lois Saha. Who both actually made decent contributions in their short time.

Of course nobody would actually want a player's bad performance to affect results - but if you want to see a player dropped; maybe you are hoping they have a bad game so that the coach no longer picks them - Trips, Wanyama, Dier this season springs to mind.

One that posts frequently on a forum that they think a signing was a big mistake? The chance to gloat is probably a great joy for them! I am sure we can find dozens of 'I told you so' posts on Sissoko when he played badly!

Other players that spring to mind that were disliked when signed - Ryan Nelson, Lois Saha. Who both actually made decent contributions in their short time.

Of course nobody would actually want a player's bad performance to affect results - but if you want to see a player dropped; maybe you are hoping they have a bad game so that the coach no longer picks them - Trips, Wanyama, Dier this season springs to mind.

#InternetPride

Would never want a Spurs player to do badly but I was pleasantly surprised by Scott Parker in his first season. Thought he was very overrated before we signed him.
I think that is actually a good feeling in football - a player signs for your team and you think oh no, he's no good or not worth the money paid out. He then turns out very well and does a job for the team.
I would always say in this situation that I didn’t think [insert player name] is a good signing, but I will be delighted to be proved wrong.

Last edited:
In case you couldn’t tell this thread was created as a parody of the other thread.
no... we couldn't tell!
It seemed that from the title of the other thread that the OP was suggesting that there weren’t players Spurs fans hoped would have success for Tottenham.
Too many double negatives... I'm lost... are you saying there weren't not Spurs players who fans wouldn't hoped did not have a good career, or have not hoped they would... not the other way around?
#mindblown

Back
Top Bottom