Kieran Trippier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He’s a good player very capable but needs competition. Stick a youngster in there (KWP) and flog Aurier.

Trips a good passer of the ball very fit and intelligent player yes he struggles to beat a man and he can’t do the old school defending stuff but he’s quite adapted to the modern way of playing not surprised at all that juve and Napoli both want him.

It's the errors that concern me the most.... Ironic, considering how much shit Serge widely gets for being a liability.

It's the errors that concern me the most.... Ironic, considering how much shit Serge widely gets for being a liability.
He does but he also has more touches generally than anyone else on the team. Most spurs games on Sky the commentary is “trippier, trippier, trippier again” for 90 mins. He gets stuck in, gets on the ball, gets involved so he’s more likely to make a mistake in a game because he isn’t hiding. Similar to eriksen this season and the criticism he’s got. He’s a good team player who’s too much willing for his own good arguably.

He does but he also has more touches generally than anyone else on the team. Most spurs games on Sky the commentary is “trippier, trippier, trippier again” for 90 mins. He gets stuck in, gets on the ball, gets involved so he’s more likely to make a mistake in a game because he isn’t hiding. Similar to eriksen this season and the criticism he’s got. He’s a good team player who’s too much willing for his own good arguably.

Guess I'm a 'Defenders defend first.. THEN build on that" kinda guy....

As I noted earlier I'd be interested to see an errors that lead to goals/per game stat to compare KT & SA.

I know Serge wins out in terms of goals scored and assists this year even though he's play far less games.... Further irony considering KT is predominantly rated based on his attacking contribution.

Guess I'm a 'Defenders defend first.. THEN build on that" kinda guy....

As I noted earlier I'd be interested to see an errors that lead to goals/per game stat to compare KT & SA.

I know Serge wins out in terms of goals scored and assists this year even though he's play far less games.... Further irony considering KT is predominantly rated based on his attacking contribution.

Aurier - 2 Goals, 3 Assists. (Both goals vs. Tranmere with one deflected)
Trippier - 1 Goal, 5 Assists.

As a defenders defend first kind of guy, you should be able to spot the reason why Trippier plays a lot more than Aurier...he gives the ball away less, switches off less, makes better decisions, fouls less, has a far better delivery and can actually take a throw in,.

Aurier - 2 Goals, 3 Assists. (Both goals vs. Tranmere with one deflected)
Trippier - 1 Goal, 5 Assists.

I stand somewhat corrected; albeit KT required far more game-time to get similar numbers.

As a defenders defend first kind of guy, you should be able to spot the reason why Trippier plays a lot more than Aurier...he gives the ball away less, switches off less, makes better decisions, fouls less, has a far better delivery and can actually take a throw in,.

That doesn't quite stack up when considering the amount of KT errors led to goals.

SA also struggled to stay fit so by default when KT was showing bad form he wasn't losing his place.

All things considered, I think we know all we can expect from KT, yet still I think we could squeeze more out of SA However, ultimately I'm not 100% convinced by either tbh... Ideally I'd like to see Poch commit to 1 of our current 3 as a back-up and recruit a new #1(*).

(*My gut tells me that Serge was intended to be the new #1 post-Walker and whilst it hasn't panned out; this doesn't by proxy make KT good enough for #1 all of a sudden.)

Last edited:
For me, he seems to be the scapegoat when others' failings are very often ignored or minimised. The fact that people are still trying to talk up Serge after everything they've seen with their own eyes so far is bewildering to me.

The less he plays, the less nervous I am. He is always one poor decision away from disaster (seemingly off and on the pitch), for all of Trippier's perceived limitations he is the far superior footballer. Better technically (touch, passing, dead balls) and better defensively (positioning, communication, decision making)...people bang on about Trippier's pace, but Serge's pace is an absolute myth, there's barely anything between them in that respect IMO.

It's a bit sad to see a committed player being singled out and hung out to dry by what seems to be a large section of the fanbase, he'd also have a lot more assists with Harry playing more. Always puts a shift in, never hides and gets some of the worst stuff I've seen on social media.

IF he goes, I'd be sad to see it and think he'd be an asset to any side he joins (and they're all massive clubs being linked with him), but again, I still think Poch likes him, IMO neither of the other two (or Foyth...IMO not a full back) are better, he's homegrown, hits a good dead ball, consistently creates chances and seems to be a model pro.

I don't think we'll be spending the kind of money needed to get a better right back, unless they pull some wonder player out of nowhere who's going to immediately settle in to the club, the league, the country and all the rest of it.

If he stays, at least a lot of people can just copy and paste their posts from the last 2 years to save the hassle of retyping the same shit.

For me, he seems to be the scapegoat when others' failings are very often ignored or minimised. The fact that people are still trying to talk up Serge after everything they've seen with their own eyes so far is bewildering to me.

Equally you could say that Serge's errors are overplayed....

The less he plays, the less nervous I am. He is always one poor decision away from disaster (seemingly off and on the pitch), for all of Trippier's perceived limitations he is the far superior footballer. Better technically (touch, passing, dead balls) and better defensively (positioning, communication, decision making)...people bang on about Trippier's pace, but Serge's pace is an absolute myth, there's barely anything between them in that respect IMO.

It's a bit sad to see a committed player being singled out and hung out to dry by what seems to be a large section of the fanbase, he'd also have a lot more assists with Harry playing more. Always puts a shift in, never hides and gets some of the worst stuff I've seen on social media.

IF he goes, I'd be sad to see it and think he'd be an asset to any side he joins (and they're all massive clubs being linked with him), but again, I still think Poch likes him, IMO neither of the other two (or Foyth...IMO not a full back) are better, he's homegrown, hits a good dead ball, consistently creates chances and seems to be a model pro.

I don't think we'll be spending the kind of money needed to get a better right back, unless they pull some wonder player out of nowhere who's going to immediately settle in to the club, the league, the country and all the rest of it.

If he stays, at least a lot of people can just copy and paste their posts from the last 2 years to save the hassle of retyping the same shit.

You go on to say about players being singled out.... I'm only pointing out individual errors, I'm not expecting KT to shoulder the blame for wide team performances and I'm certainly not in the business of hanging ANY of our players "out to dry".

I'd rather avoid a general crap-shoot about who's the shittiest; I just think RB is a weak spot for us and would like to see it improved. What's more I'm suspect Poch isn't 100% convinced by any of the current crop either.

He can stay but never as first choice. Just not good enough.

There should be no such thing as first choice, it should be a battle. Aurier is always injured and KWP is just a kid so Trippier has no incentive to step up his game. He plays by default because there is no-one else. The high level of competition that we had when Davies/Rose and Walker/Trippier were all fit and jostling for starts brought the best out of all of them.

That's part of the weakness of our squad, players can make mistakes or play poorly and not really feel the heat on the training pitch. Who is breathing down the necks of Alli and Eriksen when they play badly? Lamela is never fit. When Alli was just a kid he forced his way into the team because he was playing so well that you couldn't leave him out, now we can't leave him out because there is literally nobody else who can start.

There should be no such thing as first choice, it should be a battle. Aurier is always injured and KWP is just a kid so Trippier has no incentive to step up his game. He plays by default because there is no-one else. The high level of competition that we had when Davies/Rose and Walker/Trippier were all fit and jostling for starts brought the best out of all of them.

That's part of the weakness of our squad, players can make mistakes or play poorly and not really feel the heat on the training pitch. Who is breathing down the necks of Alli and Eriksen when they play badly? Lamela is never fit. When Alli was just a kid he forced his way into the team because he was playing so well that you couldn't leave him out, now we can't leave him out because there is literally nobody else who can start.
Good point, well made.

I was just being nice. Trippier is fucking gash

He’s a good player very capable but needs competition. Stick a youngster in there (KWP) and flog Aurier.

Trips a good passer of the ball very fit and intelligent player yes he struggles to beat a man and he can’t do the old school defending stuff but he’s quite adapted to the modern way of playing not surprised at all that juve and Napoli both want him.

Struggles to beat a man and defend is kind of damning as a right back.

Equally you could say that Serge's errors are overplayed....

You go on to say about players being singled out.... I'm only pointing out individual errors, I'm not expecting KT to shoulder the blame for wide team performances and I'm certainly not in the business of hanging ANY of our players "out to dry".

I'd rather avoid a general crap-shoot about who's the shittiest; I just think RB is a weak spot for us and would like to see it improved. What's more I'm suspect Poch isn't 100% convinced by any of the current crop either.

But if you look around the PL, and European football in general, where do you see RB's that we could get that would offer a guaranteed upgrade on all facets - defensive, midfield, offensive?

This notion that full backs are "defenders first" is actually pretty outdated, certainly for most proactive teams (of which we are definitely one), our FB's default position is pretty much "midfield". This is a typical positional heat map from one of our games:

FMu5rnO.png

I get you saying "I like my defenders to be able to defend" and in an ideal world we all do, but we also want them to dribble like Messi, cross like Beckham and - the bulk of their work - be box to box midfielders.

People accuse me of being a Trippier "fanboy". I'm not, I'd happily see us upgrade him, and I'd happily see KWP or Aurier actually given a run of games to see if they can, but unlike some I just think as a whole package, Trippier is actually a very decent little footballer, at a time when there aren't exactly a plethora of Danny Alves's or Philip Lahm's around, who gets massively scapegoated, despite doing quite a lot of things pretty well, pretty consistently.

I agree very much with what The Mercurial No.10 The Mercurial No.10 said above. He's technically good, gets through a shitload of ball (more than most in our team), only Eriksen creates more chances in our team, he makes incisive passes in the final third, he's not a supreme athlete but it's not like he's fucking Corluka slow either, he gets up and down.

In our system, fb's will always be exposed, they are pushed up, ahead of the CB, often ahead of the midfield. A lot of the criticism of him is idiotic, the silly bollocks about teams targeting him more than our other flank, teams attack both our flanks because this is where we are structurally weakest. So what are we primarily asking our FB's to do? Our FB's spend most of their time as midfielders and auxiliary attackers - so we have to balance off any defensive qualities with midfield/attacking ones and take a view.

This has always been my position re Trippier. In the middle and final thirds of the pitch he's better than most in this league, and the stats - a whole range of them - back this up. (This season less so - but he's still ahead of Walker for example, despite Trippier having a poor season creatively by his standards and Walker playing for the best team the PL has ever seen.)

So you weigh up what ever he's cost us defensively (and I really don't think in real terms that is very much - 2 errors leading to goals this season for example) against what he gains you in game play in. midfield and chances created in the final third etc. I've always maintained that on balance he pays his way.

Here's the per 90's this season:

zvFTU9W.png

UaKgKIu.png

Aurier's got no "errors" but then he's only played the equivalent of about 7 games, if he'd played as much as Trippier, that might go up. Trippier's made the same as Walker - just Walker's didn't end up in goals. But Trippier sees double the ball Aurier does, and creates more double the chances (treble that of Walker). Trippier tackles and dispossess about the same as Aurier, but more than Walker.

I know some won't agree, but I really don't think having a player like Sissoko next to him has helped his season at all either, and having a mess of a midfield all season, IMO, has been a much more detrimental factor than our FB's. Sure, upgrade the FB's if we can, but that's going to be a lot more difficult than upgrading Sissoko or a non existent midfield. In terms of RB's people can only come up with AWB in the PL and he's nowhere near as good as trippier as a footballer (midfield/attack) or certainly not proven that yet anyway. But we could upgrade Sissoko with a midfielder from many teams throughout this league who would be smarter, technically better, see more of the ball, pass it better, tackle more etc.

All that said, I actually hope he gets a move this summer because he's become a scapegoat, and it's pretty pointless him being at a club where a chunk of the fan base don't like him, rightly or wrongly.

But if you look around the PL, and European football in general, where do you see RB's that we could get that would offer a guaranteed upgrade on all facets - defensive, midfield, offensive?

This notion that full backs are "defenders first" is actually pretty outdated, certainly for most proactive teams (of which we are definitely one), our FB's default position is pretty much "midfield". This is a typical positional heat map from one of our games:

FMu5rnO.png

I get you saying "I like my defenders to be able to defend" and in an ideal world we all do, but we also want them to dribble like Messi, cross like Beckham and - the bulk of their work - be box to box midfielders.

People accuse me of being a Trippier "fanboy". I'm not, I'd happily see us upgrade him, and I'd happily see KWP or Aurier actually given a run of games to see if they can, but unlike some I just think as a whole package, Trippier is actually a very decent little footballer, at a time when there aren't exactly a plethora of Danny Alves's or Philip Lahm's around, who gets massively scapegoated, despite doing quite a lot of things pretty well, pretty consistently.

I agree very much with what The Mercurial No.10 The Mercurial No.10 said above. He's technically good, gets through a shitload of ball (more than most in our team), only Eriksen creates more chances in our team, he makes incisive passes in the final third, he's not a supreme athlete but it's not like he's fucking Corluka slow either, he gets up and down.

In our system, fb's will always be exposed, they are pushed up, ahead of the CB, often ahead of the midfield. A lot of the criticism of him is idiotic, the silly bollocks about teams targeting him more than our other flank, teams attack both our flanks because this is where we are structurally weakest. So what are we primarily asking our FB's to do? Our FB's spend most of their time as midfielders and auxiliary attackers - so we have to balance off any defensive qualities with midfield/attacking ones and take a view.

This has always been my position re Trippier. In the middle and final thirds of the pitch he's better than most in this league, and the stats - a whole range of them - back this up. (This season less so - but he's still ahead of Walker for example, despite Trippier having a poor season creatively by his standards and Walker playing for the best team the PL has ever seen.)

So you weigh up what ever he's cost us defensively (and I really don't think in real terms that is very much - 2 errors leading to goals this season for example) against what he gains you in game play in. midfield and chances created in the final third etc. I've always maintained that on balance he pays his way.

Here's the per 90's this season:

zvFTU9W.png

UaKgKIu.png

Aurier's got no "errors" but then he's only played the equivalent of about 7 games, if he'd played as much as Trippier, that might go up. Trippier's made the same as Walker - just Walker's didn't end up in goals. But Trippier sees double the ball Aurier does, and creates more double the chances (treble that of Walker). Trippier tackles and dispossess about the same as Aurier, but more than Walker.

I know some won't agree, but I really don't think having a player like Sissoko next to him has helped his season at all either, and having a mess of a midfield all season, IMO, has been a much more detrimental factor than our FB's. Sure, upgrade the FB's if we can, but that's going to be a lot more difficult than upgrading Sissoko or a non existent midfield. In terms of RB's people can only come up with AWB in the PL and he's nowhere near as good as trippier as a footballer (midfield/attack) or certainly not proven that yet anyway. But we could upgrade Sissoko with a midfielder from many teams throughout this league who would be smarter, technically better, see more of the ball, pass it better, tackle more etc.

All that said, I actually hope he gets a move this summer because he's become a scapegoat, and it's pretty pointless him being at a club where a chunk of the fan base don't like him, rightly or wrongly.

Accepting the 'cold' nature of stats for the purposes of amicable debate....

- "No errors" is interesting given the rep Serge has for being a proverbial handgrenade to our defensive line.... Vindicating the belief that his rep for blunders is WAAAAY over hyped.

- As for "defending first": I concur the role has or is changing, but I am not left with the same defensive concerns on our left-side (be it Davies or Rose) so IMO improvement can still pressumably be achieved on this front... Whether or not that comes at the expense of attacking intent, that may be the case depending on the individual's skill-set, but Rose (for example) is still far more dogged in terms of genuine attacking intent than KT, who so often stops 2/3s up the pitch and passes backwards and refuses to try and beat a man when one on one.

- With regards to being a master of all trades; I can only account for my own comments on that front... And in light of the above comments about "defense first" that's somewhat moot.... Although I would argue KTs crosses (i.e. the deep ones that aim between the edge of the 18yard box and the pen spot) are more often than not a piece of piss for a defense to deal with; lacking genuine threat.

- Amount of games aside, Serge wins out in virtually ever category above.... This only serves to bolster my suspicions rather than refute them.

Again, as for scapegoating....

Not a valid accusation if directed at myself I'm afraid.

Probably a bit hypocrytical on your part too given the way you shoe-horned yet another swipe at Sissoko into proceedings.

Accepting the 'cold' nature of stats for the purposes of amicable debate....

Your magnanimous acceptance of the use of (neutral and factual) evidence for amicable debate noted.

- "No errors" is interesting given the rep Serge has for being a proverbial handgrenade to our defensive line.... Vindicating the belief that his rep for blunders is WAAAAY over hyped.

Those stats don't say Aurier makes no errors, they just say he didn't make any major that could have led to a goal. I think most of us have seen Aurier make errors.

- As for "defending first": I concur the role has or is changing, but I am not left with the same defensive concerns on our left-side (be it Davies or Rose) so IMO improvement can still pressumably be achieved on this front... Whether or not that comes at the expense of attacking intent, that may be the case depending on the individual's skill-set, but Rose (for example) is still far more dogged in terms of genuine attacking intent than KT, who so often stops 2/3s up the pitch and passes backwards and refuses to try and beat a man when one on one.

Unfortunately Squawka don't seem to have Danny Rose in their database (Squawka's been fucking erratic ever since they revamped) but he has definitely made as many serious errors as Trippier - Southampton away was the most glaring example. But generally, he's definitely not without flaws, he doesn't close down opposing crossers very well for example.

Personally I don't think Rose has ever been brilliant defensively, and unlike Trippier, there has never been a great offensive payoff. He gives the ball away more than anyone bar Kane I think.

- With regards to being a master of all trades; I can only account for my own comments on that front... And in light of the above comments about "defense first" that's somewhat moot.... Although I would argue KTs crosses (i.e. the deep ones that aim between the edge of the 18yard box and the pen spot) are more often than not a piece of piss for a defense to deal with; lacking genuine threat.

As far as Trippier's crossing goes, very, very few players are super efficient. but as FB's go, until TAA came along, no right back was close to Trippier assist rate, or crossing consistency from RB. And TAA still creates less chances than Trippier. So it's one thing saying most of his crosses don't find their target, but you have to acknowledge the standard generally is worse amongst most right backs (most players for crossing) and Trippier still creates more chances )by whatever means) than every other RB in this league (I believe). I don't think AWB is going to improve this and I don't think Aurier will. Maybe KWP might, or maybe someone like Atal (Nice) but then will there be defensive compromise ?

- Amount of games aside, Serge wins out in virtually ever category above.... This only serves to bolster my suspicions rather than refute them.

7 games really isn't the most viable sample size. You say Aurier comes out on top in most metrics but I'd say look a little deeper. The defensive metrics Aurier wins he wins by narrow margins, the offensive metrics he loses he loses quite heavily and they are two very fundamental ones to us as a team. Chances created and passes. The assist metrics, over longer periods - last season for example - Trippier pissed.

Trippier gets through double the ball per 90 that Aurier does (53 completed/28). What does that mean - it means he is helping us do more of what we try to do, play through midfield, dominate possession and construct chances.

That said, as I said above, I would have no problem with Aurier being given a proper run of games to see whether he can develop some consistency and improve areas of weakness through regular football.

Again, as for scapegoating....

Not a valid accusation if directed at myself I'm afraid.

I wasn't aiming the scapegoating at you, just a general comment about here and the wider fanbase.

Probably a bit hypocrytical on your part too given the way you shoe-horned yet another swipe at Sissoko into proceedings.

It would be hypocritical if applied a different set of values - respectively - to my appraisal of each player and their remits. I firmly believe I haven't done this. It would also be somewhat invalidated if I didn't try to back up my appraisal of each with evidence - both anecdotal and factual.

I think I've actually pointed out the reverse hypocrisy in this case. I believe their is a massive imbalance of perception and reality - and these two are the polars in that respect. One I think is a perfectly decent footballer in isolation and in terms of the industry standard - but is absolutely vilified. The other I believe is individually poor in almost every attribute (technical and performance - and a raft of facts back this up) and by the industry standards. But is adored by many.

I "shoehorned" Sissoko in because of his immediate relativity (geographical) to Trippier and ergo his performance (for example, I posted elsewhere in the Cl final Sissoko - the RCM - passed to Trippir - the RB - once in 90 minutes), and in relation to my belief that our midfield - specifically Sissoko - is a bigger problem than RB.

Those stats don't say Aurier makes no errors, they just say he didn't make any major that could have led to a goal. I think most of us have seen Aurier make errors.

I'm aware of that... "Errors" being shorthand for the criteria we're discussing. You used the same in your posts.

Personally I don't think Rose has ever been brilliant defensively, and unlike Trippier, there has never been a great offensive payoff. He gives the ball away more than anyone bar Kane I think.

How great it is is in debate, no?

As far as Trippier's crossing goes, very, very few players are super efficient. but as FB's go, until TAA came along, no right back was close to Trippier assist rate, or crossing consistency from RB. And TAA still creates less chances than Trippier. So it's one thing saying most of his crosses don't find their target, but you have to acknowledge the standard generally is worse amongst most right backs (most players for crossing) and Trippier still creates more chances )by whatever means) than every other RB in this league (I believe). I don't think AWB is going to improve this and I don't think Aurier will. Maybe KWP might, or maybe someone like Atal (Nice) but then will there be defensive compromise ?

Less crossing + more penetration and link up in the attacking 3rd would be my preference.

7 games really isn't the most viable sample size. You say Aurier comes out on top in most metrics but I'd say look a little deeper. The defensive metrics Aurier wins he wins by narrow margins, the offensive metrics he loses he loses quite heavily and they are two very fundamental ones to us as a team. Chances created and passes. The assist metrics, over longer periods - last season for example - Trippier pissed.

Sure a larger sample size would be preferable, but Auriers numbers improving needn't be seen as a negative....

Numberof passes by itself is a pretty hollow stat; hardly "fundamental"

Trippier gets through double the ball per 90 that Aurier does (53 completed/28). What does that mean - it means he is helping us do more of what we try to do, play through midfield, dominate possession and construct chances.

Not necessarily, no.

That said, as I said above, I would have no problem with Aurier being given a proper run of games to see whether he can develop some consistency and improve areas of weakness through regular football.

As per earlier posts, this is largely my point... We know what KT is and offers, yet Serge's true ceiling remains to be seen. I also question how 'dodgy' SA actually is.

I wasn't aiming the scapegoating at you, just a general comment about here and the wider fanbase.

Fair enough.

It would be hypocritical if applied a different set of values - respectively - to my appraisal of each player and their remits. I firmly believe I haven't done this. It would also be somewhat invalidated if I didn't try to back up my appraisal of each with evidence - both anecdotal and factual.

I think I've actually pointed out the reverse hypocrisy in this case. I believe their is a massive imbalance of perception and reality - and these two are the polars in that respect. One I think is a perfectly decent footballer in isolation and in terms of the industry standard - but is absolutely vilified. The other I believe is individually poor in almost every attribute (technical and performance - and a raft of facts back this up) and by the industry standards. But is adored by many

I "shoehorned" Sissoko in because of his immediate relativity (geographical) to Trippier and ergo his performance (for example, I posted elsewhere in the Cl final Sissoko - the RCM - passed to Trippir - the RB - once in 90 minutes), and in relation to my belief that our midfield - specifically Sissoko - is a bigger problem than RB.

"Shoe-horned".... You're kidding no-one. We were comparing KT to SA. Sissoko's relevance here is minimal at best, but you can't help yourself.

FWIW, Sissoko has been excellent in supporting his RB.

How great it is is in debate, no?

It is, but I'm offering evidence that supports my theory. He remains that RB that creates the most chances in this league (1.8 per game - there's only 13 players - and it's a pretty impressive list - that better that in this league) And up until this season he was the most productive RB in terms of assists too. I accept that's dropped off this season, but even then only TAA and Pereira have more I think and both have played more minutes.

Less crossing + more penetration and link up in the attacking 3rd would be my preference.

That's great, but which RB's do this more than Trippier?

Numberof passes by itself is a pretty hollow stat; hardly "fundamental"

Which is why I qualified it a little (so it wouldn't be by itself). We are a possession based team that like to dominate the ball, who construct via our FB's, therefore in this case I think it's relevant. And it becomes even more relevant when one of your CM's is not technically comfortable on the ball.

Not necessarily, no.

OK, if you disagree then elaborate.

"Shoe-horned".... You're kidding no-one. We were comparing KT to SA. Sissoko's relevance here is minimal at best, but you can't help yourself.

What I said made perfect sense. Sissoko role as a right sided midfielder is intrinsically linked to Trippier's as RB.

FWIW, Sissoko has been excellent in supporting his RB.

This is a false perception. He is not an intelligent reader of the game, he presses badly, he engages the opposition slowly, he doesn't want the ball off the CB;'s or Trippier when we (or he) are getting pressured. All of this I am seeing I have explained, I have posted freeze frames of him standing and pointing people away when he is in space to receive the ball, I have posted all his metrics - none of which are good, even by bottom table midfielders standards. He's not even good, by any standard definition of what other midfielders do at this level he's very bad.

You need to explain to me how he's been excellent.

In the CL final, Tripps looked very solid. He attacked the aerial balls that came to him with vigor and won nearly all of them, as I recall.

Sure we might be able to upgrade on him, but I can't see it being cost-effective given our CL registration issues and inability/unwillingness to spend in the transfer market.

Is Levy really gonna throw down 30m for a new RB? No way, imo.

Back
Top Bottom