Spurs Youth 2018/19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see it with Georgiou. For me he's a very functional player who doesn't really have a trick in him or any outstanding qualities. Could probably do well at League One or Two level if he decided to play left-back. Club have let him get to 22 without making a real decision on him which hasn't helped him.

I don't see it with Georgiou. For me he's a very functional player who doesn't really have a trick in him or any outstanding qualities. Could probably do well at League One or Two level if he decided to play left-back. Club have let him get to 22 without making a real decision on him which hasn't helped him.
I totally undrrstand but i think like danny rose the penny will drop defensivly so to speak

Looks like one of the next things on the Youth Agenda (other than maybe individual development squad players going on loan) will be the announcement of the new First Year Academy where best guesses are :

Isak Solberg (GK)
Timothee Lo'Totula (GK)
Tobi Oluwayemi (GK)
Dermi Lusala (RB/CB/DM)
Marques Muir (CB)
Kalum Cesay (RB/CM)
Jeremy Kyezu (LB)
Michael Craig (CB/DM)
Matthew Craig (CM/AM)
Romaine Mundle (mid)
Nile John (AM)
Max Robson (AM)
Eddie Carrington-Alberdi
Tarrelle Whitaker (CF)
Often there are one or two not above who are recruited and one or two of the above may not make it into Spurs Academy. But that's the initial list of 14 , of whom about half have made their Spurs u18 debuts.
Thanks for this, a bit different to what Lilywhite Rose posted (they didn't include Robson and Kyezu).

EDIT: Sorry, it was Muir and not Robson where the discrepancy was.

I am hoping Robson will be in.

As an aside, saw this on Albert Rachi: Rangers interested in Tottenham Hotspur's Albert Rachi - report

Last edited:
Thanks for this, a bit different to what Lilywhite Rose posted (they didn't include Robson and Kyezu).

I am hoping Robson will be in.

As an aside, saw this on Albert Rachi: Rangers interested in Tottenham Hotspur's Albert Rachi - report

Thanks. Its all a bit of guesswork atm. We agree on 12 players but I have Muir and Kyezu in addition.

Marques Muir made a Spurs u18 appearance in April which is why I've included him (if you recall it was rumoured we had released him even though he's an E u16), so think LillywhiteRose may be wrong on that player (nb we've both included Max Robson).

Jeremy Kyezu included as he's been playing in several youth tournaments for Spurs this year (see a random tweeter below - not sure if you recognise him ?!), and there are no other LB's, and with Cirkin starting to play u23's there's a gap at Spurs u18. But its still educated guesswork rather than certainty

Both Muir and Kyezu played for Spurs in the u17 Futures Cup in Amsterdam in April this year as well as pretty much all the other players listed above.

I thought Rachi had left a few months ago ?

Last edited:
I really hope Edwards gets a chance on pre-season with the prospect of Eriksen moving on opening the door. Because if Eriksen leaves that's one of Poch's undroppables sorting an issue out. Don't get me wrong - Eriksen is superb and one of the best I've seen, but with Kane and Alli he can have bad games and not be hooked. Whereas Son and Lucas rarely start together because those three are automatic selections in spite of form. Edwards fits in with this on paper because given Lamela's injury record he might well find himself on the bench and needed as an attacking substitute thus an opportunity to prove himself.

I really hope Edwards gets a chance on pre-season with the prospect of Eriksen moving on opening the door. Because if Eriksen leaves that's one of Poch's undroppables sorting an issue out. Don't get me wrong - Eriksen is superb and one of the best I've seen, but with Kane and Alli he can have bad games and not be hooked. Whereas Son and Lucas rarely start together because those three are automatic selections in spite of form. Edwards fits in with this on paper because given Lamela's injury record he might well find himself on the bench and needed as an attacking substitute thus an opportunity to prove himself.

Agree, but there's actually 3 youth AM's of a similar age who I think could be vying for a place in the squad - Edwards, Sashoua and Roles, the first two had very decent loans last season whilst Roles had a very good season with u23's in their absence. There is Georgiou as well but he's too much of a traditional winger for Poch I think

Edwards and Sashoua have a number of similarities in their game, largely dictated by their relatively small size whilst Roles is more of a standard 5 foot 10 inches and a more robust player. But all 3 of them have shown enough to suggest they could play a role (no puns) at Spurs next season.

Hopefully we'll see a bit of all 3 in pre-season, and more to the point allow Poch to see how they cope in games as well as training

The extent we see one or more of them depends on the TW as well, if Eriksen leaves and just Lo Censo (for example) comes in then, its inevitable that we see one or more of them during the season given Lamela's injury record, and if one of them is not on loan I think Poch will play them in the domestic cups to some extent.

Agree, but there's actually 3 youth AM's of a similar age who I think could be vying for a place in the squad - Edwards, Sashoua and Roles, the first two had very decent loans last season whilst Roles had a very good season with u23's in their absence. There is Georgiou as well but he's too much of a traditional winger for Poch I think

Edwards and Sashoua have a number of similarities in their game, largely dictated by their relatively small size whilst Roles is more of a standard 5 foot 10 inches and a more robust player. But all 3 of them have shown enough to suggest they could play a role (no puns) at Spurs next season.

Hopefully we'll see a bit of all 3 in pre-season, and more to the point allow Poch to see how they cope in games as well as training

The extent we see one or more of them depends on the TW as well, if Eriksen leaves and just Lo Censo (for example) comes in then, its inevitable that we see one or more of them during the season given Lamela's injury record, and if one of them is not on loan I think Poch will play them in the domestic cups to some extent.

My personal thoughts on Edwards are that if he were a new signing, or if a new manager were to come in, and he were to have a 'clean slate' so to speak, he would *of course* be included in first team pre-season. He is absolutely good enough IMO if someone like GK Nkoudou is and if someone like George Marsh. Not just that, he's a player of enormous untapped potential so we'd be trying to maximise value and exposure. But the reality is that there's baggage there (let's assume on both sides) and pre-conceptions that everyone needs to move beyond. My gut tells me that he should and will move on for the good of his own career, but I truly hope he stays and carves out a career at Spurs. Not least because even in the short term he'd be an incredible bench option to come on and try to beat tired defenders if we were looking for a goal.

On Sam Shashoua, I think there's much more of a chance for him to have involvement. He's not had the early hype or negative press, he did force a loan move himself but -- from what we know -- in an amicable way, and he has clearly developed on that loan.

And on Jack Roles, Lilywhite Rose on Twitter has been told that he'll get a season-long loan. I am fully sold on this idea and think it is best for him. My preference for this would be for it to be arranged as early as possible and for Roles to spend pre-season at his loan club to embed himself in their squad and within their philosophy. I would hope that this is a League One club. I've previously said that Wycombe would be ideal as they try to play football but have a lack of goals in their squad.

My personal thoughts on Edwards are that if he were a new signing, or if a new manager were to come in, and he were to have a 'clean slate' so to speak, he would *of course* be included in first team pre-season. He is absolutely good enough IMO if someone like GK Nkoudou is and if someone like George Marsh. Not just that, he's a player of enormous untapped potential so we'd be trying to maximise value and exposure. But the reality is that there's baggage there (let's assume on both sides) and pre-conceptions that everyone needs to move beyond. My gut tells me that he should and will move on for the good of his own career, but I truly hope he stays and carves out a career at Spurs. Not least because even in the short term he'd be an incredible bench option to come on and try to beat tired defenders if we were looking for a goal.

On Sam Shashoua, I think there's much more of a chance for him to have involvement. He's not had the early hype or negative press, he did force a loan move himself but -- from what we know -- in an amicable way, and he has clearly developed on that loan.

And on Jack Roles, Lilywhite Rose on Twitter has been told that he'll get a season-long loan. I am fully sold on this idea and think it is best for him. My preference for this would be for it to be arranged as early as possible and for Roles to spend pre-season at his loan club to embed himself in their squad and within their philosophy. I would hope that this is a League One club. I've previously said that Wycombe would be ideal as they try to play football but have a lack of goals in their squad.

Cant disagree with any of that.

Do you think there would be an advantage in Roles getting a Championship loan (Swansea for example, if James goes to ManU there is a space to be filled, and we have a decent relationship with Caulker and CCV going there on loan.). Or do you think there is too much risk he doesn't play enough in Championship but would in League 1 ?

BTW did I convince you that Muir and Kyezu might be in next seasons Academy Year 1 (especially as they played in u17 Future Cup in April) or have you heard anything to the contrary ?

IMO Parrott and Etete might well be playing mostly u23 football next season (u18's not challenging enough for either) which would leave Whittaker and Asante as the main u18 strikers (possibly supplemented by Dane Scarlett from next seasons u16's ?). I did wonder if we might get in another striker as it seems to me that playing one striker per team has seemed to mean we only recruit one per year group often, which means we can easily get 'short'. Have you heard anything to suggest we might ?

Cant disagree with any of that.

Do you think there would be an advantage in Roles getting a Championship loan

Any chance of a London club so he'd still be local? Charlton got promoted playing decent stuff, QPR got Warburton who did very well at Brentford, Brentford themselves try to play decent stuff, and there's also Scott Parker at Fulham?

On Roles, you can’t teach instinct. He clearly has the knack to score goals. That should translate to the level he is best suited. Sounds like L1 or Champ? I would love Scott helping us out with a year at th cottage.

Here's a list of all non-1st team players who have been given contracts over the last 3 years that have been announced on the OS.

Edwards, Marcus2020
Georgiou, Anthony Michael2020
Shashoua, Samuel2020
Tanganga, Japhet2020
Tracey, Shilow2020
Whiteman, Alfie 2020
Amos, Luke Ayodele2021
Sterling, Kazaiah 2021
Eyoma, Timothy Joel 2021
Marsh, George Owen 2021
Oakley-Boothe, Tashan2021
Parrott, Troy Daniel2021
Roles, Jack2021
Skipp, Oliver William 2021

Edit: Forgot to add CCV and Onomah both 2021.

Last edited:
Dean Parrett
Jordan Archer
Andros Townsend
Ryan Mason
Steven Caulker
Yaser Kasim
Jonathan Miles
Kyle Fraser-Allen

Are ones that I recognise.

Status
Not open for further replies.