New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'll say one thing after the Champions League final - that Wanda Metropolitano its an absolute lump of shit compared to our new stadium. Its like some soulless concrete shell - and the facilities were scarce to say the least.

Roll on August....
The biggest difference between the two IMO wasn't the actual stadium (although ours is several notches up) but it's what is outside. It gets said so many times but it's still hard to really quantify but our "soul" remains. This 'soul' is everything except the bricks, mortar, concrete and steel and glass. It's the walk up to the stadium from whatever station your personal route takes, be that through a series of alleyways and short cuts weaving your way through the houses, parks and cemeteries, or boldly down The High Road. These pathways all have well over a hundred years of history, both good and bad that all make up us today.

I'd go so far as to say the new stadium has supercharged our soul, it's more of a thing now when The High Road is now closed off as you approach on match day. Look at the scenes from the CL viewing, seething with Spurs fans on the streets and in the pubs hours before KO!!! The irony is that it's now this is what is being moaned about, the queue to the station, the queue for the bar but it these things that are of legend that make up the I was there moments that form the soul of the club.

The Atleti stadium is 20kms(?) from their old place it's in the middle of a waste land, it's a typical new stadium without any soul or history.

trolleybus_outside_spurs_oct_1948.jpg

whitehart-lane-stadium-north-london-uk-1-june-2019-thousands-of-tottenham-hotspur-fans-arrive-at-the-clubs-whitehart-lane-stadium-in-tottenham-in-north-london-to-watch-live-screenings-of-the-champions-league-final-between-tottenham-and-liverpool-this-evening-in-madrid-credit-dinendra-hariaalamy-live-news-TBE6R0.jpg

Last edited:
The biggest difference between the two IMO wasn't the actual stadium (although ours is several notches up) but it's what is outside. It gets said so many times but it's still hard to really quantify but our "soul" remains. This 'soul' is everything except the bricks, mortar, concrete and steel and glass. It's the walk up to the stadium from whatever station your personal route takes, be that through a series of alleyways and short cuts weaving your way through the houses, parks and cemeteries, or boldly down The High Road. These pathways all have well over a hundred years of history, both good and bad that all make up us today.

I'd go so far as to say the new stadium has supercharged our soul, it's more of a thing now when The High Road is now closed off as you approach on match day. Look at the scenes from the CL viewing, seething with Spurs fans on the streets and in the pubs hours before KO!!! The irony is that it's now this is what is being moaned about, the queue to the station, the queue for the bar but it these things that are of legend that make up the I was there moments that form the soul of the club.

The Atleti stadium is 20kms(?) from their old place it's in the middle of a waste land, it's a typical new stadium without any soul or history.
It's just a standard road, no real pubs and then this big wasteland with a stadium. Our stadium being on the same site is so important.

I were too busy climbing up the many flights of stairs to the dispensary post match to cause trouble
Once I got there and didn't see any ladies being attended to a dozen blokes ( which I assumed would be the case with Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman and all you lot), I assumed it was a pre, not post match thing. So I had a pint and fucked off

I were too busy climbing up the many flights of stairs to the dispensary post match to cause trouble
Once I got there and didn't see any ladies being attended to a dozen blokes ( which I assumed would be the case with Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman and all you lot), I assumed it was a pre, not post match thing. So I had a pint and fucked off
The plan was to meet post match, but given the circumstances, I think we all fucked off home.

Although your description of the TFC Dispensary Drinking Club is pretty accurate. :townhmm:

Back
Top Bottom