Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've had dealings with him in the real world he's a cunt with a chip on his shoulder.

I don't care if he's a 'cunt with a chip on his shoulder' or not. He's had a really good season, and as long as he keeps giving it everything and performing (which he has been) then I'd love to see him stay at the club.

I also have complete respect for him talking openly about mental health etc. It's refreshing to be honest, and that kind of honesty and openness needs to be encouraged.

I don't care if he's a 'cunt with a chip on his shoulder' or not. He's had a really good season, and as long as he keeps giving it everything and performing (which he has been) then I'd love to see him stay at the club.

I also have complete respect for him talking openly about mental health etc. It's refreshing to be honest, and that kind of honesty and openness needs to be encouraged.

Good for you don't tell me to grow up for not sharing your opinion tho.

I have a lot of respect for Danny and the way he has handled himself at the club in the last year. He was the player who dragged us back into the game against Ajax by showing some desire and want that got the crowd going and injected some spark into the performance. Yes he may not be perfect at times and does make mistakes but his CL performances showed something we have missed at times.

Also his coming out publicly about his mental health issues was brave put a lot of things into perspective.

I like the guy.

I also think having read the comment before the CL final that the he was talking to another club last summer (so we must have agreed a fee) and they wanted to know if he was crazy put these comments into perspective a bit.

He obviously realises that he the club are/have been looking at alternatives to him so to say he doesn't know if he will be here or not doesn't seem like he's stirring, just being quite honest.

Just seems such a shame that one of our longest serving players at one of our most successful periods could end up leaving with such split opinion of him.

I also think having read the comment before the CL final that the he was talking to another club last summer (so we must have agreed a fee) and they wanted to know if he was crazy put these comments into perspective a bit.

He obviously realises that he the club are/have been looking at alternatives to him so to say he doesn't know if he will be here or not doesn't seem like he's stirring, just being quite honest.

Just seems such a shame that one of our longest serving players at one of our most successful periods could end up leaving with such split opinion of him.

He's had a couple of average seasons a couple of excellent seasons and a couple of bad seasons , he's on the wane imo and it's time to move him on , far from irreplaceable.

His outburst irritate me and I refuse to excuse him because he claims to have mental health issues , we all have mental health issues.

He's had a couple of average seasons a couple of excellent seasons and a couple of bad seasons , he's on the wane imo and it's time to move him on , far from irreplaceable.

His outburst irritate me and I refuse to excuse him because he claims to have mental health issues , we all have mental health issues.

With all due respect, no we don't.

I like Danny Rose. Like any player, if we can improve upon him then we should. However, I don't see this being possible this season.

His crossing is and has always been poor. He makes great runs and gets up the wing with lots of energy only to be let down with his delivery. Look what Super Jan did to Dortmund when he stepped into the role. If we can find a fullback with consistent crossing ability it would be a great weapon for our team.

A big issue is losing his homegrown status. If we are looking to sell Trippier also we'll be royally screwed in finding English replacements. The only right back who falls into this category who could be obtainable is Wan Bassaka (At a very hefty fee). Yes, we could lose two English fullbacks but that may mean balancing the squad with English players in other areas. Meaning signings we are rumored to be interested in may have to be shelved.

I think we need to prioritize our needs, that has to be midfield then right back. Danny stays for at least another year for me.

Edit: I forgot about Sessegnon.

Last edited:
Doesn't sound like you know anything about mental health. I hope nobody close to you develops any mental health issues and needs support to get through it, because you'll be fuck all use to them, you insensitive cunt

Based on what ? Nothing! you are simply pulling words out of your arse

Danny Rose probably has got mental health issues but it doesn't excuse him for everything he's said and done same as Tyson Fury.

Mental illness is a real thing , a serious thing but it's also a new trump card that people can play.

I think he is open with his views. But in a good way. Making people aware of issues. He is doing really well for us so i want him to stay. Maybe all this coming out is because for some reason he does not quite know where he stands.

Someone will pay Danny Rose more than £60k pw there’s no doubt about that!

The wage structure we have is too sheen to expect CL level on a regular basis in this era. I expect Danny to move on.

Back
Top Bottom