Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Looked knackered, got zero service, needs a break .... nothing new to see here ....
Agreed. What I find interesting is how some people watch a game and judge it based on if a goalscorer scored. From what I can remember Kane had perhaps one shot at goal. That can't be solely down to him.

The long balls to Kane stretched our team out far to spread and it didn't need allow for the support play to build. Sterling and Sancho were barely seen, Rice snuffed out no danger and let himself become a ball watcher and our defence was a shambles at times.

Kane didn't sparkle but let's be honest he didn't need exactly have the opportunity to all things considered. For me Southgate really showed himself up tonight with his decision making processes. A midfield of Rice, Delph and Barkley looks like something you'd expect in an under 21s game, not a semi final of a tournament we could have actually won.

The team tonight should have been

Pickford
Chilwell
Maguire
Gomez/ Stones
Alexander-Arnold/ Walker
Winks
Henderson
Maddison
Sterling
Sancho
Rashford

I'm not Maddison's biggest fan but Delph & Barkley? Rice ahead of Winks or Henderson? The bloke showed himself up big time with a few choices, choices that were made way before the kick off. I won't have a moan about it as these things happen but how can he honestly select Delph when he hasn't started a Premier League game since 2018? That to me simply doesn't make sense. Maddison created more chances than anyone in the Premier League yet he isn't even selected? The mind boggles at the thought of why he didn't take these things into consideration but it's up to him, he's the gaffer.

Rice and Delph in your midfield though :s

Kind of sad seeing this guy's decline in 2019. Been the worst year for him.

Worst year for him, for Dele, for Eriksen, probably for Vertonghen and Dier as well based on their injury records this year yet we still got top 4 and to a Champions League final.

Depends on how you look at it but I think it bodes really well for our future that our main stars can be seen to have such an indifferent season riddled with a lack of form, injuries and recovery time yet we still outperformed most. With Hazard leaving the chavs and Woolwich failing to get top 4 I'd say we are in great shape as we look forward to our first full season of having actual home advantage in a full capacity stadium for the first time 3 years.

Get a solid rest Harry, if anyone in world football deserves one it's you and the boys.

And yet this is what he said after the CL game:

The striker said: "Physically I feel good. It was a tough game, it was hot out there.

"I feel good. The injury is never easy, I was out for eight weeks nearly.

"You do as much as you can, rehab and training and you want to be part of the team, you want to get back with them as soon as possible.

"I have trained now for a couple of weeks, obviously played on Saturday, I’ve had no problems and physically I feel fine."

Well, if he keeps up this level of anonymity next season whilst he is "fine" and feeling "good", it may be curtains for the player of old. Poch would need to reinvent Harry and the man himself has to be honest about it.

This another reason depth and quality in the squad is needed. We should have enough to get through a chunk of games without him. We have however shot ourselves in the foot with bulking up wages with performance bonuses... it means players are really fecked off when not playing. Tricky really, we want them to be keen but also realise it’s for the greater good

The striker said: "Physically I feel good. It was a tough game, it was hot out there.

"You do as much as you can, rehab and training and you want to be part of the team, you want to get back with them as soon as possible.

"I have trained now for a couple of weeks, obviously played on Saturday, I’ve had no problems and physically I feel fine."

Well, if he keeps up this level of anonymity next season whilst he is "fine" and feeling "good", it may be curtains for the player of old. Poch would need to reinvent Harry and the man himself has to be honest about it.

I don't think he knows when to rest, he always says he feels fine but it's pretty evident to anybody with eyeballs that he isn't, especially when you compare him to Kane of 2 seasons ago, he had more pace, quicker on the turn and always looked a threat, I have barely noticed him playing this season other than over a period of a few months where he looked incredibly sharp which tells me it is down to fitness.

Either that or he is declining which I genuinely hope isn't the case because I love the man and want him back to his best.

He's just come back from an ankle injury and there's talks of him "declining"

Really?

You're only as good as your last game, I guess

Someone else said hes declining, but obviously he isnt. He is just acting like a moron. Yea yea Im ready , lets go. And Poch is then playing him(and not taking him off when hes rubbish) instead of using his eyes and letting him rest. Kane ends up looking like a rubbish player when unfit and we pay the price for having a rubbish player on the field.

I think Harry does need to take stock and see how he can avoid the ankle injuries, and more importantly he needs to look at his overall game. He is one of the world's top strikers but that doesn't mean he cannot improve and adapt because the fact that he now is famous, he is a marked man and the opposition are working out ways to limit his threat.

sun8.jpg

Agreed. What I find interesting is how some people watch a game and judge it based on if a goalscorer scored. From what I can remember Kane had perhaps one shot at goal. That can't be solely down to him.

The long balls to Kane stretched our team out far to spread and it didn't need allow for the support play to build. Sterling and Sancho were barely seen, Rice snuffed out no danger and let himself become a ball watcher and our defence was a shambles at times.

Kane didn't sparkle but let's be honest he didn't need exactly have the opportunity to all things considered. For me Southgate really showed himself up tonight with his decision making processes. A midfield of Rice, Delph and Barkley looks like something you'd expect in an under 21s game, not a semi final of a tournament we could have actually won.

The team tonight should have been

Pickford
Chilwell
Maguire
Gomez/ Stones
Alexander-Arnold/ Walker
Winks
Henderson
Maddison
Sterling
Sancho
Rashford

I'm not Maddison's biggest fan but Delph & Barkley? Rice ahead of Winks or Henderson? The bloke showed himself up big time with a few choices, choices that were made way before the kick off. I won't have a moan about it as these things happen but how can he honestly select Delph when he hasn't started a Premier League game since 2018? That to me simply doesn't make sense. Maddison created more chances than anyone in the Premier League yet he isn't even selected? The mind boggles at the thought of why he didn't take these things into consideration but it's up to him, he's the gaffer.

Rice and Delph in your midfield though :s

I don’t have an issue with Barkley, he was very good in the first half, it’s Rice and Delph that were the problem. In the modern game the DM ideally should be able to pass like Winks does for us not like Rice who looked well out of his depth, he is too similar to Dier and the 3rd CM should be creative like Maddison, Foden or Grealish not limited like Delph. It was this that handed the midfield to the Dutch.

as a DM nowadays you need both to defend/protect the back 4 (like Dier used too) and keep the ball moving like winks, being able to do one or the other is just not enough now

Top 4 midfielder mate - just like Trippier is a top 4 RB. I learnt that one from you. :allitongue:
He is a top 4 midfielder no doubt buddy, I’ve seen him perform to a level that could have seen him go to Barca for over 100M.
But that was three years ago.

Despite his piss poor stats (5 goals and 3 assists) he has still delivered, at times, the bare minimum of his ability and as a quality footballer, it’s been enough.

But the sky’s the limit right?

Fact is, Dele, Kane and Eriksen in the form of 2016-17 and we stand here as Champions of Europe.

Back
Top Bottom