Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Harry Kane one of the best players in the world.... our best player!

That was the argument of the media and everyone else: he must start they said!

That is exactly what I mean when I say Poch caved in: he caved in to media and peer pressure.
A player like Kane puts you in a box. If he doesn't start Kane and the game plays out exactly the same, then everyone would have said he was stupid for not starting him. Classic catch 22.

hopefully poch will be able motivate this squad and himself for new heights for next season. i have interesting feeling that heads were gone in club before final and it is considered that this is maximum we can get as achievement. we must fight for pl title for next season and I want see determination from poch, levy and players in that sense.

Levy is key: he must give Poch what he needs re financial resources. Personally I will be content with finishing third or fourth again with another champions league final the icing on the cake.

Both domestic cups must be sacrificed and all resources targeted at top four and also going as far as possible in the CL - we could even win it!

A player like Kane puts you in a box. If he doesn't start Kane and the game plays out exactly the same, then everyone would have said he was stupid for not starting him. Classic catch 22.

You’re making excuses for the manager. He’s not complained yet about the praise and I know he won’t complain about criticism either - he doesn’t need defending!

I'm not defending him. I'm pointing out the reality of the situation. Imagine Kane on the bench and we lose 2-0. People would have lost their shit.

If you spend three weeks arguing a point and all and sundry are going against you and the manager goes with the general consensus and plays a high profile player just because he is a high profile player the last thing you want coming back as a retort is a pathetic “ imagine if”.

How do you think I concluded that Harry should be on the bench if not by way of imagining possible out comes?
I never said he shouldn’t play- I said he should not start. The frigging manager of our national side agrees with me tonight and I guarantee he agreed with me a week ago too!

plays a high profile player just because he is a high profile player

The frigging manager of our national side agrees with me tonight and I guarantee he agreed with me a week ago too!
Poch didn't play him 'cos he's a high profile player, he played him because he's our BEST player.

Southgate has a lot more quality options than Poch. What other striker do we have, Llorente ?

Poch took a chance the same as he did with Winks

One worked out ok, the other didn't.

To seriously think that Poch bowed to pressure, media or otherwise, is daft.

Poch didn't play him 'cos he's a high profile player, he played him because he's our BEST player.

Southgate has a lot more quality options than Poch. What other striker do we have, Llorente ?

There's a lot of "daft" and conceit surrounding this issue.

The armchair managers see it as something to hang their hat on.

Harry Winks earned the right to remain on the pitch. Harry Kane clearly should have not lasted the whole game but he did.
You can guarantee fuck all you manky sockhead.

Cretinous_Cnt. You back again.
Sock head 😜 you’ve got to be yank!

Poch is easily my best ever Manager. We are progressing very well under him. If Kane is anywhere near fit he plays. END OF STORY. I am not sure Poch needs to do anything this Summer. I think we will carry on improving. Maybe win something. I have never felt so good about my team as now. And just to make me feel even more smug and content the dirty Gunners are going the opposite way.

Poch is easily my best ever Manager. We are progressing very well under him. If Kane is anywhere near fit he plays. END OF STORY. I am not sure Poch needs to do anything this Summer. I think we will carry on improving. Maybe win something. I have never felt so good about my team as now. And just to make me feel even more smug and content the dirty Gunners are going the opposite way.
I love your positivity but I could never feel confident about maintaining our current position, especially in comparison with that lot down the road! I obviously hope and pray that the status quo prevails from now to eternity, but if I have learned nothing else during my many years watching Tottenham, it's that you can never predict what's coming next. :)

What was the analogy I used at the time?

If you wanted a new pair of trainers, and your Mum gave you a tenner to go look in the local charity shop, maybe you'd choose not to spend it too.

So yes, I believe Glenn. Just as I believed him when others on here were calling him a floppy haired cunt and a bitter ex manager when he consistently called for more spending from the board.

I'm backing the unstoppable force. You should too
I wouldn't call frenkie De Jong bargain basement, would you?

I only support one club. So I have no insight into the finances of others.

Can you name a club that refused to sanction a single signing that the manager wanted through a whole summer transfer window. From any of Europes top 5 leagues, ever?

That's not just being frugal, mate, that's a shameful neglection of the football team we all support.

Klopp was backed, Poch was handicapped. Why cant you throw your support behind our best manager since Nicholson rather than the guy who ties his hands up
Just cos no signings were made, it doesn't mean they weren't sanctioned. Frenkie De Jong has come out and said that we made what he considered a serious offer. So it was sanctioned. He just decided to stay at Ajax for another year.

Back
Top Bottom