Sod the negatives........Post the positives to a Champs Lge Final......

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You're a fucking piece of shit. Not a spurs fan.

What's your address you disease ridden little cunt.
Here we go again...so I am not allowed to have a go back because you have all been chums on this forum together and who am j to not agree with you but also to fight back with the same shit you all throw out......now you want my address......hhhmmmm now who is the real cunt......why u in such a state over a forum........

What's sad is we give Liverpool fans stick but they probably believed they COULD go and win the CL the following season after losing to Madrid.

Let's have a look at it:

2017-18
Liverpool finish 4th
25 points off top
Champions League runners up.

2018-19
Tottenham finish 4th
27 points off top
Champions League runners up.

Yet we have some fans who would laugh at you if you told them we could reach the Champions League final again. I am willing to bet Liverpool fans thought they'd make it again the following year. Why not?

We've just proven we can get there. We had to go to Nou Camp, Etihad, Westfalenstadion, Cruyff arena and get results. We did. We can do it again.

Poch needs backing in the summer, no doubt about it but we also need to believe we can also do it instead of writing it off as a "one off"

From previous Champions League finals, when a team reaches one they do seem to get to another within the next couple of years. It happens with most clubs, from what I can see. It's not guaranteed obviously but why can't that be us too? I think just getting there should hopefully change something in the mindset of the club. We did something I didn't realistically think we could do. But there we go. Let's try and do it again!

Here we go again...so I am not allowed to have a go back because you have all been chums on this forum together and who am j to not agree with you but also to fight back with the same shit you all throw out......now you want my address......hhhmmmm now who is the real cunt......why u in such a state over a forum........
Surely asking for someone's address is worthy of a card also......thats slightly over aggressive don't you think. Just because we lost and I said we were crap......mate you need to sort yourself out.....if I gave you my address you wouldn't turn up..all bluster just like most people behind a keyboard

Thinking about how long it took Fergie and Wenger to get to Champ League finals ;-)
And what that says in terms of needing time and patience to allow a manager to get up to that level...

That the period from the moment Moura scored the goal that took us to the final to 5 minutes before the final was the best feeling.

That for those however many days we were at the centre of the football world.

That I honestly believe we will get to a final again within 5 years and with a better side than played on Saturday evening.

And that I think once the dust has settled we will be better as a club for the experience.

There are plenty of things to be positive about. Firstly, we got our Spursy back when the ref awarded the penalty. Secondly, Levy will have no excuses not to invest heavily in the squad. Thirdly, we know we can play better than that if we get another chance at a big final.

Analysing our performance it wasn’t as bad as many say. Our defence was mostly solid, our passing accurate as shown by the stats -65% possession, 80% pass accuracy. More shots, more shots on target and lost because of a bad penalty decision. They say we blew our chance because Liverpool played their worst of the whole season but maybe that was because we made them play shit.

That the period from the moment Moura scored the goal that took us to the final to 5 minutes before the final was the best feeling.
That for those however many days we were at the centre of the football world.

That I honestly believe we will get to a final again within 5 years and with a better side than played on Saturday evening.

And that I think once the dust has settled we will be better as a club for the experience.

Agree.... if only we had just stopped there!
We won the Semi, soak up the euphoria, but then didn't have to play the Final... that woulda done me!

Positives for me are -
We played the biggest club final in the world ,when we were told we wouldn't get there.
I had a blinding night on the high road.
I didn't spend silly money on every available t shirt/polo shirt with the words champions of Europe on them :)

One moment that stuck out for me was Harry ay the final whistle standing looking up and around and soaking it all in and i knew damn well thay he was thinking i WILL be back here and i WILL lift that trophy...that's the kind if thinking I want from my team

Had a nice wander around Leuven in between flights in and out of Brussels. Highly recommended. Wearing my - albeit subtle - colours with pride. Every single professional club in Europe has the opportunity to progress into UEFA competitions through their respective leagues. Only two teams got to the global showpiece final. We were one of the. CL finalists is a monumental achievement, especially for one that has only recently started punching with the big boys. If anyone is not proud and happy with this team, then they’ve probably picked the wrong club.

Hope everyone has a great summer. I need some cricket, a break from all of this, and some chill out time in the sunshine.

COYS

Cricket? Carded lol

Back
Top Bottom