Kieran Trippier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He was no better and he was terrible at the back. The penalty was because Mane went past him on the first move

The penalty was because Sissoko left his brain in the dressing room. If he had just kept his arm down then the ball hits his chest and goes away. You can’t defend a cross with your arm above your head.

Trips on the whole did a decent job against Mane. The defenders that let us down were Dier and Jan with their awful play on the second goal.

Mane was the one I was seriously worried about pre-game and ended up playing on the right as Trips seemed to have his number. Largely because the game was killed by the pen and Pool didnt need to come forward. Trips did not have a bad game at all tonight

I thought he was poor but he wasn’t the only one

Danny was outstanding

But both were absolutely wank in attack and neither were particularly troubled defensively. You know me, Baz, I'm not a Trippier defender. I've regularly bashed him throughout the season but what is it that made Rose stand out more?

The aesthetics of his play? The fact he's a bit smaller, a bit more aggressive? I don't think Rose had a bad game, but I don't know if I can say he was flat out better than Trippier when both pretty much had the same affect in the game.

But both were absolutely wank in attack and neither were particularly troubled defensively. You know me, Baz, I'm not a Trippier defender. I've regularly bashed him throughout the season but what is it that made Rose stand out more?

The aesthetics of his play? The fact he's a bit smaller, a bit more aggressive? I don't think Rose had a bad game, but I don't know if I can say he was flat out better than Trippier when both pretty much had the same affect in the game.

Ok but I disagree

Danny seemed to apply himself better
Made more tackles and gave the ball away less but neither of them was the reason we lost

That extremely dodgy penalty killed us

Mane was the one I was seriously worried about pre-game and ended up playing on the right as Trips seemed to have his number. Largely because the game was killed by the pen and Pool didnt need to come forward. Trips did not have a bad game at all tonight

The game was killed by a pen? After 30 seconds, no chance.

The game was killed the same way so much of our season was. A slow tempo, a defence over-reliant on hammering the ball backwards too often, this stupid playing out from the back and a lack of incision up front.

The game was killed by a pen? After 30 seconds, no chance.

The game was killed the same way so much of our season was. A slow tempo, a defence over-reliant on hammering the ball backwards too often, this stupid playing out from the back and a lack of incision up front.

I think you are misinterpreting what i mean by "killing the game" - the effect the pen has means Liverpool, a team well known for a high press with 3 forwards dont need to follow that gameplan, and its so early that we dont really need to chase the game either. So the sting is taken out of the game, neither team really knows what to do as its unexpected and the game dies a result. That first half was some serioulsy dull shit from both sides.

I do agree on all your other points though, the insistence on playing out from the back has pissed me off for a while now, particularly when youve got Kane and Llorente on the pitch and still do it.

Just new the same floaters would be on here straight after the game, blaming Poch, Trippier, Levy, the tea lady.

They'll have been sat there before the game rubbing their hands thinking of who to blame if we lost

Fucking wankers

If that was his last game for us then I'm glad he made a decent showing of himself on the way out. Never his biggest fan but hope the best for him.

Rose dribbles down the left wing for a few yards and people think hes had a good offensive game. He does fuck all in the end product department. Always hoofing crosses and making the wrong decision

Napoli would be a decent team for him, anything above 20m would be nice.
Think? I have no idea how they play now that Ancellotti is there. I limit my Serie A watching to the odd fiorentina game. I do hope it works out for him though and we do get a nice transfer sum for him.

Imagine getting paid to see the world and experience new cultures...with the odd bit of footie distraction here and there. Would be nice.

His “attacking prowess” is the only point to him. And it’s shit.
Remember two times he crossed the ball in the same action, first time low ball, no-one was there, second time Alisson catch the ball and Salah was in the counter-attack. Fucking terrible stuff from him offensively.

Tripps lacks confidence in his own ability:
He should cross the ball more often but he opts for an easy side way pass.
He should drive forward but he plays a back pass,
He should take corners and even free kicks, he dugs out from free kicks.
His crossing is poor and inconsistent
He is a nice decent guy not good enough for Spurs.

If he goes then club must purchase a first choice right back as Poch doesn't rate Aurier.

Back
Top Bottom