Tottenham Hotspur v. Reading (Home), 1 Jan 2013 15:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A pattern emerging:

Bring in Parker for Dembele, go into a very thin turtle shell. This will not work holding a lead against better sides if our backline continues to make mistakes. 65th into the late 70's very shaky. Thankfully Reading was thoroughly exhausted chasing most of the game.

Van Persie would have had 5 goals today in Defoe's spot.

Good win at home. Depth on this club not a problem in midfield.

Parker is really more of a sub for Sandro than he is for Dembele.

Really why we should go for Moutinho. We could take one of them off to throw in a more defensive player to help kill the game off, but not lose much of that attacking creativity and possession that either would provide.

A pattern emerging:

Bring in Parker for Dembele, go into a very thin turtle shell. This will not work holding a lead against better sides if our backline continues to make mistakes. 65th into the late 70's very shaky. Thankfully Reading was thoroughly exhausted chasing most of the game.

Van Persie would have had 5 goals today in Defoe's spot.

Good win at home. Depth on this club not a problem in midfield.

Good point, I think we should go sign him

39 points we're safe rom relegation!!
geekcelebration.gif

Great christmas period for Spurs. But we seriously need a reliable striker to kill off games - TOO many times we are desperately defending 1 goal leads in matches where we've had over 20 attempts on goal.

Unless Adebayor can pick up his scoring rate now (ie this month) I wouldn't be sorry to see him dropped, I think Dempsey will get more goals for us given more starts. Ade did score a good goal, but he's missed about 4 easy chances in the last three games - simply not good enough - very Torres-like.

Defoe has been a bit more unlucky I think - he has had some good saves/blocks rather than damp squid misses - but again, he needs to convert in "easy" matches like today.

Anyway, I am very happy that we managed 10/12 points over the 4 christmas matches - although I expected 6/6 at home and 4/6 away - it's a shame our home results are poorer than our away results.

Congrats to AVB, he has proved he is a perfectly competent manager, at least as good as Jol and Redknapp.

I think this was a very good win after a busy festive period. I saw this as a bit of a potential banana skin, especially when I started reading some people suggesting we could put out a weaker side. It wasn't vintage stuff, but our centre backs and midfield were focused and worked hard. Kyle Walker remains a bit of an enigma, daydreaming one moment and then putting on a truly immense last ditch tackle the next. The boy is still young! MoM between Sandro and Lennon for me - both were superb in all areas of the pitch. Now we have a fortnight before QPR away, and some well earned recuperation time for the boys. COYS

Back
Top Bottom