If it comes to it......penalties

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know, I know.....but who would you’re line up be? Mine:

1. Dele
2. Trippier
3. Kane
4. Son
5. Eriksen

Based off the obvious starting 11. I’d actually put Lamela in there if he’s on, his confidence/mild psychosis = drilled into side netting. Would change him with Eriksen based on his bizarre inability to cross the ball beyond the first defender...but he’s still one of our best striker so far the ball

I know, I know.....but who would you’re line up be? Mine:

1. Dele
2. Trippier
3. Kane
4. Son
5. Eriksen

Based off the obvious starting 11. I’d actually put Lamela in there if he’s on, his confidence/mild psychosis = drilled into side netting. Would change him with Eriksen based on his bizarre inability to cross the ball beyond the first defender...but he’s still one of our best striker so far the ball

Sounds about right....

But 6 thru 10 tho' eh.... Hmmmm.....

(The common caveat being "if they're on the pitch"...)

- Lamela (See above)
- Dier held his shit together in the WC.
- I think Vert could be a good shout.
- Lucas (God on his side!)
- Can LLorente even shoot?

Bit tricky after that......

Sounds about right....

But 6 thru 10 tho' eh.... Hmmmm.....

(The common caveat being "if they're on the pitch"...)

- Lamela (See above)
- Dier held his shit together in the WC.
- I think Vert could be a good shout.
- Lucas (God on his side!)
- Can LLorente even shoot?

Bit tricky after that......
If Lucas is on the pitch he’s up there with Harry I reckon. All the technique in the world

Not Dele. He's scored a couple but he's not a convincing penalty taker. Good ball strikers with solid technique would be best. Davies, if on the pitch, along with Toby and Jan.

Last edited:
Vertonghen is a good shot for me, great mentality and concentration which is the most important part at this level. Dier if he is on the pitch. Kane, Sonny and Tripps pick themselves and then Eriksen/Dele too.

It's actually a good tactic to pick penalty takers who haven't taken many, if any, before. As Liverpool won't be able to study each penalty each of our players have taken. And believe it, they'll look at every penalty ever taken by our players and we'll do likewise. We have a slight advantage in that regard as we know Milner, Salah and Fabiano will take three of theirs and there's a lot things Lloris can look out for, where they plant their foot can give away which side they'll go, or if they like to try and get the keeper to commit first.

We lose. Not sure if that crunch mentality we have extends past 120 minutes.

For some reason spurs always feels like England in the finals - all about heart, not as technical as the other team, kind of an underdog but not really. I always feel that we suck at penalties but there's really no basis to it. I think it's going to come down ro who handles the pressure best rather than who's better at taking them.

It's actually a good tactic to pick penalty takers who haven't taken many, if any, before. As Liverpool won't be able to study each penalty each of our players have taken. And believe it, they'll look at every penalty ever taken by our players and we'll do likewise. We have a slight advantage in that regard as we know Milner, Salah and Fabiano will take three of theirs and there's a lot things Lloris can look out for, where they plant their foot can give away which side they'll go, or if they like to try and get the keeper to commit first.
Fabiano's almost 40, dont think they will ask him to take pens.

Vertonghen is a good shot for me, great mentality and concentration which is the most important part at this level. Dier if he is on the pitch. Kane, Sonny and Tripps pick themselves and then Eriksen/Dele too.

Has anyone ever told you that you are the spit of Ledley King in that photo with Kaka in you profile pic?

Back
Top Bottom