TFC in Madrid

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anyone fancy meeting up nr Plaza Colon on Saturday and then head to a bar to watch the game? I'm travelling by myself, but have managed to hook up with 3 or 4 other loners....planning a Spurs Tapas bar crawl on Fri evening as well along Calle de la Cava Baja
I am up for a meet up Friday evening. Just sent you a message with my details. COYS!

I'm a travelling loner as well! Meeting up with some other randoms later in the day on Sat to watch the match....Planning to do a tapas bar crawl Friday evening if anyone fancies it or getting together on Sat?
I'll be in the Retiro area on Sat from about 1-4pm before the wedding I have to go to. Dm me if you want to meet up. The offers to any stragglers around on Sat afternoon too

Was Planning to head to the Jame Joyce, but hearing that's a scouse pub ? There's some decent bars along Plaza Santa Barbara near Alonso Martinez station. Def need a Spurs pub to take over!

Alonso Martinez is a nice area. but it may be a little far from the action.

Is evryone planning to find bars further out of the centre? I guess puerta del sol will be no go area? or jam packed

Anyone got as far as where they’ll actually be watching the game or playing it by ear? Really thought they’d be putting screens up somewhere public to keep the fans in one place

Alonso Martinez is a nice area. but it may be a little far from the action.

Is evryone planning to find bars further out of the centre? I guess puerta del sol will be no go area? or jam packed
I honestly can't think of a worst place to head for than Sol, short of the Scouse fan zone and surrounding streets. Plaza Mayor is set to be a "neutral" zone - I think it's fair to assume that means non-English, at least in the sense of groups of fans having a sing-song and getting lashed. They're going to have appearances from famous players (Figo is one name I remember), it'll be family friendly, probably with old bill on hand to disperse anyone looking like they're getting unruly. Sol itself is pisspoor for bars - it's sort of the equivalent of say Bayern fans thinking that Oxford Circus is the place to head to if the final was in London

Back
Top Bottom