We can be heroes champions league final 01/06/2019

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Reminds me of the old joke, when a woman complained to her husband that he loved Tottenham more than her, to which he replied "I love Woolwich more than you".
I'm afraid that all my nearest and dearest would probably accuse me of loving Tottenham more than them (except for my mum).

Last edited:
I’m absolutely shitting bangers already.
The thought of losing to the fucking screechy voiced, thieving cunts is beyond awful.
I genuinely think we will do them, which makes the thought of losing to them even worse.
Would rather be playing Barca. I’m sure I’d enjoy the ride more.
But that makes me sound like an ungrateful twat.
Wouldn’t swap where we are, signings or no signings, for anything else right now.
CL final?
Never been done in our history.
Imagine all the dearly departed Spurs fans who never got to experience these feelings?

Apparently these things are normally written by staff - and this one has that ring about it. However, tking it at face value, he wants it to be called Lucas if it's a boy. He needs to call it Moura if it's a girl and name it after the entire team if we win the cup, then get a wife who supports Spurs too. Problem solved.

I honestly feel this final is more about us than them. What I mean by that is Liverpool will play the same way they always have; they will press us, they will start quickly and they will try to blow us away.

It’s the same Liverpool that’s been around for years but with a better defence. There are no curve balls coming, they will not sit back and try to hit us on the counter, they won’t choose their moments and be pragmatic.

Poch knows this, the whole world knows it and that’s what gives me confidence. He has 3 weeks to get it right, 3 weeks to formulate a plan to deal with what they will throw at us.

He has countless games of theirs he can make the boys watch and study because they do always play the same way. They are an amazing team that are exciting to watch, but there will be nothing there that we haven’t seen before.

With this in mind we have to have a plan, and we have time to practice that plan. Keep our heads and we can do this. . .

We are in the final lads and we can win this thing.

Last edited:
I honestly feel this final is more about us than them. What I mean by that is Liverpool will play the same way they always have; they will press us, they will start quickly and they will try to blow us away.

It’s the same Liverpool that’s been around for years but with a better defence. There are no curve balls coming, they will not sit back and try to hit us on the counter, they won’t choose their moments and be pragmatic.

Poch knows this, the whole world knows it and that’s what gives me confidence. He has 3 weeks to get it right, 3 weeks to formulate a plan to deal with what they will throw at us.

He has countless games of theirs he can make the boys watch and study because they do always play the same way. They are an amazing team that are exciting to watch, but there will be nothing there that we haven’t seen before.

With this in mind we have to have a plan, and we have time to practice that plan. Keep our heads and we can do this. . .

We are on the final lads and we can win this thing.
It's an encouraging thought. I would add that we, on the other hand, will be more difficult to prep for as it could be a back 3 or 4, midfield 3, 4, 5, flat or diamond, what if Kane is fit, will it be Son, Lucas or Llorente otherwise, etc. Having said that, your point is really that they won't care and will just play their usual style. Could mean, though, that we are better placed, and more accustomed, to pivot the approach should the initial plan be stifled.

We are on the final lads and we can win this thing.

I think they might be a bit more patient than last year, learnt a bit from last year's final, but I agree they can only play one way tactically and that gives us an advantage, especially as Poch has the time to study them and work out what he is going to do. Not like he has to figure it out in three days time and translate that to the players mid season. I expect Poch to do a number on them tactically.

I'm preparing for the game by watching previous years opening ceremonies and highlights.
Also i haven't heard of the band that will be playing so I should sample their music beforehand.

Back
Top Bottom