Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Apologies, perhaps I should rephrase it from ‘gammon Brexit’ types. To those people who have a clouded memory of how previously good times were great and not realising the world has changed for the better in those intervening years. The Bale of years ago has had his best and is now in the downward spiral to retirement. His signing is one of nostalgia, would he have the fitness levels to play in the PL now? Would much rather we took a punt on a younger player who can be developed into the next Bale.

Apologies, perhaps I should rephrase it from ‘gammon Brexit’ types. To those people who have a clouded memory of how previously good times were great and not realising the world has changed for the better in those intervening years. The Bale of years ago has had his best and is now in the downward spiral to retirement. His signing is one of nostalgia, would he have the fitness levels to play in the PL now? Would much rather we took a punt on a younger player who can be developed into the next Bale.
World has changed for the better?? Apart from the brexit mess, trump, kids killing each other on the streets every day with knives and terrorist attacks in virtually every country?? Yeah it's terrific.......

I hope we stay clear of Bale even if there was a dash of truth in the unlikely rumours.

He is a quality player without doubt. One of the very best but his halcyon days are behind him and he has nothing left to prove.

He would be possibly like Sanchez as the best comparison that I cam think of.

A player like Bale, if he really wanted to play football would be talking of 'moving on' for one last challenge where the chance to play regularly and be the player who had been there and done it and could shine lke a beacon at a club in need of such a type.

Sadly it just seems that too many multi millionaire footballers acquire this ego towards the end of their careers over real love of the great game.

I say thanks for the mempries but nah.
In a way, it would benefit football if Real got stuck with him. Might discourage the Spanish duo from buying everyone in sight. Might help the fiscally responsible teams. Hope United gets stuck with Sanchez too.

I hope we stay clear of Bale even if there was a dash of truth in the unlikely rumours.

He is a quality player without doubt. One of the very best but his halcyon days are behind him and he has nothing left to prove.

He would be possibly like Sanchez as the best comparison that I cam think of.

A player like Bale, if he really wanted to play football would be talking of 'moving on' for one last challenge where the chance to play regularly and be the player who had been there and done it and could shine lke a beacon at a club in need of such a type.

Sadly it just seems that too many multi millionaire footballers acquire this ego towards the end of their careers over real love of the great game.

I say thanks for the mempries but nah.
Bale is going to reject all offers, play golf, and collect his 600k a week.

To how many?

Gomes, Tielemens, and Lo Celso wouldn't be considered homegrown yet we're linked with them. It's almost like the transfer rumors are more believable if we are linked with players that play in England.
Gets twice as many clicks - clicks from Spurs fans and clicks from the English selling clubs fans. It's really not difficult to work out where these rumours come from. It's all about spinning up advert revenue.

Look at this fucking thread - we're in the CL final and this disgraceful shit thread is gonna hit 400 pages before the stupid fucking window even opens. Half of football fans don't even seem to watch football anymore, the reality and finality of results and tables pales in comparison to the schoolboy wankfest of summer speculation and daydreams.

Coutinho as the Eriksen replacement?
6aa568ab6e239b45faeb651e56c72070bed26f901a77663984c8285135cd9511.jpg

It was sports bild first thought they were quite good myself. . .

Now this, this makes my dick hard. He’d be a great signing.

Back
Top Bottom