We can be heroes champions league final 01/06/2019

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is anyone going to be 'in form'?

It will be three weeks since their last competitive match
Of course. Hes not going to pick 11 random players who perform better in training in the 3 weeks like its the first game of the season. How theyve been playing in matches recently will play a much bigger part.

75% fit Winks is not going to offer more than an in form 100% fit Lucas.

Well we all have different opinions.

Assuming Kane is back, a 75% Winks would get my vote instead of Lucas.

With Kane in, you need to accommodate Lucas (I assume Son is playing) by dropping Dele back into left midfield (where he's been shown to be ineffective).

With a Winks, Sissoko MF you allow Dele further forward just off Kane.

Sorry for me, it's always Dele further forward where he can hurt the opposition.

I know it's harsh on Lucas (after his heroics) but I'd start with Winks, Sissoko, Eriksen, Dele Kane, Son. Lucas for Son in the last 20 (if needed)

We all know and have seen how slow out of the blocks Kane is after a long spell out though-surely our two quickest fittest forwards have to play.
I agree, there is no place for sentiment and the sentimental thing to do IS start Kane.

Both Harrys from the bench, they wont be anywhere near fit enough for 90 if they even make it.

Thankfully it's not our decision. For me they both play (under almost all circumstances).

It's a one off game, then they can have a long summer break.

City thought they'd won it
But tottenham brought it back
Wanyama in the middle
Llorente in attack
Sterling scored the winner
The eithad went mad
The ref went to the camera
AND IT GOT DISSALOWED
ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ

Ajax thought they'd won it
Sissoke in the middle
LLorente in attack
He knocked it down to Alli
To our brazilian yid
Who put in the corner
AND NOW WE'RE GOING TO MADRID
ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ

Liverpool thought they'd won it
But Tottenham brought it back
Eriksen in the middle
Harry Kane in attack
Klopp thought they deserved it
Salah tried to dive
Sissoko with the hattrick
OH WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE
ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ

City thought they'd won it
Wanyama in the middle
Llorente in attack
Sterling scored the winner
The eithad went mad
The ref went to the camera
AND IT GOT DISSALOWED
ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ

Ajax thought they'd won it
Sissoke in the middle
LLorente in attack
He knocked it down to Alli
To our brazilian yid
Who put in the corner
AND NOW WE'RE GOING TO MADRID
ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ

Liverpool thought they'd won it
But Tottenham brought it back
Eriksen in the middle
Harry Kane in attack
Klopp thought they deserved it
Salah tried to dive
Sissoko with the hattrick
OH WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE
ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. We don't know yet which one of our players will score the hattrick.

I had a very strange day yesterday.

I kept thinking "We're in the CL final"
and then I got on a real downer and kept thinking "What if we lose to them cunts ?"

Then I was thinking "As long as we put up a good fight I'll be happy" and kept thinking about one of Danny Blanchflower's sayings "Winning isn't everything, wanting to win is"

And then "Poch has done something no other Spurs manager was able to achieve"

And then back to "What if we lose"

I still have the residue of it today.

Very weird for me.

I like how that stadium was not built with wheelchair bays in mind, so they watch from ground level and there are no barriers preventing them from just cruising around the no man's land and approaching the hoardings.

and then I got on a real downer and kept thinking "What if we lose to them cunts ?"

Then I was thinking "As long as we put up a good fight I'll be happy" and kept thinking about one of Danny Blanchflower's sayings "Winning isn't everything, wanting to win is"

Very weird for me.
You have described the same thoughts most of us,at some point, have had/having i would imagine :)

We all know and have seen how slow out of the blocks Kane is after a long spell out though-surely our two quickest fittest forwards have to play.
I agree, there is no place for sentiment and the sentimental thing to do IS start Kane.

Both Harrys from the bench, they wont be anywhere near fit enough for 90 if they even make it.
When Poch terminated his presser after being asked about Kane being fit, it told me that he will not allow Kane sentiment to cloud his vision. I think he wants to celebrate the efforts of the players that don't necessarily get the headlines. If Kane shows he is fit and ready, he will play. If not, he will be on the bench.

Very weird for me.

What's worse is, if we do lose to them, we will never forget about it because the media will make sure of that, they will talk about Liverpool beating Spurs in the CL final for the next 20+ years.

Back
Top Bottom