Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For me the full backs will benefit from some better flow in the AM areas.....get some midfielders and attackers in that move the ball, not dwell on it and kill momentum.

We stopped pressing, thats why our full backs have been made redundent.

We need to go back to high intensity football
the whole defence has suffered badly from this drop in intensity, in both an attacking sense, as you say, but also defensively. At times its almost reminded me of playing under AVB (no where near that shit mind) - high line but no pressing, leaving us exposed between the lines and the ball over the top of the FBs. I noticed Poch tried the Pep system a couple of times late in the season . FBs tucked in, and moving alongside Vic while the wide men stayed wide. I'd be quite happy to see this developed as an option, but again it relies on a greater intensity than we've been playing with.

We've clearly saved intensity for the Champions League. Because our pressing in most of those games has been pretty incredible in comparison.

It's also probably why we look relatively better or atleast get the results we require in comparison to the league

We've clearly saved intensity for the Champions League. Because our pressing in most of those games has been pretty incredible in comparison.

It's also probably why we look relatively better or atleast get the results we require in comparison to the league
yeah but even then its often been for just a half.

So then at what stage did Poch decide to sacrifice the league for the CL? Prior to the Burnley game we had every chance in the league especially with games to come against the top 2. Did he decide he had the squad for one and not the other? If so, why no signings (even loan) in January?

So then at what stage did Poch decide to sacrifice the league for the CL? Prior to the Burnley game we had every chance in the league especially with games to come against the top 2. Did he decide he had the squad for one and not the other? If so, why no signings (even loan) in January?

I'd assume if it WAS sacrificed it'd been from the moment we knocked City out.

I don't think Poch, like many Spurs fans, probably imagined how well we'd have done in the Champions League nor how ridiculous our injury situation would continue to be.

Something to learn from that's for sure

We've conceded early on, sure. Maybe we've been a bit too intense and it's caught us out.
bit of a mix. City games were crazy intense from the off, but we barely turned up in the first halves of both Ajax and Dortmund games. We were also much better in the second halves v barca.

I'd assume if it WAS sacrificed it'd been from the moment we knocked City out.

I don't think Poch, like many Spurs fans, probably imagined how well we'd have done in the Champions League nor how ridiculous our injury situation would continue to be.

Something to learn from that's for sure
I've said previously, the CL Final is a shock, but symptomatic of our season. We haven't been that good at times, many times in fact, yet somehow we've got the results, especially in the CL. Difficult to work out how our season has panned out as it has. Poch has made mistakes, lots of them, and yet has taken us somewhere we thought we'd never be. Most players haven't performed as well as they previously had either.

Strange.

Mirror.

tenor.gif

It was sports bild first thought they were quite good myself. . .

I've never seen what the fuss is with Isco. He's the classic showpony. The sort of cunt you never get a pass off and always tries a 60yrd pass or 25yard curler, or takes on 4 players.
He's never really been first choice for Spain or Real - in fact has only played 30 odd games more than bale in the same time. Why we would go in big for a player like that is beyond me.

Sticking this in here. Personally, I had forgotten all about it but I have to say in hindsight I agree with Cox who feels it's had a positive impact on all PL clubs as managers know from day one what and who they have in their squads and as a consequence can develop the identity around how the teams play.

As you were...

Back
Top Bottom