Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm still fucking reeling over hearing about Marcelo Bielsa knocking on Pochettino's parents' front door at 2am when he was 13 and asked if he could look at their son's legs.

Imagine someone like Roy Hodgson knocking at your door at 2am asking to look at your sleeping child's legs 😂

2496-rolfharris1b.jpg

No they dont.

If I slag someone off for their preparation for a 100m race, and predict they come 7th specifically due to those reasons, I think they would be within their rights to tell me to fuck right off, if they finish 3rd, plus get to the final two in the high jump and here I am.........slagging them off for not doing better.

Have people got no self respect? Its pathetic entitlement.

The back up has well and truly shat on many peoples views of them this season, and cunts want to sit there and say they should have been replaced.

What? Maddison and Zaha and we would be champions?

I don't think levy would be that good at the high jump

None of that isn’t relevant though.

The people who slagged off the chairman and squad regarding last summers window were talking about failure THIS season.

They have no right trying to hone their views from last summer into this summer.

This summer is a 100% different situation to last (Last summer we had a fully fit squad, we had Dembele, we didnt have a home ground, Eriksen and Toby had two years left and there was hope of them signing and we were not potential Champions of Europe) so whatever people thought of the squad in August 2018 means nothing.

They have been proven wrong.
I think they every right, I would of thought freedom of speech is something that you would support seeing as a number of people want you to not express your views. Be that as it may there has been a lot of legitimate criticism if we win the cup it doesn't mean we were right to not buy anyone.

Failure and success is also subjective, I think whatever happens now , the team has been successful but if we lose the final then there is argument that we failed and have been in decline since 2017.

The people who slagged off the chairman and squad regarding last summers window were talking about failure THIS season.

They have been proven wrong.
What about the ones slagging off the same players for the whole season in match threads and melting constantly?

Last edited:
A few years ago we were buying good players for reasonable prices that were turned by Poch into stars. Our best players have now been here a few years. Poch talks about being honest and most of us accept that we will never have the money to buy the most expensive players especially if the likes of MC are bidding against us. Therefore identifying the future top players we can afford is the key. That has not happened recently hence no purchases. We need to find another Eriksen, Toby or Dele that can walk straight into the side and be great rather than keep taking chances with the likes of Aurier, Foyth and Sanchez that may still come good but cannot hit the ground running. This may mean taking on a new Scout that really knows his business as Poch does not have the time to do this job and I am not impressed with the results of others in the last couple of years.

I think they every right, I would of thought freedom of speech is something that you would support seeing as a number of people want you to not express your views. Be that as it may there has been a lot of legitimate criticism if we win the cup it doesn't mean we were right to not buy anyone.

Failure and success is also subjective, I think whatever happens now , the team has been successful but if we lose the final then there is argument that we failed and have been in decline since 2017.

Oh dear.....let’s take it to The Hague and discuss our human rights shall we.

Freedom of speech? Wow

Anywaaaay, they can say what they want, all very legally and democratically, it still doesn’t make them any less wrong about the squad.

If we lose the final, we failed to win the game.
Our target was top 4 though. Objective achieved.

Anyone who judges our entire journey since 2017 on a cup final they claimed we could never get to is an entitled moron.

I'm still fucking reeling over hearing about Marcelo Bielsa knocking on Pochettino's parents' front door at 2am when he was 13 and asked if he could look at their son's legs.

Imagine someone like Roy Hodgson knocking at your door at 2am asking to look at your sleeping child's legs 😂

2496-rolfharris1b.jpg

Bielsa is a bit weird as everyone knows now

Oh dear.....let’s take it to The Hague and discuss our human rights shall we.

Freedom of speech? Wow

Anywaaaay, they can say what they want, all very legally and democratically, it still doesn’t make them any less wrong about the squad.

If we lose the final, we failed to win the game.
Our target was top 4 though. Objective achieved.

Anyone who judges our entire journey since 2017 on a cup final they claimed we could never get to is an entitled moron.
This is what you said about the squad.

He’s fucked up, but you won’t find some people holding him accountable.

Apparently it’s Elaine the copywriter at ENICs fault that Poch thinks Skipp and KWP are total fucking shit.

I mean, he must do right? Because if Trippier and Dier are Champo, yet still miles ahead of the kids....

People can bang on about the squad all they want, the fact is that two players have progressed this season, and 9 have regressed.

Shite is rewarded, when it used to be binned.
So what are we saying here?

Our world class players are playing like fucking cunts because they want more money?

And people are backing them?
I’d sack the lot personally if that’s the case

So it seems you aren't too happy with the squad yourself. I think Poch wants to achieve more in the league then barely qualify by the skin of his teeth, that's one of the reasons he's speaking out.

This is what you said about the squad.

So it seems you aren't too happy with the squad yourself. I think Poch wants to achieve more in the league then barely qualify by the skin of his teeth, that's one of the reasons he's speaking out.

I have been proven wrong by the squad. I dont have a problem with that. It delights me.

I wanted reinforcements in January to continue our title push....the PL title was never expected or demanded by me though. I was wrong.....the club waited, and we reached our goals.

Dele and Eriksen were poor in many games..I always said they were top class on their day, and towarsd the end of the season they turned up in the big games, and we got away with not playing as well as we can.

I feel we have underperformed in games, not that the ability isnt there. Thats why I said regressed and not "champo cloggers that were never good enough and never will be".

There isnt many here who backed the last summer window. Yet along with the players and club, the vindication is very satisfying

Last edited:
I have been proven wrong by the squad. I dont have a problem with that. It delights me.

I wanted reinforcements in January to continue our title push....the PL title was never expected or demanded by me though. I was wrong.....the club waited, and we reached our goals.

Dele and Eriksen were poor in many games..I always said they were top class on their day, and towarsd the end of the season they turned up in the big games, and we got away with not playing as well as we can.

I feel we have underperformed in games, not that the ability isnt there. Thats why I said regressed and not "champo cloggers that were never good enough and never will be".

There isnt many here who backed the last summer window. Yet along with the players and club, the vindication is very satisfying
If you're saying that that we've regressed, surely that means we do need to add to the squad and improve it especially as Poch wants to go for the title.

28qv2xA.jpg

If you're saying that that we've regressed, surely that means we do need to add to the squad and improve it especially as Poch wants to go for the title.
I said I was wrong about the squad.
I was angry and unfairly judged some of them.

Every single player has played a part, right down to Janssens last minute cameos.

Regardless of limitations and/or poor form, they have all proven that last summer, the squad needed no additions.

This summer is different, and we need to strengthen. I’ve already told you that. The two windows are a world apart.

The reasons we need to add are numerous, but “the back up is shit” isn’t one of them.

Last edited:
We'll look back on these poch years as a golden era.
We'll look back on the levy years as a golden era.
From where weve come to where we are now against such odds and in the way we've done it.... massive kudos.

The infrastructure is there now. I believe poch means this when he talks about chapters. It's the next step that we need to take.... the model we operate by needs tweaking and improvement. We are unlikely to maintain the status quo when all around us are continuing to increase their efforts to improve.

Levy does get credit, people frequently give credit but I've never gone along with this notion that everytime someone criticises Levy they have to give him credit. It's not a misnomer , he likes to be seen as a tough negotiator and he is a tough negotiator but his head coach is telling him get players in early , look for another way to do business.

The rumours about Mitchell leaving point to him not being able to work with Levy, Poch tried to persuade him to stay.

Poch knew the job when he came in that's true but he's now tired of working with scant resources, so whats to be done? Let one of the best managers we ever had walk and possible wait another 20 years before finding someone as good or do the best we can to listen to his concerns and actually lay out a plan, which I'm amazed we don't have.

It's no good having a DOF if the DOF is not allowed to work, like I said Poch is not the defacto head of recruitment, Levy is. I don't think the DOF model is going out of fashion at all, I think it's being talked about more, clubs like Man U have wasted millions on players that aren't up to scratch and they want to do things smarter. Our problem is we have been very non committal on the model.

I agree that we are run well but there is always room for improvement right?

I think we will continue to work as a sustainable business, hopefully recent profits suggest we will have a bit more to spend on fees and/or wages, but I don't think we are going to suddenly start competing with ManC or ManU for players, just like Chelsea and Woolwich aren't any more (and pretty soon FFP might start to get to grips with City too).

Levy isn't the head of recruitment in terms of deciding who we scout, what type of player we need, he's just the one who decides whether we can afford the deal and signs off on it as a financial commitment. Poch is the de facto head of recruitment now, he decides what type of player, sometimes the exact player, and has the final veto on any signing, as well overseeing youth integration and retention. The reason we don't have a DOF is definitely because Poch didn't want someone above him in the hierarchical structure.

I think we will continue to work as a sustainable business, hopefully recent profits suggest we will have a bit more to spend on fees and/or wages, but I don't think we are going to suddenly start competing with ManC or ManU for players, just like Chelsea and Woolwich aren't any more (and pretty soon FFP might start to get to grips with City too).

Levy isn't the head of recruitment in terms of deciding who we scout, what type of player we need, he's just the one who decides whether we can afford the deal and signs off on it as a financial commitment. Poch is the de facto head of recruitment now, he decides what type of player, sometimes the exact player, and has the final veto on any signing, as well overseeing youth integration and retention. The reason we don't have a DOF is definitely because Poch didn't want someone above him in the hierarchical structure.
I agree that we'll be a sustainable business but people have been saying for sometime that we if playing in the champions league regularly, we'll be able to get X, Y player, pay higher wages, so far nothing has materialised and tbh I don't expect it too. I think Levy has offered players to Poch, I believe it was him that offered one of your favourite players, Sissoko.

Back
Top Bottom