We can be heroes champions league final 01/06/2019

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Kane issue,he came back straight in for our bad run at the end of the season and a few questioned the decision as without him we dug in and got results he rocked up and the rest of team, were like ah well Harry’s back we will ease off and look what happened a gradual introduction would have been possibly better but hindsight is a great thing! as for the final personally....a sub he won’t be match fit and of the pace for possibly 90mins and extra time but 50;55 minute sub if needed then yes what a player to have.

We didn't lose (or win) because Kane was there (or not there). We lost because we didn't score enough. Simple. It's a team game.

Anyone thinking we can go into the most important game in our history with our (arguably) only world class player, a proven goalscorer that puts the fear of God into the opposition, needs help!.

Guarantee there will still be touts outside selling tickets after kick off, so if you can stomach missing 20-25mins you might grab a bargain.

By bargain I mean a FV + 20% ticket

Guarantee there will still be touts outside selling tickets after kick off, so if you can stomach missing 20-25mins you might grab a bargain.

By bargain I mean a FV + 20% ticket

My old man said this is what he will do if we can only get a couple of tickets between us before the game. Taking one for the team.

Hi. I am a Madrid citizen (atletico supporter and spurs too!!). In case any of you is coming to Madrid and is looking for hosting, my brother has a very nice house in the suburbs, including a private pool. Up to 4 people, two beedrooms, transport from airport to home an viceversa included. If you are interested please contact me ([email protected] or whatsapp +3639200600).

IN case this is not the right place to post it, i am really sorry.

Hi. I am a Madrid citizen (atletico supporter and spurs too!!). In case any of you is coming to Madrid and is looking for hosting, my brother has a very nice house in the suburbs, including a private pool. Up to 4 people, two beedrooms, transport from airport to home an viceversa included. If you are interested please contact me ([email protected] or whatsapp +3639200600).

Interesting choice of username.

:wanyama:

I really hope they work on defending set pieces in the next 3 weeks. Fullbacks on the posts, big boys doing the Man marking!

You just know we're going to concede within the first 15 minutes though......

Was thinking the same thing today. We are so vulnerable from corners and set pieces, just hope we can improve on that.....and while we are at it, lets practice taking corners too #beatthefirstman

It’s a trap !

Can you guarantee that I won't be woken up in the middle of the night with your testicles resting on my forehead?

Which formation should we play to fit in Kane?

Idea 1: Fit in both Son and Moura.
GK
RB - CB -CB-LB
DM- DM
AM
Son- Kane-Moura​
This formation has been largely untested by Pochettino this season. It’s also a big question over how the team will provide cover to the high pressing Liverpool style when Son and Moura don’t/can’t really defend.

Idea 2: drop either Son or Moura
GK
RB-CB-CB-LB
DM
CM-CM
AM
Kane - Son or Moura​
This is a more familiar formation that we used rather frequently this year. It provides more flexibility in transition. Eg., Dele as AM can be used to shadow / press key players with Kane dropping back as link ups. Eriksen provides an option to pass to so that we can bypass the Liverpool pressing. Sissoko with his physicality and timely surge into danger area as a box-box player provides defensive cover and attacking threats.

This formation works best with Kane in the line up and he is the complete forward that fulfil this role very well.

Disadvantage: Kane lack of match fitness and having to drop either Son or Moura which are why we are playing in this final.

The more I think about it the more I'm leaning towards benching Kane. Am I crazy?

I just think it's impossible to drop either Lucas or Son after their contributions in the quarters and semis. It would also mess with Liverpool heads. And just imagine the impact of him coming off the bench on 65 mins.

I just hope Poch makes the decision he wants to make and isn't bullied into it by Kane.

The more I think about it the more I'm leaning towards benching Kane. Am I crazy?

I just think it's impossible to drop either Lucas or Son after their contributions in the quarters and semis. It would also mess with Liverpool heads. And just imagine the impact of him coming off the bench on 65 mins.

I just hope Poch makes the decision he wants to make and isn't bullied into it by Kane.
Lucas is always a good impact too when he comes off the bench though

They may deserve it, but the manager has a responsibility to put out the team he thinks can win it.

No place for sentiment. Kane and Winks both play if fit (or even 75% fit).

As for Dele not playing...
We all know and have seen how slow out of the blocks Kane is after a long spell out though-surely our two quickest fittest forwards have to play.
I agree, there is no place for sentiment and the sentimental thing to do IS start Kane.

Both Harrys from the bench, they wont be anywhere near fit enough for 90 if they even make it.

Back
Top Bottom